Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't hate it, but I don't know if Vrabel would bring in a potential HC candidate with successful HC experience, especially one who won a SB. Might be too proud. Plus I doubt Pederson is ready to take a step down.

Fangio and Patricia would be different since we wouldn't classify those stints as successful.
It's a good point. And Pederson may very well get another HC job. But if he doesnt, I think he should be our first choice at OC

No saying there's other pedos up at Seahawk HQ. It's optics, would you hang out with a guy who just had his close friend get popped for kiddie pron?
Tough call. I imagine creepers keep this stuff close to the chest. I can't hold someone that even may have been good friends accountable for that. Believe me when I say that typically when it comes out, it is very surprising. Won't say "good friend" but definitely a friend that got arrested for soliciting an underage girl/cop in disguise. Very surprised when it happened and he made the local paper.

Kieth Carter as the OL coach is an interesting name. Doing what he did with all the injuries was phenomenal. And grooming Nate Davis (who got several All Pro votes) into a legit starter in one year was also impressive. Could maybe see him moving up somehow.
The guy clearly did a great job this year.

But, OL coach strikes me as a fairly technical, specific type role, not one that translates that well into OC/running a scheme? I might be wrong, but just seems its more 'block dudes so that other dudes can do their thing' than the creative side of opening up holes, mismatches etc.

I might be doing OL coaches a complete disservice with the above take.

But, OL coach strikes me as a fairly technical, specific type role, not one that translates that well into OC/running a scheme? I might be wrong, but just seems its more 'block dudes so that other dudes can do their thing' than the creative side of opening up holes, mismatches etc.

It translates a lot better than you think, a lot of them work with offensive coordinator's so they can learn the nuisances of an offense from who the block in the run game, who to block in the pass game, whose the back going to pick up on a blitz, play action protection etc.

Carter would be dead last on my list. We are too close for OJT at OC. We need an experienced play caller who can match wits with experienced DCs in the playoffs.

Wasn't Any Reid an OL coach? I'm sure there were others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. DL coaches can make good DCs too.

I've disliked Carter because I felt as if our OL underperformed for his entire tenure. I guess we have to give him credit for stepping up this year but how much of that is Carter vs Art? Maybe Art helped hide a weakness. Or Maybe Carter does deserve the credit. Either way, if Vrabel feels Carter earned it and is an asset to the offense, I think the next step is to semi-promote him to OL/ Running Game Coordinator.

Lol you are. Andy Reid was an OL coach.

You can say that with any fan base, people have called for vrabel to be fired on this site

We must know different Steelers fans because the majority of the ones I know don’t have a issue with Tomlin
I'm from western PA (don't live there anymore) and happen to know a lot of Steeler fans. I'd say maybe 3-4/5 are not fans of Tomlin. Many of them are older too, so they are very much fans of Cowher and Noll.

My real beef with Tomlin is that I think he's dirty (so are 31 other teams) but he himself will get dirty (not the KO TD he came on to the field for).

I think the calls for Vrabel's head are also pretty limited and certainly based on the specific game results.

I'm from western PA (don't live there anymore) and happen to know a lot of Steeler fans. I'd say maybe 3-4/5 are not fans of Tomlin. Many of them are older too, so they are very much fans of Cowher and Noll.

My real beef with Tomlin is that I think he's dirty (so are 31 other teams) but he himself will get dirty (not the KO TD he came on to the field for).

I think the calls for Vrabel's head are also pretty limited and certainly based on the specific game results.

I grew up in north east Ohio, like a little over an hour outside of Pittsburgh, and my family on both sides are from Pittsburgh.

I’d say the majority love Tomlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back