Brown
Jones
Reynolds
Fitzpatrick
McMath
Kinsey

Westbrook PS
Hollister PS

I really hope they grind Kinsey into returning this year, keep our top 5 receivers off that mess. His special teams upside puts him ahead of Westbrook and Hollister by default. As WR #6 is always a returner. -- Batson has shown me nothing the last year or two. It's time to let him loose.
Yea I hear you but it will likely be Batson over Kinsey. Racey is a good special teamer and isn’t Molden the good returner?

I don't see us keeping Nichols at RB with Hill and they also have us cutting Brewer.

Brewer's 81 ranking in run blocking is one of the highest for OG or C. It was Brewer who stepped in for Saffold instead of Douglas (OT win vs Ravens) and his ability to play both OG and C really helps him.

I doubt we keep Munyer and Herring over Brewer who will likely act as out first man up for any interior OL spot. I dont belive we keep 10 guys on the OL and expect Herring and Coon to make the practice squad.

I also doubt we keep 5 HBs and 4 TEs. I do not see McNichols making the cut with Hill signed and Evans healthy. Blasingane is safe obviously as the FB. TE will like be Firkers/Swain/Best blocker out of the UFAs.

I could see 7 WRs being kept depending on how things shake out. I would say 6 is definitely happen with Brown, Jones, Reynolds, and Fitzpatrick as 100% locks. I would say Batson and Westbrook/Johnson are the likely candidates to make the team on offense.

I don't see us keeping Nichols at RB with Hill and they also have us cutting Brewer.

Brewer's 81 ranking in run blocking is one of the highest for OG or C. It was Brewer who stepped in for Saffold instead of Douglas (OT win vs Ravens) and his ability to play both OG and C really helps him.
Surely Brewer isnt a cut candidate.

Hes cheap as hell, and did really well when called upon last year.

If he can't eventually be more than a WR 4 it isn't much to get excited about. Next year assuming they don't re-sign Reynold he should be able to work into the #3 spot and maybe a #2 from there if he develops (after Julio leaves). He could easily need to be in the top 3 this year if we have an injury to one of the top 3.

If he can't eventually be more than a WR 4 it isn't much to get excited about. Next year assuming they don't re-sign Reynold he should be able to work into the #3 spot and maybe a #2 from there if he develops (after Julio leaves). He could easily need to be in the top 3 this year if we have an injury to one of the top 3.

Reynolds is a 1 year auto pilot until we get 1 or more of these rookies up to speed -- if both do not pan out I could see us taking a slot WR by Rd. 3

Couple players need locked in next offseason, and even if Reynolds blows up big, we won't have the luxury.

I guess that was my point. Doubtful Reynolds is back. IMO Fitz just need to show some growth and potential and he should stick around. I don't see them signing a big contract slot guy either. If they draft a guy he is now a rookie as well.

The "slot" spot isn't going to be the same as it was before IMO. With Julio and Reynolds you might see Brown moving there in 3 WR alignments to get the better matchup (Brown played there a bunch in college). McMath and Fitz could also be best outside early on when they do play. Batson is a guy who might find a spot in the slot.

It seems obvious that JRob wanted fast, physical guys at WR over jitter bug guys we had in the past.

I guess that was my point. Doubtful Reynolds is back. IMO Fitz just need to show some growth and potential and he should stick around. I don't see them signing a big contract slot guy either. If they draft a guy he is now a rookie as well.

The "slot" spot isn't going to be the same as it was before IMO. With Julio and Reynolds you might see Brown moving there in 3 WR alignments to get the better matchup (Brown played there a bunch in college). McMath and Fitz could also be best outside early on when they do play. Batson is a guy who might find a spot in the slot.

It seems obvious that JRob wanted fast, physical guys at WR over jitter bug guys we had in the past.

I would hold on to making any projections for Batson though... per Vrabel Kinsey, Rogers, and Batson are the ones competing for PR, and that will be the only reason either of the three make the roster.

And I personally would rather see them do a complete change in the punt/kick return field -- as we have been booty in that department, and Batson has been involved in that experiment along with Khalif Raymond now no longer on the team

Looks like Rogers might have the best shot. Still a little early to call the winner yet. Marcus Johnson might end back on the PS and they can always move him up if we have an injury and they don't trust Dez or Racey.

Looks like Dez could be in danger of being cut. Another great pick by JRob.

Please stop with the anti JRob stuff. He hits on 7 of 8 but let’s talk about the one pick he MIGHT, appears to have have missed on?

It doesnt matter that the team on the field is elite and going to challenge for a SB. Let’s worry about some insignificant 4th round pick that wasn’t getting many touches anyway at the deepest position on the team.

JRob is a very good GM and any other opinion is just flat wrong with no, NONE, zero evidence to support it other than foolishness. ( ok, now I feel better )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back