Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hai gaiz
just dropping in to say I've been bingewatching Arrow Season 2. Man, I really love this show! The bingewatching helps to keep my interest; I couldnt watch it by appointment in weekly installments. The constant plot twisting amd cliffhangers during this season has been excellent so far (18 episodes in)

Key and Peele killlled it tonight.

Also flash Is a poon. Why don't he have Ollie teach him how to fight?? Duuuh. For a superhero that's super dumb.

Last episode of Gotham was really good. It and the 2nd episode have been my favorites so far.

Just watched the second episode of Flash. It's definitely corny at times but I like it. I really hope they don't force that whole "I love you but I can't say it" angle into every episode. That's really getting old already.

Okay I'll have to try and check it out.

Yeah with the CW you have to take the corny with the good. Arrow has a bit of that because they try to be darker despite their obvious low budget. Flash is doing it by their jokes and trying to have a lighter feel.

I kinda wish Arrow came on Tuesdays and Flash on Wednesdays. Going from a happy tone in Flash to so much darker in Arrow the very next night has thrown me off a bit.

American Horror Story started off way better than Coven.
They definitely ramped up the horror and disturbing freak sex.

And the Jessica Lange bravely taking on that grand performance of Life on Mars with the freak accompaniment was downright glorious! - even if she can't sing well..

That said, Life on Mars didn't exist in the 50's.
Yeah, and um, Fiona Apple tunes most definitely didn't exist in the 50's.

I still can't decide if that was corny or cool, but either way it didn't bother me.

Oh hai gaiz
just dropping in to say I've been bingewatching Arrow Season 2. Man, I really love this show! The bingewatching helps to keep my interest; I couldnt watch it by appointment in weekly installments. The constant plot twisting amd cliffhangers during this season has been excellent so far (18 episodes in)

Not sure if serious or doing Cruds impersonation.

This is my first attempt at watching American Horror Story, and boy is it an f'ing cheese-fest.

Complaints:

1. I gave it a shot based on the theme. Visually it could be stunning- but they're just kind of tossing it away.

2. The dialogue may be the worst of any show I've seen of late. Many laugh out loud moments that kill whatever is going on... and I don't think it's supposed to be comedic. The writing is just that bad.

3. Acting is about as poor as it gets on TV other than Sarah Paulson and the old lady.

4. They somehow made a scary clown seem more goofy than creepy... quite a feat.

5. The score. Terrible. It never matches what's happening in the scenes. Often, the score is ramping up- trying to set a scary mood while nothing even remotely intense is happening on screen.

6. Random karaoke show with Fiona Apple. Continuity... who needs it? All for being creative, but this was just stupid.

I feel watching it was a comedy may help. Giving it one more episode before giving up on it.

With that laundry list of complaints perhaps you should just throw in the towel now. Seriously doubt your opinions on the writing, acting, and score are going to dramatically change in the coming weeks.

I was indifferent. I really didn't mind that it was clearly a 90's song. This is fantasy after all.

The mosh pit was a bit much though.

WHY CAN'T OLIVER JUST GO BACK TO MURDERING CRIMINALS LIKE IN SEASON ONE IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER OMG.

- "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY"

- ARROW TO THE CRIMINALS DOME AND OLIVER MOONWALKS BACK TO HIS UNDERGROUND LAYER AND BANGS FELICITY WHILE DIGGLE AND ROY WATCH.

Not sure if serious or doing Cruds impersonation.
Nope, serious. Finished the rest of S2..great climax. Started S3 with the pathetic CW app but gave up halfway through 1st episode. Good to see Felicity finally getting the meat she so richly deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back