Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I'd trade Simmons for the number 1 pick is if it meant we wouldn't have to give up our first/second in 2024.

Getting Stroud this year then trading the farm for Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 sounds tight.

So players don’t refuse to sit their 5th year options out? Teams also get a refund for players that don’t perform? What part of that isn’t true exactly?
The players always getting the benefit. NFL contracts greatly benefit the owners currently. That may change with more players pushing for fully guaranteed contracts but as of right now owners have it good

The players always getting the benefit. NFL contracts greatly benefit the owners currently. That may change with more players pushing for fully guaranteed contracts but as of right now owners have it good
You have to be kidding me. Players get payed the full amount even when they are injured and don’t play, and as time passes more and more of them are deciding not to “risk further injury” and just sit out. They are getting paid to do nothing so why not? The Air McNairs that would give the hometown discount and play through hell and high water because they actually loved the fans and the team are long gone. Now they all only care about doing as little as possible to get paid as much as possible which make me question what the hell I’m actually watching. The league is a shell of what it was 15 years ago. Back then, everything wasn’t “just a business.”

You have to be kidding me. Players get payed the full amount even when they are injured and don’t play, and as time passes more and more of them are deciding not to “risk further injury” and just sit out. They are getting paid to do nothing so why not? The Air McNairs that would give the hometown discount and play through hell and high water because they actually loved the fans and the team are long gone. Now they all only care about doing as little as possible to get paid as much as possible which make me question what the hell I’m actually watching. The league is a shell of what it was 15 years ago. Back then, everything wasn’t “just a business.”

And what did McNair get in return? Locked out of the building and CTE. Wonderful.

Also, the word your looking for is "paid"

Why should they give a hometown discount tho? Or put their wellness and future earnings on the line? They're the very best at the world at what they do. Which happens to be, very dangerous, very entertaining, and provide a ton of revenue. If the owners aren't willing to pay them to be the top 1% of one of the biggest revenue streams in the country then fuck em. Someone else will pay.

Why would Lamar Jackson play on the franchise tag this year for example? He's already played at a discounted rate for 4 years given his production. What if he gets shaziered game one?

And what did McNair get in return? Locked out of the building and CTE. Wonderful.

Also, the word your looking for is "paid"
Did McNair have CTE? I don’t think he lived long enough to know, and that was still really early in the investigations of CTE.

not that it changes your point.

Why should they give a hometown discount tho? Or put their wellness and future earnings on the line? They're the very best at the world at what they do. Which happens to be, very dangerous, very entertaining, and provide a ton of revenue. If the owners aren't willing to pay them to be the top 1% of one of the biggest revenue streams in the country then **** em. Someone else will pay.

Why would Lamar Jackson play on the franchise tag this year for example? He's already played at a discounted rate for 4 years given his production. What if he gets shaziered game one?
Do they return part of the money when they don’t play to potential? It works both ways. They get paid and lay down. It happens more often than not.

The only way I'd trade Simmons for the number 1 pick is if it meant we wouldn't have to give up our first/second in 2024.

Getting Stroud this year then trading the farm for Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 sounds tight.

Buckner was traded straight up for the 13th pick in the draft. Ran was with the 49ers when that trade went down.

Trade Simmons, 2nd this yr, 1st in 2024 and 2025.

Get QB and LT in this draft...

Buckner was traded straight up for the 13th pick in the draft. Ran was with the 49ers when that trade went down.

Trade Simmons, 2nd this yr, 1st in 2024 and 2025.

Get QB and LT in this draft...
It would be worth it if you get a true franchise QB, but I’m just not sure any of these QB’s are worth giving up all of that. I think it would be smarter to roll with Tannehill another year.

It would be worth it if you get a true franchise QB, but I’m just not sure any of these QB’s are worth giving up all of that. I think it would be smarter to roll with Tannehill another year.
I can see both sides of thought here but I have to agree with you on this. Roll with Tanne, let his contract expire and start really working with all of that cap space we have in 2024. There will be good QB's in next years draft.

Every time I refresh Roto there is somebody from the Rams that is either being cut or floated out as a trade. Allen Robinson got permission to seek a trade. I don't want him but just saying.

You can still roll with Tanny and Henry this yr....let QB sit a yr while the OL gels and improves and then use the cap space next yr to get a starter to take the place of the 1st that you have given up

Rarely do you have a team picking #1 who does not need a QB and is in need of a defensive line stud.

Also would prevent the Texans or Colts from moving up to get their guy....at the least the Titans showing interest could drive up the price that either of those team would have to pay to move up

You can still roll with Tanny and Henry this yr....let QB sit a yr while the OL gels and improves and then use the cap space next yr to get a starter to take the place of the 1st that you have given up
I doubt very seriously that Henry or Tannehill will be a Titan this season. Tannehill more likely than Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back