Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop with the anti JRob stuff. He hits on 7 of 8 but let’s talk about the one pick he MIGHT, appears to have have missed on?

It doesnt matter that the team on the field is elite and going to challenge for a SB. Let’s worry about some insignificant 4th round pick that wasn’t getting many touches anyway at the deepest position on the team.

JRob is a very good GM and any other opinion is just flat wrong with no, NONE, zero evidence to support it other than foolishness. ( ok, now I feel better )
I have been one of the biggest defenders of Robinson. But this was a dumb pick. He moved up to draft a guy who probably would have fallen to the end of the draft. Cutting him before the season is a really bad look

Every GM misses on picks..I think the complaints with Fitzpatrick is we traded up and took him him in the 4th, when he was projected as a late rounder. Him not showing any promise is the concern..McMath has outplayed him, who some complained using a 6th on

Please stop with the anti JRob stuff. He hits on 7 of 8 but let’s talk about the one pick he MIGHT, appears to have have missed on?

It doesnt matter that the team on the field is elite and going to challenge for a SB. Let’s worry about some insignificant 4th round pick that wasn’t getting many touches anyway at the deepest position on the team.

JRob is a very good GM and any other opinion is just flat wrong with no, NONE, zero evidence to support it other than foolishness. ( ok, now I feel better )

I think JRob is a good GM too, he's made a lot of great picks. But man he's made some awful picks too. I'm not gonna overlook trading up for a 4th rounder who was projected to go in the 7th who might not even make the 53 man. Lucky we landed Julio, or this pick and the fact we waited until day 3 for a WR would be hurting us a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a 4th round pick is worse than anticipated but a 6th round pick is better. Chances of both WRs making the roster was low to begin with so just be happy we got a keeper. Another reason Fitz won't might not make the roster is the other guys like Rogers JRob brought in. I do wish JRob would stop trading up for guys because it seems like the kiss of death. Especially mid to late in the draft.

Weaver was the guy he should have been salivating over since that kid looks like he could be a stud. In a few years we won't remember Fitz if Weaver is a starting edge guy.

Remember when WR entered the off season as the weakest unit? Now it's such a strong positional group that the team could potentially move on from a 4th rounder and not even bat an eye because of all the depth at the position. I never liked the pick of Fitzpatrick to begin with.

Jrob has been terrible with 4th round picks. Our 2019 pick was some guy named Amani Hooker, and then he traded our 2020 4th round pick for some dude named Ryan Tannehill and a 6th that became David Long Jr.. Whoever those guys are.

Im making sarcastic voice btw.

Jrob has been terrible with 4th round picks. Our 2019 pick was some guy named Amani Hooker, and then he traded our 2020 4th round pick for some dude named Ryan Tannehill and a 6th that became David Long Jr.. Whoever those guys are.

Im making sarcastic voice btw.
And the 4th he traded for a 4th and Demarco Murray haha

We always have fans who look at the worst and ignore the good. A 4th round pick that might not work out is no big deal. The Wilson pick is a big deal. Overall we can say JRob isn't perfect. Damn him.

I feel like JR is upper middle in terms of hierarchy. He has a few blind spots that are frustrating, but has certainly made a tremendous impact on a woefully pitiful roster during his time as GM.

His blind spot is he looks for potential over mediocrity. He could have taken a more safer pick than Wilson but he took the kid that had the most potential and it back fired. Essentially the same thing with Farley and we shall see. But people need to understand the draft is a crap shoot anyway. Even the best GMs hit about 50% and that is in the 1st round (a 1st round pick that ends up being a JAG is a miss).

JRob's strategy in the middle rounds is pretty good overall. For example we may have 4 starting ILBs in ability and the best one isn't the guy we took in the 1st round. Our starting SS is a 4th round pick and our starting FS is a 3rd. Thus getting burned on a 4th round WR but hitting it big at DE with the other 4th round pick more than makes up for it and then getting a real good ST and high potential WR (maybe Tyrone Calico like) in the 6th erases the mistake.

His blind spot is he looks for potential over mediocrity. He could have taken a more safer pick than Wilson but he took the kid that had the most potential and it back fired. Essentially the same thing with Farley and we shall see. But people need to understand the draft is a crap shoot anyway. Even the best GMs hit about 50% and that is in the 1st round (a 1st round pick that ends up being a JAG is a miss).
Same thing with Jeffrey Simmons too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back