Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gave a few Chargers a free ride. You get him to the LOS and it's big problems for the other team. I was thrilled with the pick and still am.

The thing is....Is we have to give him lanes and some separation...but when we do, he proved he has good vision, speed, and is just shifty enough to make things happen....I like the kid, and I think the fact that him and murray should have fresh legs will give teams nightmares if the line does their job.

The thing is....Is we have to give him lanes and some separation...but when we do, he proved he has good vision, speed, and is just shifty enough to make things happen....I like the kid, and I think the fact that him and murray should have fresh legs will give teams nightmares if the line does their job.
No team really operates with one 20-25 carry back anymore anyways....

Bucky Brooks Pre-Season Week 1 evaluation

TENNESSEE TITANS: Derrick Henry, running back. The Titans' exotic smash mouth attack lived up to the hype Saturday, with the team rushing for 288 yards against the San Diego Chargers. Henry played a key role in the impressive outing by rumbling for 74 yards on 10 carries as the designated hammer for the offense. The 6-4, 247-pounder displayed outstanding strength and power running through tackles, but it was his nimble footwork and agility that impressed me the most when I watched the game. Henry made a few jump cuts at the point of attack that silenced concerns about his lateral quickness and body control. If the second-round pick continues to display dazzling skills behind veteran backDeMarco Murray, the Titans' renewed commitment to the run could make them a force in the AFC South. GRADE: A

Last edited by a moderator:
DH4__2_.0.gif

Falling right into the endzone
Supernaw driving his guy into the endzone was a thing of beauty.

whats people thoughts on Henry as the upback on kick returns?

I thought he was horrible there, but to be fair he said its the first time hes ever done it, but if he can get better I love the idea of him in that spot.

Hes a good enough blocker to be useful and if kicks come up short he can actually make something happen..
He's too valuable to put back there IMO. I've always wanted them to use Kendall as a kick/punt returner because he's so good with the ball in his hands. I asked once on a Titans call in show about it and they said since he was one of their best WRs they didn't want to get him hurt. It's weird the logic they use to make decisions like that.

I think if Andrews makes the team, he'd be better in that spot. He's got more special teams experience and isn't as important.

He's too valuable to put back there IMO. I've always wanted them to use Kendall as a kick/punt returner because he's so good with the ball in his hands. I asked once on a Titans call in show about it and they said since he was one of their best WRs they didn't want to get him hurt. It's weird the logic they use to make decisions like that.

I think if Andrews makes the team, he'd be better in that spot. He's got more special teams experience and isn't as important.
Cardinals use Patrick Peterson as a return man, so that excuse doesn't work for me. Plus, Wright is likely gone after this year, give him a shot at being a returner and see if he has some hidden value.

Bucky Brooks Pre-Season Week 1 evaluation

TENNESSEE TITANS: Derrick Henry, running back. The Titans' exotic smash mouth attack lived up to the hype Saturday, with the team rushing for 288 yards against the San Diego Chargers. Henry played a key role in the impressive outing by rumbling for 74 yards on 10 carries as the designated hammer for the offense. The 6-4, 247-pounder displayed outstanding strength and power running through tackles, but it was his nimble footwork and agility that impressed me the most when I watched the game. Henry made a few jump cuts at the point of attack that silenced concerns about his lateral quickness and body control. If the second-round pick continues to display dazzling skills behind veteran backDeMarco Murray, the Titans' renewed commitment to the run could make them a force in the AFC South. GRADE: A

Bucky Brooks also said Andrew Luck was the best QB in the NFL a year ago.

Only a fool would believe that. Mike Greenberg (who is a munchkin who knows nothing) said it too. Lol clowns.

I get he is light on his feet for his size, but I thought the dude looks big as hell out there...Damn MLB carrying the rock, and fast too...

I agree that Kendall should do kick and punt return duties. Anyone but McBride. Even mccluster would be better. McBride just doesn't seem like an NFL player to me. He looks like an average guy off the street. I don't see any upside to him or even current value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back