Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT will be not be full time starter in this league within 3 years. So yeah, I'd say age is pretty important.
Ok. So that means replacement is needed within 3 years. I think most including myself are saying to go ahead and get a future replacement this year or next.

this is what it really boils down to even if I did like what LJ has to offer as a QB, which I don’t.
The issues with Lamar boil down to cost and availability.

Cost - 2 first round picks and ~$45M/yr fully guaranteed.
Well said.

Ok. So that means replacement is needed within 3 years. I think most including myself are saying to go ahead and get a future replacement this year or next.

this is what it really boils down to even if I did like what LJ has to offer as a QB, which I don’t.

Well said.
I am of the mind to go for line this season then next season look for a THill replacement.

Makes the most sense to me. I wouldn't want to see us bring a young kid in here, and already have him set up for failure. Shoring the line up is stupendously important.
I'm sure the new stadium will play a factor as well...they won't want to be fielding a crap team and trying to fill the new stadium.

I will agree to disagree with most of you on adding Lamar to the roster. I don't think he is a flawless player or a guy without any risk. I do think he is a high ceiling QB that can win a lot of ball games with the offense tailored to his strengths. Good luck beating Mahomes & Burrow playing the game their style.

I do think he is the best option available for us to get a franchise quarterback for the next 5+ years. I became a fan of the Titans at a young age when Vince Young got drafted. Ever since then I have talked myself into every QB we drafted and Mariota was the only one who showed any kind of promise and it was short lived. Again, I love what Tannehill accomplished here and he was the best I've seen first hand as a fan. But he is aging and QB purgatory is starting again for us.

However, no one arguing with me has given a viable option for how we land our next franchise QB. We can certainly run it back with Tannehill next year and fill some of the rest of the holes out on the roster. If we go that direction, then we are going to need to trade up big in the draft for a Rookie quarterback. That rookie could end up being a player like Josh Allen, Mahomes, Deshaun, Trubisky, Fields, Josh Rosen, Zach Wilson, Kenny Picket, Baker, Darnold, Wentz, Goff, Bortles, etc.

There are a lot of good names in that list and a lot of terrible ones. The terrible ones will set us back 3-4 years every time.
I think a team can win a lot of games with a great elusive qb But there will be teams that have players too fast for him. Our running back is the best. Some teams he can do it without a lot of help. But very good teams will stop him
So you need a guy that can throw first and elude second and sometimes run a little
Too much of anything creates a pattern that is used by other teams to pattern and sooner or later to defeat them
I thought Steve McNair was the best qb the Titans had. Even though Coach Jeff Fisher hated passes like pulling teeth, Steve could air that ball out and rarely had anyone to throw the ball. He could also run when needed and didn’t care what he hit. He was very good at what he did
Tanny is good also, taller and leaner and won 78 games in 10 seasons so far and lost 65 ( I think)
to Steve’s 89-64 record. I could be off a few games either way
Anyway, if the powers that be like a guy in the draft they will go for him. If not there’s next year
I think they take one only if they don’t have to pay dearly for it , unless it’s next season

FN cheaters
f51dc91356966e6bc8735b136f0ed1d5.jpg

Just read this on Twitter so take with grain of salt. I dont buy it and dont believe Young would be who they want.

All these Twitter trade rumors have zero accountability to throw out whatever crap they want.

for example, AAron Rodgers has been “a done deal” linked to like 5 different teams within the last week however still remains a packer which is the most realistic place he plays this year. It’s just “boring” to say he remains a packer “rumor”.

Just read this on Twitter so take with grain of salt. I dont buy it and dont believe Young would be who they want.

Ran would get run out of town if he did that.

After this draft, it seems like most teams will have their QB of the future in place. So next year we'll have our choice at many who will be coming out (hopefully Caleb Williams).

Just stay put and don't savage giving up so much to move up for Young or Stroud.

Just have the State of Tennessee make up a fake arrest warrant on Stroud, draft him at 11 and drop the fake charges as it was an error :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back