Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of you are reading way too much into his comments. It isnt any players job to mentor guys under them. That certainly doesnt mean he cant or wont help him along the way, it just means it isnt what he is getting paid to do. Willis was a 3rd round pick and the 4th player the Titans selected. They dont look at him as a starting QB at this point or they wouldnt have waited so long to draft him. Why would we want the starting QB spending his time mentoring someone else and not working on himself and trying to be the best player he can be?
And I think many are missing the point....is it his 'job'? No but as a leader he needs to choose his words better....Willis no doubt will learn from Tannehill but Tannehill should have taken the professional leader approach as it came across as if he doesn't want to or won't help Willis..which I'm sure is not the case.
Unfortunately Tannehill is under scrutiny since the Bengals game so different words would have helped.

And I think many are missing the point....is it his 'job'? No but as a leader he needs to choose his words better....Willis no doubt will learn from Tannehill but Tannehill should have taken the professional leader approach as it came across as if he doesn't want to or won't help Willis..which I'm sure is not the case.
Unfortunately Tannehill is under scrutiny since the Bengals game so different words would have helped.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this. After the draft is over we are in the part of the offseason where there is very little news worthy stuff with regards to the NFL, so the talking heads have to almost create their own stories just to have something to talk about on the football related shows. I think that is all this is, people creating a story so they have something to talk about.

T17 was truthful in its not his job, but stupid for stating it openly

it is MWs job to apprentice in the QB room and the QB coachs exact job to mentor all QBs there

it would be better if T17 was open to being a mentor, and he did not say he would not do so, but not required

McMVP fled to murdermore rather than mentor The Diva & Chandler was less than receptive about mentoring McNair. This attitude is not uncommon

List of ALL Oiler/Titan postseason QBs.... just wow

1960 (AFL) George Blanda (1–0)
1961 (AFL) George Blanda (1–0)
1962 (AFL) George Blanda (0–1)
1967 (AFL) Pete Beathard (0–1)
1969 (AFL) Pete Beathard (0–1)
1978 Dan Pastorini (2–1)
1979 Gifford Nielsen (1–0)
Dan Pastorini (1–1)
1980 Ken Stabler (0–1)
1987 Warren Moon (1–1)
1988 Warren Moon (1–1)
1989 Warren Moon (0–1)
1990 Cody Carlson (0–1)
1991 Warren Moon (1–1)
1992 Warren Moon (0–1)
1993 Warren Moon (0–1)
1999 Steve McNair (3–1)
2000 Steve McNair (0–1)
2002 Steve McNair (1–1)
2003 Steve McNair (1–1)
2007 Vince Young (0–1)
2008 Kerry Collins (0–1)
2017 Marcus Mariota (1–1)
2019 Ryan Tannehill (2-1)
2020 Ryan Tannehill (0-1)
2021 Ryan Tannehill (0-1)

it is MWs job to apprentice in the QB room and the QB coachs exact job to mentor all QBs there

it would be better if T17 was open to being a mentor, and he did not say he would not do so, but not required

McMVP fled to murdermore rather than mentor The Diva & Chandler was less than receptive about mentoring McNair. This attitude is not uncommon

Favre said something similar when they drafted Rodgers, and obviously Rodgers turned out ok, so I dont get the outrage over this. As you say, this isnt something that is uncommon.

1978 Dan Pastorini (2–1)
Dan Pastorini (1–1)
1980 Ken Stabler (0–1)
1987 Warren Moon (1–1)
1988 Warren Moon (1–1)
1989 Warren Moon (0–1)
1990 Cody Carlson (0–1)
1991 Warren Moon (1–1)
1992 Warren Moon (0–1)
1993 Warren Moon (0–1)
1999 Steve McNair (3–1)
2000 Steve McNair (0–1)
2002 Steve McNair (1–1)
2003 Steve McNair (1–1)
2007 Vince Young (0–1)
2008 Kerry Collins (0–1)

5-4 is the best record

pathetic

Mac was forced out

1978 Dan Pastorini (2–1)
Dan Pastorini (1–1)
1980 Ken Stabler (0–1)
1987 Warren Moon (1–1)
1988 Warren Moon (1–1)
1989 Warren Moon (0–1)
1990 Cody Carlson (0–1)
1991 Warren Moon (1–1)
1992 Warren Moon (0–1)
1993 Warren Moon (0–1)
1999 Steve McNair (3–1)
2000 Steve McNair (0–1)
2002 Steve McNair (1–1)
2003 Steve McNair (1–1)
2007 Vince Young (0–1)
2008 Kerry Collins (0–1)
List of Oilers/Titans SB winning QBs.....

The more I watch him, the more I feel like we've found our franchise QB.

I've watched 3 Liberty games today, including the one down in Ole Miss.

One thing I've learned is that he's not as inaccurate as people claim he is. He literally has defenders in his face on every play, due to a weak OL. His WR's dropped a lot of bullets and his offense was just depleted of talent.

My only concern with Willis is that he does go down very easy for someone his size, therefore he doesn't remind me of McNair at all. Guy is built like a Stallion and has calf muscles are the size of watermelons.

There's no denying in his arm strength, he definitely can sling it.

He doesn't remind me of Vick, McNair or Mahomes like some people say. It's not a popular opinion on here, due to the fact that a lot of people didn't like him, but he reminds me a lot of Jake Locker. Locker was blessed with talent galore, but was surrounded by bums and awful coaching when we drafted him. I was a massive fan of Locker and if he could've stayed healthy, he probably would've still be our QB right now.

Willis will be our franchise QB. Book it, folks.

The Seahawks are done with Pete Carroll after this season. Shocked they didn't get rid of him already.

Full tank mode for them, therefore they will get their top QB in next years draft. Main reason they passed on Willis.

Willis going to make them pay, because we all know how Alabama and Ohio State QB's pan out in the NFL.

The more I watch him, the more I feel like we've found our franchise QB.

I've watched 3 Liberty games today, including the one down in Ole Miss.

One thing I've learned is that he's not as inaccurate as people claim he is. He literally has defenders in his face on every play, due to a weak OL. His WR's dropped a lot of bullets and his offense was just depleted of talent.

My only concern with Willis is that he does go down very easy for someone his size, therefore he doesn't remind me of McNair at all. Guy is built like a Stallion and has calf muscles are the size of watermelons.

There's no denying in his arm strength, he definitely can sling it.

He doesn't remind me of Vick, McNair or Mahomes like some people say. It's not a popular opinion on here, due to the fact that a lot of people didn't like him, but he reminds me a lot of Jake Locker. Locker was blessed with talent galore, but was surrounded by bums and awful coaching when we drafted him. I was a massive fan of Locker and if he could've stayed healthy, he probably would've still be our QB right now.

Willis will be our franchise QB. Book it, folks.

I could see the Jake Locker comparison. I agree he doesn’t remind me at all of McNair.

He reminds me of Deshaun Watson but he’s got a LONG way to go before he’s on that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back