Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been playing Lego Avengers lately. Just a bit of mindless grinding.

I still have Until Dawn and Final Fantasy XV to play, as well as UC collection, God of War 3 remaster and some other indies I bought.
I have Until Dawn sitting here as well. I've heard really good stuff about it, but the backlog is already too big and I barely have time to game on weekdays. Why Can't I be rich and use vacation as a verb like you? =(

I'm only an hour and a half or so into god of war 3. I never had a ps3 so it's brand new to me. Really fun so far, looking forward to playing it a lot. I put 50 hours into FFXV on xb1 and regret nothing. I did all the bounties and side missions then when I ran out of them I'd advance the main story. Pretty sad I didn't get to complete it before xb1 died, but no way I would pay for it again and dump another 50 hours into stuff I've already done. Great game though, definitely buying the next FF game.

I have Until Dawn sitting here as well. I've heard really good stuff about it, but the backlog is already too big and I barely have time to game on weekdays. Why Can't I be rich and use vacation as a verb like you? =(

I'm only an hour and a half or so into god of war 3. I never had a ps3 so it's brand new to me. Really fun so far, looking forward to playing it a lot. I put 50 hours into FFXV on xb1 and regret nothing. I did all the bounties and side missions then when I ran out of them I'd advance the main story. Pretty sad I didn't get to complete it before xb1 died, but no way I would pay for it again and dump another 50 hours into stuff I've already done. Great game though, definitely buying the next FF game.

Sadly my recent couple of months was jobless but I just got a new job so I have a week to enjoy it.

I got until dawn when I was in the states for like $10. I'm thinking I will give it a go next after I 100% LEGO avengers.

God of War 3 was awesome but the opening fight was spoiled for me, I saw it on a preview so it lost a bit of lustre still amazing though.

Also, I can't recommend that Uncharted Collection enough. I got it for like 15 dollars and just started UC3. Idk if you've played them before- I hadn't. One of the most enjoyable series I've ever had the luck to play, after years of not caring because they didn't seem "interesting" to me and them also being sony exclusives.

Had no idea what amazing games I was missing with this series. Man, if you have a week left before new job... seriously... knock out Uncharted Collection and UC4. There is no way you will be disappointed.

Also, I can't recommend that Uncharted Collection enough. I got it for like 15 dollars and just started UC3. Idk if you've played them before- I hadn't. One of the most enjoyable series I've ever had the luck to play, after years of not caring because they didn't seem "interesting" to me and them also being sony exclusives.

Had no idea what amazing games I was missing with this series. Man, if you have a week left before new job... seriously... knock out Uncharted Collection and UC4. There is no way you will be disappointed.
goong to pick it up eventually, never played them so looking forward to it.

I considered getting one when the stock situation settles down. I have the extra cash to grab it but nothing is out yet aside from Zelda that I even want to play. I'm not a big mario kart guy either. If Mario turns out to be epic, might push me over the edge. Last Mario game I played was on the n64 and it was life changing.

I just don't think I would find as much use for the portability as some people. Don't have a train or bus ride, don't have to fly due to work or vacation. So I would only use the screen around the house... in bed or pooping. Might as well just use TV if you're home.

I'm still interested in the console, though. Few more quality first party games and I will most likely pull the trigger. PS4 and Switch sounds great.. covers a ton of different types of games.

edit: Mario Odyssey + Monster Hunter... or dear god a Pokemon console rpg.. and then you have BoTW already released. That would get me to go buy one right now.
I was on the fence and decided to pull the trigger. Honestly, it is exactly what I needed. Low commitment, easy to pick up games with some nestalgia. Zelda is a blast and Mario Kart is so fucking awesome. If Odyssey is good and they throw in Metroid/Kong/Mega Man.....gonna be hyped.

oh, and the portability is crazy, Nintendo freakin nailed that. Switch is doing a lot of things right.

I am an uncharted fanboy.

To the point Ive been working on an uncharted novel for myself.

Absolutely love the series which is why I bought the PS4 versions as well.

Feeling like there wasn't a grind at all for me in HZD is one of great things I liked about it. The entire game was perfectly paced for me, the side quests weren't too numerous and were typically interesting. Then you had the hunter lodge challenges, and the dungeon to improve your override ability.

Only time I ever had to "grind" was when I needed materials to upgrade gear, ie increase quiver space or potion space, and usually this was only on the final tier of upgrades. Took me 30 minutes to kill enough racoons to max out my arrow capacity.

Totally my GOTY to this point and I really don't know if anything will surpass it. Truly one of the best games I've experienced in the last 5 years.

But Aloy? What a terrible name for your main protagonist. Playing off alloy.. like robot building material. Ugh
I felt the opposite, I felt the need to constantly hunt animals just to have a decent ammo capacity or health. Some of the machines were a bore and I felt I only needed 3 weapons to beat the entire game.

Story was great and nothing beat fighting a Thunderjaw for the first time. They got the big machines right, if they make a sequel, I bet it will be vastly improved.

I felt the opposite, I felt the need to constantly hunt animals just to have a decent ammo capacity or health. Some of the machines were a bore and I felt I only needed 3 weapons to beat the entire game.

Story was great and nothing beat fighting a Thunderjaw for the first time. They got the big machines right, if they make a sequel, I bet it will be vastly improved.
Won't argue at all about how they made mistakes with the weapon types. I never had to use any of the slings, or plant traps. Not once. I made it through the entire game with the sharpshooter bow and hunter bow (plus whatever bow uses fire arrows.. cant remember if it was one of those two or not). I really hope they turn this into a series and fix the weapon issues in game 2. Totally fair criticism on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Uncharted series was the most fun I had with anything on PS3, aside from Skyrim. U4 is basically the only thing really tempting me to finally buy a new-gen console.

Sadly my recent couple of months was jobless but I just got a new job so I have a week to enjoy it.

I got until dawn when I was in the states for like $10. I'm thinking I will give it a go next after I 100% LEGO avengers.

God of War 3 was awesome but the opening fight was spoiled for me, I saw it on a preview so it lost a bit of lustre still amazing though.

Glad to know that you are back on your feet.

The Uncharted series was the most fun I had with anything on PS3, aside from Skyrim. U4 is basically the only thing really tempting me to finally buy a new-gen console.

4 is amazing. Worth it if you can play it. A little different to the other 3 but probably #2 behind Uncharted 2.

Played the game of Life a while back... hadn't played since the 80s.

Lots of new jobs... cool!

I was a rock star!
My niece was a cop!
She had a larger salary than me... what the fuck?!

Played the game of Life a while back... hadn't played since the 80s.

Lots of new jobs... cool!

I was a rock star!
My niece was a cop!
She had a larger salary than me... what the ****?!
Well yeah, no one listens to rock anymore. Should have been a rap star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back