Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Looks like dad Callahan has done this before

2023: 569 snaps, 6 penalties, 3 sacks
2022: 1162, 10, 6
2021: 763, 4, 5
2020: 957, 11, 4

Callahan on Latham playing left vs right tackle "Really, it's all the same traits it's just the matter of now you're switching your stance and kicking a different way. It's really just how comfortable you are about switching directions and going a different way versus what you've repped so many times"

Btw, Latham played LT in highschool (#1 LT in the country in HS) and repped LT and RT at Alabama. It's not like he's never seen a football before. Just so happens they went with someone else at LT on his college team.

The Titans have a coach who is considered one of the best OL coaches in the league and he's confident and excited about this kid at LT... So, we'll see if it works out.

People that don’t like this pick obviously didn’t watch the titans the last 2 years having our qb getting murdered in the backfield.

This was a necessary pick and getting the most athletic baddest olinemen in the draft who just happens not to be Joe Alt SHOULD be celebrated.

It doesn’t matter how many “weapons” you have on offense when your qb is getting sacked 5 times a game. And literally has less than 2 seconds before he is getting pressured.

The titans line got a huge shot in the arm this off season and so maybe we have a top ten line this year.

I'm certainly willing to eat crow. But Fashanu seemed like a much safer play with the same elite upside. And you passed over Bowers who was an elite overall prospect.

And reportedly we had offers to trade down. Considering Fashanu went in the teens I think it's safe to say we could have traded down and still have gotten an elite OT prospect.

Mostly, I'm pretty pissed that this is the 2nd straight draft we've drafted an OL that we don't plan to use at his primary position.

You are just using the position switch as a cop out about not drafting who you wanted them to draft. Peter was our best linemen last year and now we have Latham to move stacks of men.

Besides most of you wanted Nabors and he was gone and so you would “reach” on odunze.

I would have taken Pennix Jr myself, but I understand that an olineman was necessary.

It is ridiculous that because the absolute best lineman wasn’t available (according to mock drafts) that somehow the titans got hosed, but people were willing to take the 3rd wide receiver off the board.

You are just using the position switch as a cop out about not drafting who you wanted them to draft. Peter was our best linemen last year and now we have Latham to move stacks of men.

Besides most of you wanted Nabors and he was gone and so you would “reach” on odunze.

I would have taken Pennix Jr myself, but I understand that an olineman was necessary.

It is ridiculous that because the absolute best lineman wasn’t available (according to mock drafts) that somehow the titans got hosed, but people were willing to take the 3rd wide receiver off the board.

I didn't want Odunze either. Fashanu was widely considered the 2nd best LT in this class. I wanted either Fashanu or Bowers, or preferably trade down.

The position switch is not a cup out. Everything is completely flipped moving from 1 side to the other. That makes 2 straight years we've taken an OL with our first pick and didn't intend to have him play his primary position.

[
I didn't want Odunze either. Fashanu was widely considered the 2nd best LT in this class. I wanted either Fashanu or Bowers, or preferably trade down.

The position switch is not a cup out. Everything is completely flipped moving from 1 side to the other. That makes 2 straight years we've taken an OL with our first pick and didn't intend to have him play his primary position.
Switching from RT in college to LT in the NFL isn't unheard of. Also, many LTs in college are switched to RT in the NFL. Does that mean every LT turned RT is going to fail? Or is that only when you go right to left?

Latest posts

Back