Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see the Jake Locker comparison. I agree he doesn’t remind me at all of McNair.

He reminds me of Deshaun Watson but he’s got a LONG way to go before he’s on that level.

Ah, I don't see Watson in him other than his arm strength. Watson is at least able to allude the rush and stay on his feet. Willis goes down way too easily for someone his build.

Will be very interesting to see Willis surrounded by talent. I really do think he can be special in time.

Ah, I don't see Watson in him other than his arm strength. Watson is at least able to allude the rush and stay on his feet. Willis goes down way too easily for someone his build.

Will be very interesting to see Willis surrounded by talent. I really do think he can be special in time.

Can you post the videos you’ve seen of him going down to easy? I’ve seen the opposite of that if I’m being honest. Constantly extending plays.

Can you post the videos you’ve seen of him going down to easy? I’ve seen the opposite of that if I’m being honest. Constantly extending plays.
Tannehill did run tough several times. And I really don't have a problem with his overall body of work. He just had an unforgivable bed chitting episode that destroyed us by stupidly throwing a 3rd INT AT THE VERY WORST TIME when he just had to NOT TURN THE BALL OVER and we go to OT. That destroys trust in a QB that does that. And it was a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID INT where he stared down his receiver.

Tannehill did run tough several times. And I really don't have a problem with his overall body of work. He just had an unforgivable bed chitting episode that destroyed us by stupidly throwing a 3rd INT AT THE VERY WORST TIME when he just had to NOT TURN THE BALL OVER and we go to OT. That destroys trust in a QB that does that. And it was a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID INT where he stared down his receiver.
Plus he had Firk wide open.

I am not in favor of throwing him into the deep end but I do think he needs to show something at some point late in the season.

Your options going into ‘23:
1. Keep Tanny (assuming he plays lights out this season).
2. Bring in a cheaper vet good enough to start and keep developing Willis until he’s ready.
3. Make the move to Willis at #1 and bring in a cheaper vet as a backup.

IMO, #3 is the best scenario if Tanny continues to decline but I don’t see it happening if Willis doesn’t play at all in ‘22. I do think they can get him some work towards the end of the season, designed to his strengths, that helps his development and gives the front office insight as to whether he’s close to being able to be the man in ‘23.

I’m not a believer this can be decided based only on practice and film study.
I prefer option #1.

First mid round QB this franchise has taken since they the Oilers

They took someone named Kevin Daft from Cal Poly or Cal Davis is something like that

To me, there is no getting around that Tannehill screwed the pooch with his comments. He should have lied if he really felt that way. It has done nothing but cause problems and you can bet it is something that is going to be on teammates minds. Look at all the other NFL and ex-NFL players who are talking about it, you know the Titans players will definitely be talking about it. It was a bad move, which is a real strike against someone who is supposed to lead.

I feel like the players have had a lot of faith in Tannehill over the past few seasons. He has led come backs numerous times and that has to build some kinds of trust and faith in the other players. This "controversy" is going to damage that, I think.

To me, there is no getting around that Tannehill screwed the pooch with his comments. He should have lied if he really felt that way. It has done nothing but cause problems and you can bet it is something that is going to be on teammates minds. Look at all the other NFL and ex-NFL players who are talking about it, you know the Titans players will definitely be talking about it. It was a bad move, which is a real strike against someone who is supposed to lead.

I feel like the players have had a lot of faith in Tannehill over the past few seasons. He has led come backs numerous times and that has to build some kinds of trust and faith in the other players. This "controversy" is going to damage that, I think.
I agree , I just hope Tanny , Willis and Vrabel had a talk together to solidify the fact that it wasn’t really as bad as the media is going to hype it up . The two players hopefully can laugh and come closer together while observing the media storm. Maybe it’s wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back