Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm needing to find some quality TV. I have HBO, Netflix and Hulu and have pretty much exhausted the more popular series.

The wife won't do sci-fi like Westworld or Stranger Things. She really liked stuff like Boardwalk Empire and The Leftovers on HBO. She liked Ozark, Mindhunter and Bloodline on Netflix.

Looking at trying The Haunting OF Hill House. Anyone run across something they'd recommend?
If she ever read treasure island, Black Sails is a very good show. Might be abit too fantasy for her.
It was on Hulu last I checked.

I just can't get into Stranger Things. Season 1 at least.

Outside of nostalgia, the story and acting was real bad/lacking.

I watched some of season 2 while the ex was watching it and it seemed like it got better, at least. May give it another shot.

Alyssa Milano was killing me though.

I just can't get into Stranger Things. Season 1 at least.

Outside of nostalgia, the story and acting was real bad/lacking.

I watched some of season 2 while the ex was watching it and it seemed like it got better, at least. May give it another shot.

Alyssa Milano was killing me though.
That explains it.. You were watching the wrong show. Alyssa Milano isn't in Stranger Things.

I'm needing to find some quality TV. I have HBO, Netflix and Hulu and have pretty much exhausted the more popular series.

The wife won't do sci-fi like Westworld or Stranger Things. She really liked stuff like Boardwalk Empire and The Leftovers on HBO. She liked Ozark, Mindhunter and Bloodline on Netflix.

Looking at trying The Haunting OF Hill House. Anyone run across something they'd recommend?
Justified is pretty real good

I’m half way through it, how does it compare to the other seasons?

It just started to ramp up, kind of a slow burn up till now.
I enjoyed it.

I don't think seasons 2 or 3 were able to catch the magic of season 1. They probably won't be able to with the kids getting older.

If she ever read treasure island, Black Sails is a very good show. Might be abit too fantasy for her.
It was on Hulu last I checked.

@TitanJeff I have similar taste to your wife.

Black Sails is excellent though the first season is slow. I would not say it is fantasy.

Spartacus is very good too, if she likes period pieces, though they go overboard with the CGI blood.

Vikings and The Last Kingdom are both very good too and based loosely on real events. Coincidentally, The events of Last Kingdom take place right after the events of Vikings even though the shows have not collaborated.

And of course there is Cobra Kai, which is amazing. Way better than it has any business being. A lot of cool themes, in particular bullying. In season 1 Johnny teachers karate to the kids being bullied. Season 2 gets darker and more serious. The show is both amazing and hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back