Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked fine to me. Only thing was his stamina. He really started to get in a groove but then we would have to spell him for Foreman
I noticed him wincing a few times after he went down when they would show him on the big screens. Just didn’t seem to hit the hole quick enough to make the tough yards he normally does. I hope that plate in his foot does not hamper him permanently. He was still good and had good runs, but did not look like the normal Derrick Henry.

As long as Tannehill is QB. We are going to be same situation every year. D played there heart out and his dumb decision ass makes pick after pick.

9 ****ing sacks and we lose the game. Typical Titans ****
I continue to be sicker and sicker over it. Vrabel should be ashamed losing back to back playoff games at home that he was expected to win. Especially with how the fans show up. Then they wonder why fans sell their tickets. Would rather have an extra $1000 in my pocket right now than have to watch that disaster tonight.

After being pissed all evening, I've come to the conclusion that there is a lot of blame to go around. Tannehill made some bad throws, but he isn't responsible for the catches that were missed that became tips, or the line that let our running back continue to get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage.

Downing needs to answer for this, and so does Vrabel. The missed two point conversion should have been the extra point tie breaker. From there, the Titans could have taken a knee twice and we would be having a different conversation.

In general, the Titans need more consistency from the tight end position. They have been hot and cold all year. They also need better protection if they want to be a passing team.

The right side of the line was a mess, again, and so far I am convinced that Lewan is more hype than substance- consider how well the line performed last year vs this year. For an elite team Tannehill took WAY too many sacks.

They need to do everything they can to keep that defense together, including getting Tannehill to restructure again, since making a move on his contract is impossible. Our best weapon when healthy is actually AJ Brown, and he loves his connection with Tannehill. If I were J Rob I would put it on the table privately to all that survive the changes to come that this outcome was unacceptable, and that this franchise expects much more now than winning divisions and getting to the playoffs.

While this hurts, this was the best regular season record the Titans have had since 2008- four quarterbacks ago. Tannehill is a big part of how they got here, and none of the early round supposed superstars we drafted have even come close. Time to build on what they do well and cut the bullshit.

Too bad Arthur has a better gig-they could have used some of his play calling today. We now have the offseason to further analyze this lousy ending.

“It’s never gonna be about one person, not as long as I’m the head coach. Which will be a while.” - Mike Vrabel

Guy is so arrogant he makes PK seem humble and kind.

“It’s never gonna be about one person, not as long as I’m the head coach. Which will be a while.” - Mike Vrabel

Guy is so arrogant he makes PK seem humble and kind.

How was that arrogant? He is 100 % dead on with that quote. Doesn’t mean Downing isn’t going to be fired. I think he will be and Tim Kelly will be our new OC.

I noticed him wincing a few times after he went down when they would show him on the big screens. Just didn’t seem to hit the hole quick enough to make the tough yards he normally does. I hope that plate in his foot does not hamper him permanently. He was still good and had good runs, but did not look like the normal Derrick Henry.
I have a plate in my wrist and believe me, it takes a while to fully heal. I would think he is back no problem next season with no ill effects, but the tissue trauma is real when the insert the metal. We should ask some of the posters with plates in their heads if they concur.

How was that arrogant? He is 100 % dead on with that quote. Doesn’t mean Downing isn’t going to be fired. I think he will be and Tim Kelly will be our new OC.
Going 0-3 in your last 3 trips to postseason and then cockily proclaim you will remain the HC for “a while” (as in long time) is damn arrogant to me. Frankly another one and done or missed playoff and I would look for a replacement.

Especially if the notion of Schwartz being brought in to babysit Bowen was against Vrabels wishes as some posters have postulated.

I continue to be sicker and sicker over it. Vrabel should be ashamed losing back to back playoff games at home that he was expected to win. Especially with how the fans show up. Then they wonder why fans sell their tickets. Would rather have an extra $1000 in my pocket right now than have to watch that disaster tonight.

For real. On a positive note, the Bengals fans around me were actually very nice, solid fans that can relate to misery. They were not obnoxious during the game like Bills, Chiefs, fans in particular.

I doubt he fires Downing. The question is if bringing in Schwartz was his idea and he would do the same to get experienced help for Downing.
Bowens defense last year was way worse than our offense this year and he got to keep his job.

After watching the Titans play against the Texans twice this year, it was pretty obvious they weren't the juggernaut their record suggested. Those games should have been one sided blowouts in favor of Tennessee. Tennessee needs an upgrade at the QB position because if you go into playoffs and you consistently have the worst starting QB on the field you're not going to consistently win games. Tannehill will get you by when you're playing Wentz, Tyrod, Mills, Trevor, but eventually you're going to get burned by his play when you go up against elite QB's and you ask him to keep pace.

Sorry Dman, but Henry was ineffective, tentative, and lacked burst. Exactly what one would expect from a RB coming back from a serious foot injury and the amount of time he missed.

I give Henry credit, he again gutted it out, but the coaching staff should have put the game on Foreman's shoulders when it became clear that Henry just wasn't truly ready to go.

For Foreman to only have 4 carries and be in for only 11/53 plays is mind boggling short sited of Vrabel and Co. They got a shiny toy back and got tunnel vision.

They will take the plate out eventually.

He never got a chance to build up his speed. Bengals game planned to stop the run and force our QB to beat them.

Same sh*t different day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back