Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, Jeff should have run your troll ass out of here years ago. I'll take my chances.

I won't apologize for being more interesting than 97% of the people that post here. And I likely won't be punished for it, either. Probably being very generous with that percentage, also.

Apply some ointment to your wounds.

I've pretty much watched all of the Derrick Henry Vs. (insert school here) videos on YouTube that I came across.

Henry just seems to be considered a power back cause of his size. Calling him a power back is kind of the same as the people who call every white receiver a slot guy or compares them to Wes Welker.

I don't really see a power back style when he runs. When you do watch other "power backs", he doesn't run nearly as violent as they do. Because of how big he is, getting his pad level as low as them seems to be a problem, and he has very sub par balance. Marshawn Lynch had very good balance, which is why he was able to stay on his feet when he would head on truck people, bounce of tackles, and when he would get hit in his legs.

Yes, I saw a few plays where Henry stiff armed a player. But when I think of a power back style, I personally think Lynch, Bettis, Ivory, Campbell, Marion Barber, Alstott, and players like that.

Also, I'm not calling him a bust, I'm not writing the guy off. I am actually looking forward to seeing what Henry can do and hope he kills it.

You listed a handful of negative traits, therefore you clearly have not seen him play before.

/sarcasm.

I won't apologize for being more interesting than 97% of the people that post here. And I likely won't be punished for it, either. Probably being very generous with that percentage, also.

There is something we agree on...you are definitely entertaining...lol. Just for reasons much different than you would believe...

There is something we agree on...you are definitely entertaining...lol. Just for reasons much different than you would believe...

I doubt it.

The common thing I hear (not here) is that regardless of my take on things, people always want to know. Because even if it's something they don't care about, I make it interesting.

Sometimes accidentally. Sometimes on purpose.

Always be polarizing.

A. Always.
B. Be.
P. Polarizing.

ALWAYS be polarizing.

... look, some of us have been fans of this organization since the 70's... the point being suffering as a fan is nothing new to anyone who is or has been a fan for any length of time. Every so often we have a team worth watching, the rest of the time we are very much like Cubs fans. It sucks but it's true. I've been thru Jack Pardee, Jerry Glanville, Bum Phillips, Fisher, Munch, Wiz... 1. This team has not had a decent coach other than Fisher since Bum. 2. McNair and Moon are the only two decent qb's this franchise has had since Stabler bolted from the Faiders for a couple of seasons... if you are old enough to remember Dan Pastorini we can both cry in our beers lol. 3. Even thru all the bad most of those teams had decent lines (the exception being the last 5-6 years) we also normally had a respectable defense (something we haven't had for about the same time frame).... The difference between then and now (hopefully) is we have a GM who isn't afraid to make moves agree with them or not and if nothing else an extremely young team with some talent (which has yet to bloom in some cases and may never in others). Stick around for 35 or 40 years with 1 SB appearance, the Buffalo freaking Bills, the $#!t burg Steelers and the fracking Donks as Oiler fans will remember and now the Ravens owning us in the playoffs and we'll both roll around in our wheelchairs slapping nurses hind ends at the home laughing about the futility of being a Titans fan.

Nice, but paragraphs man. paragraphs.

See. Escontas like "I hate it but he got a reaction out of me"

Point made.

A reaction quantifies you huh? Sounds a lot like a troll. Good game

/DW

Screen-shot-2012-08-21-at-8.52.46-AM.png

Notice how popular/successful Skip Bayless is.

This is no accident. You're all pawns in his game.

And he spews nothing but BS.

Skip BaseLess isn't renowned for being factual, nor for having credibility.

If that's what you're after- congratulations you've already amounted to the community clown who says whatever it takes to be "famous"

Wooo wee you must really need that forum ego boost. You've made it! Hot Takes McGee.

Short man syndrome
Jacques-Louis_David_-_The_Emperor_Napoleon_in_His_Study_at_the_Tuileries_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

bet you even like the pants. LOL

FWIW Skip Bayless is a multimillionaire and is now LEAVING the mothership to start his own show on FS1. I don't think DW was idolizing him, rather than implying without him this board wouldn't be as good, much like ESPN/Skip. Which I agree. He stirs up controversy and conversational pieces that wouldn't exist otherwise - whether wrong or right.

Skip is by FAR better than that Stephen A.

FWIW Skip Bayless is a multimillionaire and is now LEAVING the mothership to start his own show on FS1. I don't think DW was idolizing him, rather than implying without him this board wouldn't be as good, much like ESPN/Skip. Which I agree. He stirs up controversy and conversational pieces that wouldn't exist otherwise - whether wrong or right.

Skip is by FAR better than that Stephen A.

Again, using monetary gain or "star power" to commercialize clown car sports news is dense.

You can't positively quantify bad reporting with "well he makes alot of money!"

I get the fact that DW spouts whatever his heart desires without proven facts. He often says whatever his opinion is -AS fact. Often times he's just driving his clown car around the forum to see what he can stir up.

polarizing is all well and fine- but don't be polarizing if you're spouting bs to be so. At least find reputable points of veiw and not just an opinion that you'll argue to the grave.

Again, using monetary gain or "star power" to commercialize clown car sports news is dense.

You can't positively quantify bad reporting with "well he makes alot of money!"

I get the fact that DW spouts whatever his heart desires without proven facts. He often says whatever his opinion is -AS fact. Often times he's just driving his clown car around the forum to see what he can stir up.

polarizing is all well and fine- but don't be polarizing if you're spouting bs to be so. At least find reputable points of veiw and not just an opinion that you'll argue to the grave.
It will be interesting on this board if Henry is a bust, though... :stirpot:

DW takes the easy/chump road...of course you will look like a "genius" picking bust over stud...especially with a franchise that has sucked ballz for the last 6+ years. Golf clap...really gutsy predictions with zero factual evidence to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back