Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
*King Henry
Cant give a lot of credit to Henry for last season and you can definitely give some credit to Tannehill season before last. He was very efficient, Henry may have been part of the reason for his efficiency, but he still did his job really well during the regular season.

I was going to say something about RT17, cleared it and now I'm back. I'm just bumfuddled. . I liked him a lot when he took over and the year after. But he's sucked in the playoffs. Just destroyed ANY trust I can put in him by throwing that late INT. Hell- take a knee and hand the ball off to D'Onta Foreman- or anybody. Or if you insist on throwing, DON'T STARE DOWN THE #3 WR when you have the #1 WR more open AND the TE wide open. I mean :crazy: WTF?

I don't have a lot of faith in Malik Willis- but I like what I've heard from him in the pressers. I'll be interested to see what he does. I hope he can grow into a complete QB vis-a-vis Russell Wilson, maybe Josh what's his face. But def don't want anything like Lamar jackson.

Awe horsefeathers. The whole thing is the media. Tanny said nothing wrong. Vrable and Willis have both said Tanny said nothing wrong. The media is just making something out of nothing.

Exactly, people blowing the whole thing outa proportion.

Other QBs in the same situation have said much worse.

Favre, Rodgers, Roethlisberger all pitched a fit when their team drafted a QB. Joe Montana was a complete dink to Steve Young.

And people are bent because Tanny said he doesn't think it's his job to mentor him but if he learns that's great.

It's like people have never followed the NFL before.

Last edited by a moderator:
T17 best QB Titans have had not named McNair

giphy.webp

Exactly, people blowing the whole thing outa proportion.

Other QBs in the same situation have said much worse.

Favre, Rodgers, Roethlisberger all pitched a fit when their team drafted a QB. Joe Montana was a complete dink to Steve Young.

And people are bent because Tanny said he doesn't think it's his job to mentor him but if he learns that's great.

It's like people have never followed the NFL before.
Favre, Rodgers and Roethlisberger all won the Lombardi. RT17 chit the bed.

So that’s why your comparison sucks. Those guys have some ground to be saying they don’t need to be training their replacement.

I honestly don’t have a problem with RT17 statement. It isn’t his job. But his self preservation sentiment is understandably NOT going to be well received given his chit play cost us the Cinci playoff game. A one and done when we had home field and had already beaten the other teams they eventually faced.

So that’s why your comparison sucks. Those guys have some ground to be saying they don’t need to be training their replacement.

I honestly don’t have a problem with RT17 statement. It isn’t his job. But his self preservation sentiment is understandably NOT going to be well received given his chit play cost us the Cinci playoff game. A one and done when we had home field and had already beaten the other teams they eventually faced.

It's not self preservation, you're reading too much into it

I have zero issue with his statement. It's a nothingburger. If we are hoping that at some point Willis is behind center, then the season is a loss.

It's not Tannehill's "job" to mentor Willis but as a leader and the vet he should have said "I'll do what I can to help him out"
Any comments now are damage control

Nobody honestly thinks he's going to shun Willis or will be anything other than helpful if need be. People are just mad that he had a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back