Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He runs really fast in a straight line. Make him a gunner.
Didn't' we have that with another 2nd round "henry" pick who also played RB? O yea he got blown up by some Colts player on that one kick off. Well at least we have a highlight to watch later...

The NFL's best teams don't focus on running the ball. Football has largely moved on. Teams focus on the passing attack now.

Maybe one day the Titans will figure this out.
The Seahawks have lead all teams in rushing attempts over that last couple of years. They seem to be doing ok...

It's not the pick I'm bullshitting, it's your logic. Heisman trophies don't mean anything. I don't care about college awards. I care about how player traits translate to the NFL. Slow footed running backs don't translate.

We just don't know about any pick. Drafting a player that has won the Heisman Trophy means that they did something special in college football so your chances of him doing well in the NFL are a bit higher than most. Henry is a great player, hoping he's an Eddie George type great player, but ya never know. I'm thrilled at the opportunity for the Titans to find out.

I find it humorous people are losing their minds over this pick. Our run game absolutely sucked since C.J.'s last 2 seasons here... so we go out get Murray and at least the second best (I view him as best) rb in this draft... my point being instead of hammering a nail with a noodle as we've been doing for a few years now we actually have 2 guys who can move the damn ball but now we're whining somehow because our QB who got creamed 38 times last season BECAUSE of no run game... it's like wiping before ya poop people, it don't make sense. (Thank you Larry the Cable Guy)

Not mad about the other picks, but you're gonna pass on guys like Alexander and Fuller for Henry?

If we had addressed our pressing needs and Henry was around at 64, I could've lived with it.

All I can say is our run game better be damn good.

Not mad about the other picks, but you're gonna pass on guys like Alexander and Fuller for Henry?

If we had addressed our pressing needs and Henry was around at 64, I could've lived with it.

Those guys are all every day Joe's

Henry is a beast

That's the first common sense reply so far. Still love the pick lol. I wanted to get Alexander as well but it's done now.

I like Henry, but I hate our 2nd round. Robinson or Reed are way better than Johnson, and, oh by the way, OUR SECONDARY IS STILL A STEAMING PILE OF ****!

Hope nobody tries to throw the ball against us... and I hope a ton of secondary talent is available in next year's draft...

The draft is not over yet!! We aint done!!

lol, so easy to spot the Bama haters in this thread. Henry is a beast. Come Dec-Jan there wont be any more critcism of this pick.

It will be good with Henry.
I'm not a college football fan so I really look at this from an impartial view but the problem is you got the exact same kind of back that we already have in Murray….a one cut down the hill runner. Why not take a scat back in the 6th round for a back up like the kid out of Georgia and take a safety or corner with that pick?

I like this pick for 3 reasons:

1) Mr Robinson is taking out the trash. . . . no more crap backs.
2) This insurance for the regression of Murray as a back, like many have predicted would happen.
3) This guy reminds me of Eric Dickerson. .... upright, big, powerful, and a straight line threat. Runs over backers and small defenders like little children in his way. Like George Castanza at a birthday party.

It will be hard for a defense to key on our quarter back when a runner like this can make you pay on every blitz. Just think what it will be like when it is third and one and you think: "we got this" instead of here comes a punt.

I freaked at first but I am warming up to it. Have to wait and see.

lol, so easy to spot the Bama haters in this thread. Henry is a beast. Come Dec-Jan there wont be any more critcism of this pick.

I don't think it's "Henry sucks" that's the problem, and I haven't seen the trend of people feeling that way. It's the gross negligence of not filling positions of need. Our defense has been horrible for years, and we had an opportunity to pick up several good players, and we got a back up running back. No different than if they drafted a center or a TE. Could be a great player, but we have bigger fish to fry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back