Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't think these games would release with the content in the past so I see it as an add on rather than an incomplete game.
I disagree, but there's only one example I can use to prove it, so it's not concrete.

During an Assassin's Creed reveal, Ubisoft showed gameplay from the Jack the Ripper DLC....before the game was released. The game was released in October. The DLC was released in December.

Maybe it only took a month and a half to build a 4 hour quest. I don't know. I have my doubts though.

I disagree, but there's only one example I can use to prove it, so it's not concrete.

During an Assassin's Creed reveal, Ubisoft showed gameplay from the Jack the Ripper DLC....before the game was released. The game was released in October. The DLC was released in December.

Maybe it only took a month and a half to build a 4 hour quest. I don't know. I have my doubts though.

It could be and I wouldn't be surprised if some companies are doing it, but as long as I am not paying extra to finish the main game (whatever they send out) I don't really care. I've only ever bought 2 DLCs - The Witcher 3 (both of them) and I just bought Bloodbornes DLC as well.

This has been going on forever though. Just more noticeable since home consoles now have internet and HDDs. If you grew up on PC it's old news.

Your looking at it in the wrong manner. You need to assess if what you are buying for 60 dollars holds that amount in entertainment value.

If you're gonna try and say The Witcher 3 at release was not worth full price due to missing 2 large DLCs but something like Uncharted 4 is because there isn't significant DLC, id say you are insane.

This has been going on forever though. Just more noticeable since home consoles now have internet and HDDs. If you grew up on PC it's old news.
I grew up on consoles. I'm used to getting the whole damn game.

If you're gonna try and say The Witcher 3 at release was not worth full price due to missing 2 large DLCs but something like Uncharted 4 is because there isn't significant DLC, id say you are insane.
I'd say none of them are worth $60 if there is content missing.

I obviously have the ability to wait a year, so it's not hurting my wallet. I just don't like the direction gaming is headed. DLC and microtransactions are not the way to go, but people keep rolling with it, so I'll keep waiting a year.

I can tell you right now I'm probably never buying another sports game if they all go the NBA2K18 route with the VC. I'm already done with Madden because of the exclusivity with the NFL. If MLB The Show goes the same direction I'm pretty much out of sports sims.

I grew up on consoles. I'm used to getting the whole damn game.

I'd say none of them are worth $60 if there is content missing.

I obviously have the ability to wait a year, so it's not hurting my wallet. I just don't like the direction gaming is headed. DLC and microtransactions are not the way to go, but people keep rolling with it, so I'll keep waiting a year.

I can tell you right now I'm probably never buying another sports game if they all go the NBA2K18 route with the VC. I'm already done with Madden because of the exclusivity with the NFL. If MLB The Show goes the same direction I'm pretty much out of sports sims.
Lawl so a game you can get a complete story plus 100+ hours from it isn't worth 60 bucks? Asinine.

Got the Mega Man Legacy Collection and been playing that lately. So much fun but so, so brutal. I really miss games that are this simple yet so tough and relentless. I've definitely had to stop myself from shattering the controller on the ground a few times.

If the The Witcher was released in the era before consoles got DLC, the expansions wouldn't have ever been released.
Roflllll.

Please go back and find me a game that is the size and scale of The Witcher 3+DLC.

If Warcraft 3 got released in the era before consoles got DLC, The Frozen Throne wouldn't have ever been released.

If the Sims was released in the era before consoles got DLC, 20 expansion packs would never have been released.

If Half-Life was released in the era before consoles got DLC, Opposing Force wouldn't have been released.

If Call Of Duty was released in the era before consoles got DLC, United Offensice wouldn't have been released.

If Diablo 2 was released in the era before consoles got DLC, Lord of Destrucion wouldn't have been released.

If Morrowind was released in the era before consoles got DLC, Tribunal wouldn't have been released.

If Balders Gate 2 was released in the era before consoles got DLC, Throne of Baahl wouldn't have been released.

Oh wait.

all i play is madden even though it's kinda garbage. i do like that charles davis used a line during the dolphins/titans broadcast that he uses in the game.

probably get gran turismo sport next week even though it kinda looks and sounds bad

Got the Mega Man Legacy Collection and been playing that lately. So much fun but so, so brutal. I really miss games that are this simple yet so tough and relentless. I've definitely had to stop myself from shattering the controller on the ground a few times.
Ghosts and Goblins for the NES

Why not get a real SNES?
I have one.

The problem is the games are expensive as hell. Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Secret of Mana, and Super Castlevania 4 are over $110 combined. Now I don't need to spend all of that to play them. I'd like to own them at some point in the future, but I can still play them until then.

And Starfox 2 was never released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back