Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typically like a well-made shows - and Mad Men is well made and well acted but it only takes a couple of episodes to absorb the setting and culture of the time.
3 or so seasons in I was still waiting for the point.
All style, no substance.. Don should have killed his wife early on - then get caught later. Something..

I can't agree that "nothing happens" on Mad Men. But it is a very character driven show. You're either invested in the characters and along for the ride or not. I can't blame anyone for not liking it but I enjoy it.

Good start for Game of Thrones last night.

Mad Men....I'm not sure what direction is being taken with only 5 more episodes to go. At this point, I feel like Don is going to die. Both episodes since the break have had a weird vibe and I like it but with only a short time left it's very bold.

I can't agree that "nothing happens" on Mad Men. But it is a very character driven show. You're either invested in the characters and along for the ride or not. I can't blame anyone for not liking it but I enjoy it.

This is what I tell my friends. Give it one season because if you can make it past the first season and you have a genuine interest in the characters, then it only gets better. It's all about character development. I love the story around Don, I love his dynamic with Peggy, Roger always on the seek for relevancy within the firm etc etc.

Some people say it's too boring and I get that, but there are plenty of people that are into it without zombies, dragons, robots, etc etc. I have more crazed reactions to scenes in Mad Men than any other show that I've loved such as Breaking Bad and Sopranos, all just depends if you can get into it or not. For instance, me and my roommates loved both Breaking Bad and Mad Men and while shouting or having jaw dropping moments over what Heisenberg did, we'll have the same or even more enthused reactions when Don makes a pitch or Roger weasels out another client.

Was it just me, or was Mad Men disappointing last night? Maybe they are easing us into a new plot, but there are only 7 episodes and last night seemed largely a waste of time to me...

I actually loved the first episode. Now last night's episode, was a bit of a waste. However, Matthew Wiener is one of the better writers out there and I have full faith with 5 episodes to go, he can deliver a hit for the series finale.

Good start for Game of Thrones last night.

Mad Men....I'm not sure what direction is being taken with only 5 more episodes to go. At this point, I feel like Don is going to die. Both episodes since the break have had a weird vibe and I like it but with only a short time left it's very bold.

I actually just tried to watch Mad Men, watched 1 episode and probably won't watch it again. I was pretty bored throughout the entire episode, literally nothing made me want to watch another episode. Maybe I need to give it another shot?

Really struggling to find a new series now that I finished Daredevil. I don't have cable, so pretty much all my TV time is from Netflix, Hulu, or WatchESPN.

I actually just tried to watch Mad Men, watched 1 episode and probably won't watch it again. I was pretty bored throughout the entire episode, literally nothing made me want to watch another episode. Maybe I need to give it another shot?

Really struggling to find a new series now that I finished Daredevil. I don't have cable, so pretty much all my TV time is from Netflix, Hulu, or WatchESPN.
I think you need to give any new show, particularly a drama, more than one episode before making a judgment. But if you absolutely hated the pilot then there's definitely a chance the show simply isn't for you. But yes, the pilot is very slow and meandering. But yes, the show gets much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW the wife and I watched the pilot of Mad Men a long time ago and weren't impressed. So we didn't watch again until about a year later when we decided to give it another go. Now we both absolutely love it.

Pilots can be rough. You usually can't judge a show off of them alone. Hell, I remember being pretty underwhelmed by the pilot to The Wire. And that ended up being one of my all time favorites.

I also don't have cable...

Netflix has a TON of great shows. Surely you can find something.

Almost every good show that Hulu has is already on Netflix, so I don't find much use in it.

I'm doing a free month of Hulu right now (for the third time in the last few years), and I can honestly say they will neve see a dime from me until they put out a better product. If you're going to charge the same as Netflix, your product better as good or better than it.

An underrated show that Hulu does have (and Netflix doesn't) is Party Down... Just finished it recently. It's a shame they cancelled it, but that's what happens when you put a TV show on Starz.

Almost every good show that Hulu has is already on Netflix, so I don't find much use in it.

I'm doing a free month of Hulu right now (for the third time in the last few years), and I can honestly say they will neve see a dime from me until they put out a better product. If you're going to charge the same as Netflix, your product better as good or better than it.

An underrated show that Hulu does have (and Netflix doesn't) is Party Down... Just finished it recently. It's a shame they cancelled it, but that's what happens when you put a TV show on Starz.

Hulu isn't mine, it's on my roommates 360 in our living room, and the subscription is an ex-girlfriends haha.

While you have your Hulu subscription, check out Vikings. I know it's on Hulu, but not on Netflix. If you haven't already watched it.

There's a ton of options, I'm just trying to find the perfect one before I invest myself in multiple seasons of a show.

Hulu is a different product than Netflix though. Pretty much the big thing they have going for them is the ability to watch current season episodes of TV shows. Netflix has great shows in their catalog but can't offer that (original programming aside of course). Hulu is great for people who don't have cable but want to keep up with current shows.

Both are well worth every penny. But yeah, Netflix offers more bang for your buck.

Hulu is a different product than Netflix though. Pretty much the big thing they have going for them is the ability to watch current season episodes of TV shows. Netflix has great shows in their catalog but can't offer that (original programming aside of course). Hulu is great for people who don't have cable but want to keep up with current shows.

Both are well worth every penny. But yeah, Netflix offers more bang for your buck.

Right, but you can watch the latest season's episodes for free on the regular Hulu (not Hulu Plus). This is generally what I've always done.

I had actually been excited to watch Modern Family... but Hulu literally only has the current season. That's pretty damn lame IMO.

I remember signing up for a free month of Netflix and never looking back. Every time I do a free month of Hulu, I cancel it before I'm charged.

I'm about to sign up for a free month of HBO NOW (their new standalone streaming service), and I expect I'll end up keeping it.

Used to have cable/HBO, so I've been really missing out on some stuff lately. I always loved steeaming stuff on HBO GO.

$15 seems a little high, but probably worth it, considering there's so much on HBO I still want to see.

Does Hulu have every recent show? Is there a list of shows they do have?

Basically I'd like to look at options so I can stop downloading shows since we don't most here anymore, or they run at stupid/inconsistent times.

Does Hulu have every recent show? Is there a list of shows they do have?

Basically I'd like to look at options so I can stop downloading shows since we don't most here anymore, or they run at stupid/inconsistent times.

Every network (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc) show's episodes should be up within 24 hours of airtime as far as I know.

You wouldn't need a paid subscription to watch the latest network episodes unless you wanted to stream them though your TV.

For example, I watched the entire current season of Parks & Rec on Hulu's site with no paid subscription.

They're gonna have the majority (if not all) of your basic network TV shows.

For any type of premium channel (Comedy Central, etc), I think you need a subscription to watch their shows. They're usually on within the next day or so as well. Although they've really been slipping on Workaholics.

When I originally watched Mad Men for the first time I was watching it with my now ex girlfriend. She wasn't really all into it and I guess the negative comments while watching rubbed off on me so we stopped after about 4 episodes.

I eventually gave the show another shot and liked it a lot more obviously. I would give Mad Men another shot and for more than just one episode. The show feels a lot different after the first one. Scene transitions, music, characters, etc. It doesn't even feel like a Mad Men episode looking back, more of just a focus on Don and trying to get you into his life.

I'd like to take this opportunity to step outside of my GoTitans decorum to say
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK CABLE!!!

I can find a hundred things to do other than pay stupid money for worthless fuggin tv and lousy customer "service". The only reason I've been watching anything at all in the past year is because I bought a cheap LED tv and a Roku stick.

Arrow
Thank god they dumped Roy. I'd had rather it been annoying @$$ Laurel but whatever. They had way too many heroes in the mix and Roy was mostly useless. Very disappointed in the way he was developed/utilized after becoming Arsenal. And how ridiculous was that Diggle explanation.... "This guy specializes in stabbing someone in just the right spot so they don't die... the tip of the blade was coated with blah blah blah" lol *PRONOUNCED EYE ROLL* If you have to explain something in that much detail you probably just shouldn't do it.

And Thea at the end, are we to believe that the Demon's Head does not know how to properly murder someone? This is twice now with Oliver and now with Thea. I know Oliver was technically saved and maybe he meant to let Thea live? IDK, all these false deaths are getting lame.

Also, I think the Ray/Atom character is dangerously close to overstaying his welcome. Hopefully that look he gave Felicity and Oliver at the end of this episode is a sign he's about to move on.

Still unquestionably hooked on the show though lol. Bu it's gotten into legit soap opera territory now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Response
Ra's knows that Oliver knows about the Lazarus Pits. Thea is bait to force him to accept the ring and gain access to the Pits. He pretty much announced it.
I get the impression that Roy may be part of the anticipated spinoff..dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back