Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kieth Carter as the OL coach is an interesting name. Doing what he did with all the injuries was phenomenal. And grooming Nate Davis (who got several All Pro votes) into a legit starter in one year was also impressive. Could maybe see him moving up somehow.

I'd definitely like to see Schottenheimer get a shot but the sacks is a concern. I'd have to look more into the Seattle games on how much is weak OL, Russ Wilson running around, or his offensive scheme.
Seattle’s OL issues pre-date Shottenheimer. Been an issue since they drafted Wilson.

Seattle’s OL issues pre-date Shottenheimer. Been an issue since they drafted Wilson.
Seattle's manager of security just got popped for 25000 images of kid pron idk if we wanna bring in any Seattle person at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
One year's experience as a position coach? I don't know if even Vols fans who like the Titans would want someone with so little experience. I'd love to have him as a position coach though.
Admittedly I am a UT grad. And I dont think I wouldve brought him up as a DC consideration until I saw the Eagles are interviewing him for HC... I guess it could be a Rooney rule check off though

Seattle’s OL is pretty weak and has been for years. Although they beat our guys by 1 slot by ranking 14th to our 15th, they gave up 47 sacks.

I'd definitely like to see Schottenheimer get a shot but the sacks is a concern. I'd have to look more into the Seattle games on how much is weak OL, Russ Wilson running around, or his offensive scheme.

While that OL wasn't great, a lot of those sacks can be blamed on Russ or scheme. The OL had no problem opening up running lanes for 3 different guys. Maybe they are "coverage sacks" because I'm watching the live game and not the whole field, but it seemed like Russ hesitated sometimes, got happy feet, and took his eyes down. Again, very Maritoa-esque (but obviously with more talent and was able to make something out of nothing sometimes). Watching them was very frustrating. I don't understand why they didn't throw more quick passes, screens, or sometimes run the ball when they were having so much success. Especially when you have someone like DK, you can throw him the ball even when he isn't open. Schottenheimer had frustrating calls and would almost go away from the flow of the offense to force the pass.

That said, I would be excited and optimistic if we brought him in.

OC
1. Doug Pederson
2. Schottenheimer

DC
1. Vic Fangio if fired
2. Kerry Coombs
3. Matt Patricia

Last edited by a moderator:
Some interesting names Ive looked into for DC

Bucs LB coaches Larry Foote and Mike Caldwell. Both have been involved in some good defenses the last few yrs.

Bucs DL coach Kacy Rodgers may also be a name to keep tabs on. Hes been a part of some good DL units and has ties to the state of TN.

OC
1. Doug Pederson
2. Schottenheimer

DC
1. Vic Fangio if fired
2. Matt Patricia
I wouldn't hate it, but I don't know if Vrabel would bring in a potential HC candidate with successful HC experience, especially one who won a SB. Might be too proud. Plus I doubt Pederson is ready to take a step down.

Fangio and Patricia would be different since we wouldn't classify those stints as successful.

DeMeco Ryans, 49ers Inside Linebackers Coach

Ryans is another former NFL linebacker that is now considered a rising star in the coaching ranks. His work with young Niners linebackers Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw have been a huge part of San Francisco’s defensive success this season.

Ryans, like several others in this category, lacks the playcalling experience right now, but everyone has to start somewhere.

This is who I think the Titans should target for DC. Remember, Vrabel tried to get Ryans on the Titans staff when he was originally hired.

We approached Tony Elliot the Clemson OC about being our OC. He said no, but that means we are thinking proactively and nt retreading or reaching on our own staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back