Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 20650

Just fixed the offense. Now sign a couple receivers and linemen. Extend Simmons. Best player available in the draft and hopefully pickup a pick or two for Tanny. We’d win 10+ games easy next year
Weren’t people just complaining about THill not being able to get it done in the playoffs and getting upset about being “stuck in mediocrity”?

seems like an LJ signing assures both problems.

Weren’t people just complaining about THill not being able to get it done in the playoffs and getting upset about being “stuck in mediocrity”?

Lamar is 26. Let’s quit acting like he’s had a long career and always came up short. He’ll get playoff wins in his career and only takes one really good run

Lamar is 26. Let’s quit acting like he’s had a long career and always came up short. He’ll get playoff wins in his career and only takes one really good run
Lamar is so overrated...there's a reason Baltimore isn't signing him long-term...other than Jackson being a dumbazz and wanting Deshaun money

I mean if it matters
THill 2-3
LJ 1-4

and on that logic, which is the Joe Flacco logic, tons of QBs only need “one good run”. And lots are way more affordable than Mr postseason himself.

I mean if it matters
THill 2-3
LJ 1-4

and on that logic, which is the Joe Flacco logic, tons of QBs only need “one good run”. And lots are way more affordable than Mr postseason himself.
Lamar gets way too much hate for what he’s done so far in the league. The guy wins and makes the playoffs ever year. He’s lost to some pretty damn good teams in the playoffs too. Lamar is sooooo much better than your average “affordable” quarterback.

View attachment 20651

Lamar gets way too much hate for what he’s done so far in the league. The guy wins and makes the playoffs ever year. He’s lost to some pretty damn good teams in the playoffs too. Lamar is sooooo much better than your average “affordable” quarterback.
View attachment 20651
Ok.
And I guess the bolded statement doesn’t apply to anyone else.
For example, a guy that has 3 playoff losses, 2 of which came against the eventual conference champ and SB champ.

edit: plus I’ll take 36-19 as a pretty good record.

View attachment 20651
Guess we haven’t lost to some pretty good teams in the playoffs, and actually beating him at home as #1 seed? Don’t understand, but I Really get what your saying…

View attachment 20651

No one hates his production.... We hate what he is, and that is an average arm talent, with generational talents as a QB scrambler........... and he's hit the injury wall the last 2 years..... i'm sorry, that's not worth top 5 QB money....

Looking like a Rodgers trade to NYJ is very likely....it will be weird to see him in a uni other than a Packers....won't be wearing #12 in NY I assume

He's following in Favre's footsteps, Packers, Jets....
based on the Titans game Rogers should have went to a warm weather city if he could arrange it

Lamar is so overrated...there's a reason Baltimore isn't signing him long-term...other than Jackson being a dumbazz and wanting Deshaun money
they built the entire O around jacksons limited skill set
he should take less $s to stay there. What I would advise him anyways

same with DH22... zero other teams gonna run their O thru DH22 ( not that I think Titans should but I acknowledge reality) so DH22 would be smart to stay in Tennessee

they built the entire O around jacksons limited skill set
he should take less $s to stay there. What I would advise him anyways

same with DH22... zero other teams gonna run their O thru DH22 ( not that I think Titans should but I acknowledge reality) so DH22 would be smart to stay in Tennessee
Need something else truly before we move on. Think a serviceable OL can bring back the style of play that can beat these other high octane teams. I’ve said many times that our style is the way to skull fuck em!

The Titans have to fix the o-line before they do anything else. That’s a must. This team isn’t getting fixed in one off season. As bad as JRob was, it’s not a given that Ran won’t be worse. Could easily happen. A lot of uncertainty surrounds this team.

No one hates his production.... We hate what he is, and that is an average arm talent, with generational talents as a QB scrambler........... and he's hit the injury wall the last 2 years..... i'm sorry, that's not worth top 5 QB money....
The injury thing is what should turn teams away. Lamar has missed 10+ games over the past two years. That’s a lot.

I'm not proposing we sign LJ (not necessarily against it either). But you're talking about a 26 year old vs a soon to be 35 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not proposing we sign LJ (not necessarily against it either). But you're talking about a 26 year old vs a soon to be 35 year old.
2nd response mentioning age.

so is that all we need, just some younger guy to lose in the playoffs?
titans can get a younger guy for much cheaper.

You can still want Lamar and appreciate what Tannehill did for us. Tannehill was a great QB here in his tenure, but the guy is getting old and his contract is running up.

I want Lamar for 3 simple reasons:
1) Proven winner in this league (albeit not yet in the playoffs)
2) Special talent at a key position
- we may hit on a rookie QB but are more likely to go back to QB purgatory
3) Exciting Player

We need fans, tickets sold, sponsorships etc. The Titans franchise has struggled in these areas for a long time. This is a business and entertainment. This franchise needs to make money and capitalize on the growth of Nashville. Lamar will cost a lot of money but he would also make us a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back