Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night on Hart to Hart, Max's nephew was one of the top players for Westcliff college's basketball team. Campus Security finds cocaine in his locker. Max contacts the Harts and they go undercover at the college. The Harts finally clear the nephew just in time for him to come in at the last minute and win the big game.

RIVETING.

annual_zpskt5oc4bs.jpg

For all the Homeland fans. Apparently people in the actual CIA are not big fans of the Carrie Mathison character -- played by 90s GenX emo girl Claire Danes:

Screen-Shot-2015-04-05-at-2.07.21-PM-620x309.jpg

WASHINGTON — THE co-creator of “Homeland” on Showtime revealed recently that when the new season starts, Claire Danes’s Carrie Mathison will no longer work at the C.I.A.
Her real-life counterparts can’t wait for her to clean out her desk.
The C.I.A. sisterhood is fed up with the flock of fictional C.I.A. women in movies and on TV who guzzle alcohol as they bed hop and drone drop, acting crazed and emotional, sleeping with terrorists and seducing assets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/o...-dowd-good-riddance-carrie-mathison.html?_r=1

Can't imagine why they would hate Carrie so much :sarcasm:

Homeland202.gif

I just watched Die Die My darling with Stephanie Powers, which is kinda an early take on "Misery".. She was much cuter as a nubile-ish Brit than with that bad 80's hair..

diediemydarling1.jpg

Last night on Hart to Hart, Max's nephew was one of the top players for Westcliff college's basketball team. Campus Security finds cocaine in his locker. Max contacts the Harts and they go undercover at the college. The Harts finally clear the nephew just in time for him to come in at the last minute and win the big game.

RIVETING.

annual_zpskt5oc4bs.jpg

Was it just me, or was Mad Men disappointing last night? Maybe they are easing us into a new plot, but there are only 7 episodes and last night seemed largely a waste of time to me...

I just watched Die Die My darling with Stephanie Powers, which is kinda an early take on "Misery".. She was much cuter as a nubile-ish Brit than with that bad 80's hair..

diediemydarling1.jpg

Most definitely. Heather Thomas was made for 80s skank hair. Stephanie Powers... not so much.

ht-headshot_zpsywamtsbg.jpg

You mean that show got a plot since I gave up on it?

Usually I give a show at least a full season.

With Mad Men, I made it 7 episodes in. That was all I could handle.

NOTHING happens, and I made the assumption that this is just the show... A show about nothing. I loved Seinfeld for being about nothing because it was funny, but I couldn't handle Mad Men.

I thought about going back and at least finishing S1, but I doubt I will.

I can't agree that "nothing happens" on Mad Men. But it is a very character driven show. You're either invested in the characters and along for the ride or not. I can't blame anyone for not liking it but I enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back