Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Every time a US version is made it's neutered.
See Broadchurch/Gracepoint...

And like The Office...

Although I will say right now that I prefer the US version (minus the final couple of seasons). I am a fan of the UK version, but it only went on two seasons and didn't have as many memorable moments.

But Gervais was probably the one making the US version so great anyways.

And like The Office...

Although I will say right now that I prefer the US version (minus the final couple of seasons). I am a fan of the UK version, but it only went on two seasons and didn't have as many memorable moments.

Their "Jim" was better... but our "Dwight" killed.

Our office had better supporting characters.

Honestly... Gervais and Carell are a draw. Loved them both for different reasons.

And like The Office...

I found it very strange to see our version vs theirs, the 2 casts look so a like almost as if its the same exact show with the same people

column.jpg

The two Offices are such different beasts...
I'm just now watching the final season of US Office. If it wasn't for Dwight and Robert California that show would have been wretched after Carell left..

The two Offices are such different beasts...
I'm just now watching the final season of US Office. If it wasn't for Dwight and Robert California that show would have been wretched after Carell left..
It was pretty bad even still. The Office is yet another shining example of American shows not knowing when to call it quits. Seems like these days just about every great show goes on at least 2 or 3 seasons too long.

I know it's all about the $$$ and I can't say I'd do anything different in their shoes. But it's sad watching all these shows you love deteriorate into a shell of what they once were.

You know I've been hawking this show for months here..
ALL the episodes are fantastic..
There is one episode with John Ham that's not available on Netflix for some reason.

If you like this show at all I recommend another UK short series called The Fall where Gillian Anderson plays an English detective working a serial killer (Jamie Dornan) case in Ireland. Great, smart stuff.

Agree on both, have binged both. Both are great IMO. As Alex mentioned, Black Mirror puts a pretty thought provoking spin on impacts of modern technology (in a very twisted way), making it both painful to watch but very hard to stop watching. Without giving away the plot, the first show of the series was draining to watch in that one could completely see it happening in today's world....

I thought Gillian Anderson did some of her best work in The Fall....very well done.

I have come to respect the British shows, but one thing about them normally sticks out....they are never afraid to whack main characters it seems. Sometimes at the weirdest times (like at beginnings and middle of seasons). Keeps you on your toes....

I don't understand the Hulu hate. Yea its $7 per month and you still have ads, but that is because they are providing programming that is more expensive than what Netflix provides. I've never had any issues streaming from them so I can't comment.

I live in a rural area, and our "high speed" internet here is not that fast. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime. While there may be more current programming on Amazon (normally pay per view, however), I tend to like Netflix because we are able to control the playback settings in order to minimize buffering. Amazon does not give us that option, which means that we have to let the shows preload for about 5-10 minutes before watching. That said, there was something about Marco Polo (maybe some sort of higher definition filming?) that made it a bear to watch (due to buffering) regardless of playback settings. Hopefully Netflix does not continue that practice.

We have never tried Hulu, but from what I read on here it would be a nonstarter in our house because of the commercials....my wife hates commercials with a passion.

I live in a rural area, and our "high speed" internet here is not that fast. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime. While there may be more current programming on Amazon (normally pay per view, however), I tend to like Netflix because we are able to control the playback settings in order to minimize buffering. Amazon does not give us that option, which means that we have to let the shows preload for about 5-10 minutes before watching. That said, there was something about Marco Polo (maybe some sort of higher definition filming?) that made it a bear to watch (due to buffering) regardless of playback settings. Hopefully Netflix does not continue that practice.

We have never tried Hulu, but from what I read on here it would be a nonstarter in our house because of the commercials....my wife hates commercials with a passion.

see that makes sense.

Outside of issues you may encounter, I've never had any issues from Hulu's end. Damn good product IMO, well worth $7 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back