Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for week 1 when we play the Vikes. Henry is going to make Whiffen seek therapy after all the Vike fans realize Mike Griffin sucks a$$ at FS.

Every other rb left on board. Reason to believe many could be better than Henry. Many clearly better than Sankey. Sorry I not a sheep but thems the facts kids

Whether you hate Alabama or not, Henry is a humble, high character guy who works really hard. Who knows if Murray is going to be any good. If Murray ends up sucking the alternatives would be as bad as it gets if we didn't have Henry now.

Every other rb left on board. Reason to believe many could be better than Henry. Many clearly better than Sankey. Sorry I not a sheep but thems the facts kids

Hey, that's your opinion, and you could very well be right.

But I think I'll wait until I see the team play a few games before I declare this draft and Henry a bust.

Okay. I never said either of those things though
Fair enough, I don't mean to put words in your mouth, and honestly no offense intended.

I suppose a more accurate response should have been worded like this:

You could be right. You might also be wrong. I'm willing to trust the pick until I have reason to believe otherwise.

As I said, he was busy running for 4 200 yard games and a whole lotta yards in others. They didn't use him in the passing game because they didn't need too. As for his pro day, pretty much every scout who commented discussed how surprised they were with his ball skills as a reciever.... BECAUSE he was just not used. Doesn't mean he can't, just that they didn't.

Kenyan Drake caught the ball plenty.

Regardless, at the very least you'd have to say his value in the passing game is a legit concern.

Kenyan Drake caught the ball plenty.

Regardless, at the very least you'd have to say his value in the passing game is a legit concern.
Not really. He's a great blocker and has much better hands than you think. Drake doesn't run the ball as well as Henry does either... just saying after hearing the scouts talking about his hands and how surprised they all were, I think you're going to be just as surprised IF they use him in the pass game as a receiver which I think he's going to be more of a blocker on pass downs but I won't be surprised to see him make a LB look the fool a few times either.

With Henry, the Titans got the Heisman Trophy winner for the second consecutive season. He’s a bruising back who can get some tough yards. But his NFL offensive line won’t blow people away like Alabama’s did. The Titans traded for DeMarco Murray and are just two years removed from spending a second-rounder on a running back in Bishop Sankey. It’s a passing league, and the Titans are insufficient at receiver and cornerback, positions that are far more important that running back. On the bright side, it spells the end of carries for the likes of Sankey and Antonio Andrews. Henry might be great, but the Titans are overspending on the position. Thumbs down. -- Paul Kuharsky

I do not understand the logic behind this pick..... aside from insurance.

Needless to say, I'm definitely bummed out... And the only thing that might provide recovery -- is us selecting Scooby Wright or Bralon Addison...

And with Karl Joseph being taken early teens, either of those slipping to us at 5th rd. is about as likely as Kayne West opening for a Luke Bryan concert....

How was RB not a priority? We had by far the worst group of RBs in the league last year. Like nobody was even close. Murray is 27? years old. Was a good value pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back