Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if any of you watch "Under the Dome" and have not read the book or at least the Wikipedia page just prepare for eye rolling disappointment.

Stop watching now. The ending is so brutally dumb the only thing I can compare it to is those old Goosebumps books for kids that usually had a stupid twist ending.

Just stop.

I haven't watched Under the Dome but read the book, I thought the ending, or the reason for the dome was disappointing.

It seems as if it was written by the History Channel guy. Couldn't think of a good ending so...aliens.

I haven't watched Under the Dome but read the book, I thought the ending, or the reason for the dome was disappointing.

It seems as if it was written by the History Channel guy. Couldn't think of a good ending so...aliens.
Somebody should have told King anyways...

The ending was especially dump because

not only was it a dumb alien plot but it was alien kids who put the dome up as a science experiment/entertainment thing for themselves like an ant farm. Just gay. Then King killed everyone (nearly) at the end too.

And there's Rectify which has been very melancholy and dramatic - but an excellent show by the one and only Ray McKinnon.
No meth, but great drama.

rectify_ver2_xlg.jpg

Only made it about 2/3rd of the way through, but enjoyed the first episode of The Strain on FX last night. Has potential to be good although it had one eye-rolling scene early.

Also watched the first 3 episodes of Penny Dreadful on Showtime. Excellent. Looking forward to finishing the first season.

That's King's thing... good, solid stories... poor endings.

King has even admitted as much.

IT was like that...and Graveyard Shift...man, were they awful.

The Wiki page is about as much as I'd plan to invest in Under the Dome this season.

Only made it about 2/3rd of the way through, but enjoyed the first episode of The Strain on FX last night. Has potential to be good although it had one eye-rolling scene early.

Also watched the first 3 episodes of Penny Dreadful on Showtime. Excellent. Looking forward to finishing the first season.

The Strain is going to be the shiz!
Looks like a Nosferatu/Salem's Lot for 2014

Finished the Sopranos. Not impressed, to be honest. It never jumped the shark like Dexter, but I finished it basically for the same reason; time invested.

The last season didn't seem like a final season at all. Then the last two or three episodes rushed everything. And I don't even have to say anything about the ending, as it's pretty infamous.

The Wire better be an improvement, otherwise all this talk I've been hearing for the last decade about these two shows will have been lies. LIES!

Never finished Dexter because someone ruined it for me when I mentioned I was on season 5. So yeah.

The Strain looks pretty interesting, like someone else said there's a couple eye roll moments but it's pretty good.

Finished the Sopranos. Not impressed, to be honest. It never jumped the shark like Dexter, but I finished it basically for the same reason; time invested.

The last season didn't seem like a final season at all. Then the last two or three episodes rushed everything. And I don't even have to say anything about the ending, as it's pretty infamous.

The Wire better be an improvement, otherwise all this talk I've been hearing for the last decade about these two shows will have been lies. LIES!

Sopranos was really only good for seasons 1-3. It was all pretty bad after that. pretty real bad definitely i think

Im a chunk into season 3 of the Wire

great show. Not Breaking Bad but dang its good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back