Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schilling should have been fired. It his job to cover the news, not be the news. He repeatedly failed to recognize or accept that.
He expressed his opinion on his personal social media account. So people are not allowed to have personal opinions outside of the workplace? They let Bromani Jones wear a Washington Caucasions shirt on their media platform and nothing happened to him. You know why? Because it fit their agenda.

If it wasn't publicly told... of course not. But these social media accounts are rarely private.

Businesses read what their employees say on these and there can be ramifications. Every business I've worked at and my friends have is this way.

If you are going to say or post something the company doesn't like... they can do what they want.

Illegal? Nope. Getting fired isn't always illegal, either.

If it wasn't publicly told... of course not. But these social media accounts are rarely private.

Businesses read what their employees say on these and there can be ramifications. Every business I've worked at and my friends have is this way.

If you are going to say or post something the company doesn't like... they can do what they want.

Illegal? Nope. Getting fired isn't always illegal, either.
So it's ok for them to take your First Amendment? No it's not. That's illegal.

You First Amendment crusaders need to learn more about it.

It pertains to Government. Companies can and have fired people for less than what he did for YEARS. Know why? It's perfectly legal, most of the time.

It is freedom of speech. It isn't freedom of speech without consequence.
You're free to say what you want and not get arrested, you're not free to say what you want without any repercussions from your employer. Go walk up to your boss and cuss them out, you will be fired.

You First Amendment crusaders need to learn more about it.

It pertains to Government. Companies can and have fired people for less than what he did for YEARS. Know why? It's perfectly legal, most of the time.
Not when you're out of the workplace.
It is freedom of speech. It isn't freedom of speech without consequence.
Freedom of speech with consequence means there is no freedom of speech.

You're FREE to say whatever you want without being arrested.

That's where it ends.

Free to get punched in the lips for coming at people sideways too. Birch glass figgaz.

Wrong because people like you lay down and accept it. RIGHT.
You don't understand the First Amendment.

Go tell your boss to "go fuck himself". Then let us know if freedom of speech kept you your job.

If you're so certain I'm wrong and you're right, you have nothing to fear. FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

Go ahead.

As someone who works at a job that is in the public eye, I always have to be careful as to what I say in a public setting. People who work in such jobs live in a glass house and every statement, or opinion they make will be scrutinized. I don't have a Facebook account, or speak my political views in any public forum for that reason.

You can't face criminal charges for your statements, but a person's public statements can cost them their job. Most companies have a standard operating policy that the employee must agree to when hired. Violating that policy gets them a pink slip. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

The US military just released a message to all military members about social media posts. We can be held accountable for questionable posts and specifically during times of elections, it is not allowed for a military member to post who they would vote for or suggest who not to vote for.
It has even been very vocalized by many employers that they will look at your social media accounts prior to hiring. Immaturity is not advised.

As far as Schilling's case, I don't think he should have been fired for that post, but I also don't know if ESPN specifically told employees not to comment on it. I will say that like many others pointed out, he's not the first and won't be the last to post a stance on social media, and it does seem as if ESPN is ok with one stance on issues even if not all of their employees are.

You don't understand the First Amendment.

Go tell your boss to "go **** himself". Then let us know if freedom of speech kept you your job.

If you're so certain I'm wrong and you're right, you have nothing to fear. FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

Go ahead.
That's completely different and I'm sure is outlined in your workplace conduct guide. The subject we are discussing had nothing to do with his employers period.

Wrong because people like you lay down and accept it. RIGHT.
Freedom of speech means you cannot be arrested for what you say. there are limits to that too. If you yell fire in a crowded theater and people run over each other, you can be charged. If you threaten the President, you can be charged. That said, the 1st amendment doesn't protect your job or reputation. Watch what you say. You have the right to say what you want, and people have the right to call you an ******* for doing so. Your boss is also well within his right to fire you for being an ******* in his/her opinion. you can think the 1st amendment shuld protect you from those things, but it doesn't. Therefore, it doesn't matter what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back