Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point...he was a career backup until this past season...now he's a 35 mil a year QB? That's what is wrong with pro sports
I mean he led a team that was supposed to be the worst in the league to the playoffs, while leading the NFL in completion %. I don't really understand how players getting paid is what's wrong with sports.

That's my point...he was a career backup until this past season...now he's a 35 mil a year QB? That's what is wrong with pro sports
To be fair, 35m a year is like mid tier QB money now.

It's a gamble to pay that based off of one good season...but he is a veteran QB that's done enough to stick around this long...maybe he just needed another chance and last season wasn't a fluke. Time will tell.

I mean he led a team that was supposed to be the worst in the league to the playoffs, while leading the NFL in completion %. I don't really understand how players getting paid is what's wrong with sports.
Players getting paid after one good year is what's wrong with sports...and fans that don't see that...if he sucks next year does he give money back?

To be fair, 35m a year is like mid tier QB money now.

It's a gamble to pay that based off of one good season...but he is a veteran QB that's done enough to stick around this long...maybe he just needed another chance and last season wasn't a fluke. Time will tell.
And apparently Daniel Jones is worth 40 mil a year...it's crazy

That's how it goes. Next man up for a contract always has to get close or more than the last guy. QB contracts are out of control because of a few stupid contracts lately.
I wonder if a day will come when the rest of the players at other positions will start complaining because the QB’s are taking up such a large percentage of the cap, that teams can’t afford to pay them as much? There is less cap space this year than I’ve ever seen. Teams are shooting themselves in the foot offering these giant contracts. I think it’s finally catching up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back