Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Bill Callahan has only been an O line coach for 40 years... His Offensive Lines are consistently among the best in the NFL. I think it's fair to say he knows what traits a Left Tackle should have. If he believes Latham is the best option to fill the Left Tackle position, Carthon would be foolish to pick a different prospect. Seems to me some on this forum just look for something to complain about. Some serious "Charlie Brown Syndrome" among members.

He has 8 inch hands. Latham has 11 inch hands. We want a powerful offensive line and that's what we're getting with Latham.

We're obviously switching offensive philosophy which is great. But that doesn't mean we have to completely go away from the Titans reputation of being a tough, physical football team.
Not gonna be physical with Pollard or Spears but the OL is the key regardless.
Win in the trenches still holds true.

I just heard 104.5 talking about how Latham already lost 20 lbs since leaving Bama in an effort to get leaner for the NFL.
Sounds like a good work ethic too.

I am a little bit disappointed because it wasnt one of the big names we have been recycling over and over on the boards, but I think this guy will be a beast for a long time.

Steve Avila was at the top of my list for 2nd round OL if we went QB or WR in round 1 last year. And he was arguably the best OL among all rookie OL.
If it matters, PFF ranked Ski as the #2 G of 13 drafted last year.
I don’t have full access to see who was #1.

Coaches said they want to get bigger and more powerful on the OL.

LT Dillard 315 lbs
LG Skoronski 300 lbs
C Brewer 270 lbs
RG Brunskill 300 lbs
RT Radunz 301 lbs

LT Latham 355 lbs
LG Skoronski 330 lbs
C Cushenberry 320 lbs
RG Charles 325 lbs
RT NPF 316 lbs

+170 lbs or so

LT Dillard 315 lbs
LG Skoronski 300 lbs
C Brewer 270 lbs
RG Brunskill 300 lbs
RT Radunz 301 lbs

LT Latham 355 lbs
LG Skoronski 330 lbs
C Cushenberry 320 lbs
RG Charles 325 lbs
RT NPF 316 lbs

+170 lbs or so

Getting away from that outside zone run game

340 lbs and he runs a 4.85 40. Are you kidding me? This guy is unreal, not some fat slug. And he clearly has the LT skill set.

He's like the Albert Haynesworth of the OL, without the Haynesworth character issues.

LT Dillard 315 lbs
LG Skoronski 300 lbs
C Brewer 270 lbs
RG Brunskill 300 lbs
RT Radunz 301 lbs

LT Latham 355 lbs
LG Skoronski 330 lbs
C Cushenberry 320 lbs
RG Charles 325 lbs
RT NPF 316 lbs

+170 lbs or so
To quote Vinny Mac “look at all that meat”

I'm starting to like the Lathem pick more and more the longer I study it. I would've given it a C on draft night but I think we may have drafted the next Trent Williams.

I think Orlando Brown Jr could be a very realistic comp as well.

It'd be nice to see him trim down just a little further. If he could get into the 335/340 range then it would help him move a bit better

340 lbs and he runs a 4.85 40. Are you kidding me? This guy is unreal, not some fat slug. And he clearly has the LT skill set.

He's like the Albert Haynesworth of the OL, without the Haynesworth character issues.

He actually didn't run the 40 at either the pro day or the combine...

To take someone else comment I read and add to it...

it is like going to the car dealership and seeing all the sports cars. You can envision yourself flying down the highway, picking up hot girls, and having a great time... but the reality is, you have 4 kids, 3 still in car seats so you end up driving away with a very nice mini-van. You have to be realistic about your needs.

He has 8 inch hands. Latham has 11 inch hands. We want a powerful offensive line and that's what we're getting with Latham.

We're obviously switching offensive philosophy which is great. But that doesn't mean we have to completely go away from the Titans reputation of being a tough, physical football team.
8 inch hands... can only be a long snapper

Latest posts

Back