Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft copped **** for milking their franchises, but Nintendo don't when they pretty much rely on Mario and Zelda to bring in buyers.
Does Halo even bring in buyers anymore? That seems to be more of a problem than anything else. Microsoft's tent pole franchise is an FPS with nowhere to go creatively. The big change from Halo to Halo 2 was wielding two guns at the same time! Woooh...
No I am not saying people are buying the Switch for sympathy, I am saying they get away with it because they've struggled for a long time.
Struggling for a long time? About five years is not a long time.

https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_games

Microsoft copped **** for milking their franchises, but Nintendo don't when they pretty much rely on Mario and Zelda to bring in buyers.

There is an insane number of Mario related games, sequels, appearances and whatnot. More than anything Masterchef related

No I am not saying people are buying the Switch for sympathy, I am saying they get away with it because they've struggled for a long time.
Halo has FPS shooter genre and 2 FPS games.

Mario has its 3D and 2D platforming, kart series, Party series, sports series, 2 RPG series, smash series. A lot more variety so I think they get a bit more leeway lol.

Aside from the Wii, they've not done well selling consoles for a long time.
WAT?

The DS is one of the best selling consoles. Sold more then the Wii. 3DS had a slow start but put up good numbers. Only bad selling consoles relative to their time were the GameCube and WIIU.

The WiiU had the amiibo cash supplement for that failure too.

Edit: Forgot that trash VR system

Mario has its 3D and 2D platforming, kart series, Party series, sports series, 2 RPG series, smash series. A lot more variety so I think they get a bit more leeway lol.

Mario Party was released in 1998. There have been 16 versions of the game.
Mario Kart - 14 since 92
Mario Sports - Almost 30
Mario RPGs - 13, 12 of them since 2000
Mario 2D - 17 versions
Smash - surprisingly 4 since 1998

The very definition of milking.

WAT?

The DS is one of the best selling consoles. Sold more then the Wii. 3DS had a slow start but put up good numbers. Only bad selling consoles relative to their time were the GameCube and WIIU.

The WiiU had the amiibo cash supplement for that failure too.

Edit: Forgot that trash VR system

Consoles, not handhelds.

Nintendo 64 didn't sell well relative to the time either.

So that makes it 3 out of the last 4 with the Switch still a question mark.

Consoles, not handhelds.

Nintendo 64 didn't sell well relative to the time either.

So that makes it 3 out of the last 4 with the Switch still a question mark.
What lol? Handeheld consoles are indeed consoles.

If you don't consider them consoles why are you counting handheld games in your game counts lol

Also where are you getting these counts from?

Mario Kart has 7 console games and 2 handheld games.

What lol? Handeheld consoles are indeed consoles.

If you don't consider them consoles why are you counting handheld games in your game counts lol

Also where are you getting these counts from?

Mario Kart has 7 console games and 2 handheld games.

1. No one considers handheld and consoles in the same competitive area.

2. They're still games.

I got the list from wiki and considering the number I wasn't vetting it thoroughly. It's still milked no matter how many you want to strike from the list.

You guys a forgetting a big market, and it’s probably because it doesn’t cater to anyone here, but Pokémon, dragon ball, and a bunch of other stuff coming out of Japan that sells a lot on Nintendo platforms and not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back