Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom of speech means you cannot be arrested for what you say. there are limits to that too. If you yell fire in a crowded theater and people run over each other, you can be charged. If you threaten the President, you can be charged. That said, the 1st amendment doesn't protect your job or reputation. Watch what you say. You have the right to say what you want, and people have the right to call you an ******* for doing so. Your boss is also well within his right to fire you for being an ******* in his/her opinion. you can think the 1st amendment shuld protect you from those things, but it doesn't. Therefore, it doesn't matter what you think.
What you are talking about isn't even based on the subject at hand. Completely out of context and I feel people have lost touch with that word.

That's completely different and I'm sure is outlined in your workplace conduct guide. The subject we are discussing had nothing to do with his employers period.
Completely the same. When it comes to the business you work for or merely associated with... publicly stated opinions can affect your job.

You definitely can get fired for what you say in public. Right or wrong , it's the way it is. Most places arent going to, but the ones that do, are within the law.

You don't understand the First Amendment.

I tell that to people all time who attempt to tell me about the "separation of church and state". Then I ask them to name who the first person was who created the saying, why he wrote about it and when... once they realize it doesn't actually exist anywhere but his writings they still continue whining about what the 1st Amendment "actually means" so I send them to go read the federalist papers which actually outline and define what is commonly referred to as original intent... guess what, they still argue KNOWING they're factually wrong but hey, what do I know?

Jesus Christ -- how did this go from a discussion on Derrick Henry to a playground fight over the insides and outs of the 1st Amendment.... take that crap to the RNC or DNC... or write your congressman...

Only Titans fans would complain about taking a Heisman winning RB with a solid draft grade with their THIRD second round pick...Especially with Sankey/The tard bunch behind him....It's unreal. At least give the kid a friggin chance before bashing him. We did for Sankey, and yet people still defend his game for some stupid reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. I thought it was pretty good.

Gotta get a joke or two in before this is inevitably moved to the Derrick Henry thread.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3680-1365442519-3.gif

I like him...I like his attitude. Hope he does well, learning behind Murray while being a good 3rd down back.

Heck try him out at MLB!

Only negative is that he went to Alabama

I like him...I like his attitude. Hope he does well, learning behind Murray while being a good 3rd down back.

Heck try him out at MLB!

Only negative is that he went to Alabama
Yeah, the Bama curse hasn't been kind. That said, they didn't give up anything to get him, and they needed someone behind Murray that was capable and could fit the scheme. The kid is WORLDS better of a prospect than Sankey ever dreamed to be, so hopefully he does well. If not, then It's back to the drawing boards. It all depends on our line IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bama curse is overrated. Ingram turned into an above average back who can do it all, Lacy is a beast when he's in shape and Yeldon had good rookie season.

T-Rich is the only outright bust drafted highly. Coffee doesn't count since he want on to join the military instead of playing football. The rest are late round no names until you go back to 2K when Shaun Alexander was drafted high and he didn't turn out too bad.

Yeah, the Bama curse hasn't been kind. That said, they didn't give up anything to get him, and they needed someone behind Murray that was capable and could fit the scheme. The kid is WORLDS better of a prospect than Sankey ever dreamed to be, so hopefully he does well. If not, the. It's back to the drawing boards. It all depends on our line IMO.
Theres no curse on Bama RBs, everyone other than Trent Richardson has been good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back