Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TitanJeff I have similar taste to your wife.

Black Sails is excellent though the first season is slow. I would not say it is fantasy.

Spartacus is very good too, if she likes period pieces, though they go overboard with the CGI blood.

Vikings and The Last Kingdom are both very good too and based loosely on real events. Coincidentally, The events of Last Kingdom take place right after the events of Vikings even though the shows have not collaborated.

And of course there is Cobra Kai, which is amazing. Way better than it has any business being. A lot of cool themes, in particular bullying. In season 1 Johnny teachers karate to the kids being bullied. Season 2 gets darker and more serious. The show is both amazing and hilarious.

I am a huge fan of both Vikings and The Last Kingdom. The Last Kingdom does have a lot of true history in it, Cornwell does a great job researching and using as many facts as he can come up with in his books.

Thought they were talking about the other show gossip girls. Didnt read it, just saw the title.

I never saw it. I just remember buying the books for my friend's kid years before it became a show. She loved them though her religious grandmother was pissed at me hahaha

why?

the Brits were Christian in LK

even Baptized some Godless Vikings IIRC
Bernard Cornwell has some serious issues with the church. You can see it some in the shows, but in the books it really shines through. He was raised by an extreme christian sect that was eventually banned, but daily beatings were a requirement. Many of his books have that same anti-christian motiff and it is understandable after what he went through. Also, there is a lot of truth to it as well. The church had unequal power during that time in history and used every drop of it and often in bad ways.

But I think he was talking about gossip girl books?

Cobra Kai is worth paying a month for, cheapskates.

I loved the last few episodes of season 2. Very intense, not like the first season.

The final brawl was really cool. And they added a little comedy in too with the security guard carrying the two little guys off.

It had to come a head with Tory and Sam.

I also love all the moral ambiguity at the end. Miguel, the Cobra Kai, showed mercy. While Robby, Daniel's protege, was a dick. And Miguel paid the price for showing mercy. You then have the strange mix of Johnny's son, whom he just reconciled with, cheap shotting Johnny's protege.

I think Elizabeth Shue will be in Season 3. I hope Terry Silver and Mike Barnes are also there. That would be amazing lol.

I loved the last few episodes of season 2. Very intense, not like the first season.

The final brawl was really cool. And they added a little comedy in too with the security guard carrying the two little guys off.

It had to come a head with Tory and Sam.

I also love all the moral ambiguity at the end. Miguel, the Cobra Kai, showed mercy. While Robby, Daniel's protege, was a dick. And Miguel paid the price for showing mercy. You then have the strange mix of Johnny's son, whom he just reconciled with, cheap shotting Johnny's protege.

I think Elizabeth Shue will be in Season 3. I hope Terry Silver and Mike Barnes are also there. That would be amazing lol.
I was disappointed with the end of season 2. And loved the finale of season 1. Overall season 2 was a step down imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back