Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can compare Henry to Jeremy hill and Carlos Hyde, 2 big backs drafted in a similar place who are decent to good nfl backs.

Henry ran a 4.54 and 4.52 40 in his 2 combine runs.

Hyde and Hill ran 4.66.

Henry ran at 247 lbs while Hill was 233 and Hyde was 230.

So he is significantly faster and 15 lbs heavier.

Hill ands Hyde are not short backs they are 6'1. Leveon Bell and Adrian Peterson are 6'1. You don't have to be 5'10-, 5'11 to be a successful back in this league.

You can compare Henry to Jeremy hill and Carlos Hyde, 2 big backs drafted in a similar place who are decent to good nfl backs.

Henry ran a 4.54 and 4.52 40 in his 2 combine runs.

Hyde and Hill ran 4.66.

Henry ran at 247 lbs while Hill was 233 and Hyde was 230.

So he is significantly faster and 15 lbs heavier.

Hill ands Hyde are not short backs they are 6'1. Leveon Bell and Adrian Peterson are 6'1. You don't have to be 5'10-, 5'11 to be a successful back in this league.
I agree 100%. I liked the Henry pick and I don't get the hate. Dude can move fast as hell for his size, he fits the scheme, stayed healthy, and has the numbers to back it. I'm not a Bama fan, but I can't see how someone can write him off as a bust already.

Big back comparison...Henry-Hill-Hyde-Bell-Lacy

Weight

Henry-247
Hill-233
Lacy-231
Hyde-230
Bell-220

40 time

Henry-4.52
Bell-4.60
Lacy-4.64(PD)
Hill-4.66
Hyde-4.66

Vertical

Henry-37"
Hyde-34.5"
Lacy-33.5"(PD)
Bell-31.5"
Hill-29"

Hyde is definitely quicker than Henry on field.

Hyde is more of a running back. But they both were drafted by running through gaping holes and doing nothing special.

Weight

Henry-247
Hill-233
Lacy-231
Hyde-230
Bell-220

40 time

Henry-4.52
Bell-4.60
Lacy-4.64(PD)
Hill-4.66
Hyde-4.66

Vertical

Henry-37"
Hyde-34.5"
Lacy-33.5"(PD)
Bell-31.5"
Hill-29"

Jeez Henry is such a physical freak. Unreal he can be 15 pounds heavier then those guys and still run .1 seconds faster and jump higher.

I'm average height.

And I wouldn't care if I were short. That's a weird thing to be insecure about, dude.

At most you're like what- 3 inches taller?

At the end of the day- you wear spandex suits.

I'm average height.

And I wouldn't care if I were short. That's a weird thing to be insecure about, dude.

At most you're like what- 3 inches taller?

At the end of the day- you wear spandex suits.
It's called a kit....at least put in enough effort to effectively attempt an insult. LOL

Hyde is definitely quicker than Henry on field.

Hyde is more of a running back. But they both were drafted by running through gaping holes and doing nothing special.

I've double backed and watched even more Henry- and your takes are so far from the truth. This "gaping" hole theory is bs.

When he did have a good hole it was often set up by him causing the defender to creep in the wrong direction before he cut it back inside

However if we force him to run primarily "power" man to man schemes, it will slow his transition down.

Weight

Henry-247
Hill-233
Lacy-231
Hyde-230
Bell-220

40 time

Henry-4.52
Bell-4.60
Lacy-4.64(PD)
Hill-4.66
Hyde-4.66

Vertical

Henry-37"
Hyde-34.5"
Lacy-33.5"(PD)
Bell-31.5"
Hill-29"
Lacy's left butt cheek weighed 231lbs last season. He looked like the Michelin tire man running on the field.

Many of Henry's best runs were when he did not have a gaping hole to run. In the Mississippi St. game he went of tackle, bounced wide left and outran the entire defense for a long 65 yard TD.

Gary Danielson was comparing him to Eric Dickerson after that run.

What back do you know has a better stiff arm than this guy?

Then there is the catch and run TD vs Oklahoma in 2014. He runs through that defense like they are a juco team. You can't credit blocking with this play. A poster named Carp said that Henry was worthless in the passing game. Was he worthless on that play? He had a similar catch and run against Ohio State.

In 2014 he took a screen against Florida on a 3rd and 25 and got 29 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to hear Dunce Wayne's logic that Alabama can recruit these super men on the offensive line(Warmack the exception he hates Chance) but recruit crap at RB?

If it is all the o-line why can't Bama recruit good backs?

FYI Bama recruited the top RB in the country 2 straight years and have a verbal for the top back next year. But they suck and only succeed because of the line.

I hope Henry is like Eddie George, then all the haters can stfu. Hes a Titan let's support him and if he fails then comment but having him fail before he can even prove himself at this level is stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back