Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a day will come when the rest of the players at other positions will start complaining because the QB’s are taking up such a large percentage of the cap, that teams can’t afford to pay them as much? There is less cap space this year than I’ve ever seen. Teams are shooting themselves in the foot offering these giant contracts. I think it’s finally catching up.
It has to come to a head at some point. The cap goes up but so does every premium position. WRs are getting what QBs were paid a couple of years ago. Edge rushers and LTs aren't far behind.

Some teams I think are just stupid..NYG should have tagged Jones and signed Barkley....would have been cheaper
Barkley probably wanted something like 5 x $15mil or more, similar to Zeke, McCaffrey, Kamara. Combine that with a supposed running back heavy draft and that NYG will likely not be in a position to draft another QB in the next couple years, I can easily understand why the Giants re-signed D Jones. Jones isn't what you'd call dynamic but his rushing + passing accounted for ~4000yds, 22 TDs and the lowest int% in the league, with a pretty mediocre receving corp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the negative impact overpaying has on your team. If you overpay for a fluke year, you could suffer some long term heartburn cap wise if the ensuing years have low production from said overpaid player.
The GM/owners are at fault then. Good for Geno and jones.

Looking like a Rodgers trade to NYJ is very likely....it will be weird to see him in a uni other than a Packers....won't be wearing #12 in NY I assume

He's following in Favre's footsteps, Packers, Jets....

Last edited by a moderator:
What we should do next

Try to trade Tanny
Try to trade Henry
Sign Simmons

If you have any money left over sign whatever OL you can afford.

Draft the best player avaliable at 11th OL,QB,WR are our biggest needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back