Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Wrong.

I think you said the same crap about Breaking Bad before going back and watching it to realize how wrong you were about the show.

I've watched enough of Homeland to know its crap. It's too hokey and unrealistic and my suspension of disbelief doesn't stretch far enough to enjoy it. If it was a fantasy show obviously the bar is set different but when its trying to be a counter terrorism show it's as bad as 24 was.

I'm also starting to think Breaking Bad might become one of the most overrated shows of all time based on the fanboyism for it.

I've watched enough of Homeland to know its crap. It's too hokey and unrealistic and my suspension of disbelief doesn't stretch far enough to enjoy it. If it was a fantasy show obviously the bar is set different but when its trying to be a counter terrorism show it's as bad as 24 was.

I'm also starting to think Breaking Bad might become one of the most overrated shows of all time based on the fanboyism for it.
I see your point. However I think if you make a show like that too "realistic" it'd be boring AF.

Never seen a single episode of 24. Watched the first season of Breaking Bad. I liked it but it didn't hook me. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time because the way everyone talks it's the greatest show ever made. I do plan on giving it another shot at some point.

I see your point. However I think if you make a show like that too "realistic" it'd be boring AF.

Never seen a single episode of 24. Watched the first season of Breaking Bad. I liked it but it didn't hook me. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time because the way everyone talks it's the greatest show ever made. I do plan on giving it another shot at some point.

I caught a random episode or two of Breaking Bad and just didn't really like it. But watching it from the beginning made a big difference. It's a really good series. I think it's a little over hyped as to how good it is, but it's still really good. Although if you watched a full season and weren't into it, I'm not sure a rewatch would change much.

Agree with what you are saying about too realistic, but there was just too much that strained credibility in Homeland for me.

I caught a random episode or two of Breaking Bad and just didn't really like it. But watching it from the beginning made a big difference. It's a really good series. I think it's a little over hyped as to how good it is, but it's still really good. Although if you watched a full season and weren't into it, I'm not sure a rewatch would change much.
I was in to it, just wasn't blown away like I was expecting. And I just had so many other shows going on at the time it kinda fell by the wayside. I kept meaning to start season 2, just never did. Once some of these fall shows wrap up I think I'm gonna give it another go.

First two seasons of BB were just okay. Then once you hit season three you're in for a hell of a ride.

I wasn't hooked until S3.

"I didn't care for Breaking Bad" is the litmus test for either:
A: I'm too anti-hip to watch 'hip' shows.. or
B: I cannot discern a good show from a bad show..

BB is money. First season thru the last.

Well I definitely don't fall into the A category. The B category I suppose is up for debate.

As I said, I liked the first season it just didn't blow me away like I was expecting. I'm definitely looking forward to giving it another shot though.

Well I definitely don't fall into the A category. The B category I suppose is up for debate.

As I said, I liked the first season it just didn't blow me away like I was expecting. I'm definitely looking forward to giving it another shot though.

Season one is the setup and it isn't quite as utterly spellbinding as following seasons but it remains unique and walks the tragedy/comedy line very nicely..
They wanted to kill Jesse off in season one. They saved themselves from making an epic mistake but not doing that...

Season one is the setup and it isn't quite as utterly spellbinding as following seasons but it remains unique and walks the tragedy/comedy line very nicely..
They wanted to kill Jesse off in season one. They saved themselves from making an epic mistake but not doing that...

Yea, Jesse is my favorite character. I couldn't believe it when I heard they had seriously considered getting rid of Jesse after the first season.

Impossible to imagine the show going on without him that early on.

Homeland was awesome tonight. Best thing on tv right now IMO.

Walking Dead was pretty decent but definitely the weakest of the season. I'm still wondering who was with Daryl at the end of last week's episode.

I hate when they completely leave the main story for an entire episode.

I just kept thinking "why doesn't somebody choke that cop b**** out?" the whole time last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back