Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play calling was bad last night. But the 3rd and 1 play call. I don’t know why people are upset about that. Didn’t someone just post a video talking about how effective that zone read is for the Titans? Like 90% effective. That play has been money for us.

Calling and shotgun pass after running for 70 yards on 4 plays is inexcusable though. Make them stop the run before abandoning it.

no need to start in shotgun when you need that short of distance. Should have snuck it. He never goes quick on Short to gains. Always a delay that gives the d line time to penetrate. The way Downing calls games makes no sense

One thing I noticed last night was Fulton’s demeanor on the field. Guy always looks like a cross between defeated and doesn’t care if he’s there in between plays. Was really concerning to see.

What are the chances JRobs seat gets warmer before Vrable? His evaluation and picking personnel on the offensive side is questionable.
Robinson is Executive Vice President as well as GM…..though not the “god” some make him out to be…..he is not going anywhere. (Remember, he is the one who gave Tannehill his big contract that has screwed us.)
Robinson and Vrable have the same personality….smart and super arrogant. That is not completely working out right now but next year will be Robinson, Vrable, Tannehill, and Downing. Everyone should just go ahead and prepare yourself for that.

Insanity= Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

One thing I noticed last night was Fulton’s demeanor on the field. Guy always looks like a cross between defeated and doesn’t care if he’s there in between plays. Was really concerning to see.
On that missed tackle he had on Chase where he over pursued, Midget had him on full blast right after.

Robinson is Executive Vice President as well as GM…..though not the “god” some make him out to be…..he is not going anywhere. (Remember, he is the one who gave Tannehill his big contract that has screwed us.)
Robinson and Vrable have the same personality….smart and super arrogant. That is not completely working out right now but next year will be Robinson, Vrable, Tannehill, and Downing. Everyone should just go ahead and prepare yourself for that.

Insanity= Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.
I’m not part of the JRob is god crowd, but he’s never struck me as arrogant.

This loss stings more than the Baltimore one in 09 because we lost CJ2K and I knew generating offense without him was going to be difficult. And to add to that, right before Tannehill threw the game losing INT, in a matter of seconds, it went from our kicker warming up to their kicker warming up.

I doubt he fires Downing. The question is if bringing in Schwartz was his idea and he would do the same to get experienced help for Downing.
Bowens defense last year was way worse than our offense this year and he got to keep his job.

Downing is fired. You can bank on that, Tum Kelly is our new OC.

There was no doubt on Simmons- that guy was a beast that just got injured prior to the draft. That was a good pick. But the Wilson pick was as equally bad as the Simmons pick was good. Which balances his picks as average IMO. That's the only point I ever make about JRob. He isn't elite like so many want to make him out to be.
Yeah, obviously the Wilson pick was a huge bust. And he wasn’t originally thought to be a high risk pick. He just melted down.

But when people start talking about replacing Jrob, to me that’s crazy talk. Is there room for improvement, of course. But no way we ditch Jrob.

First of all, who would we get that could be better? And the fact of the matter is as a whole he has been phenomenal at building this roster to the point that we are constantly a top team in the NFL. He was also able to build enough depth that we were #1 seed after fielding a record 91 players with the most injuries in history. No other team has been able to find success under those type of challenges.

Going 0-3 in your last 3 trips to postseason and then cockily proclaim you will remain the HC for “a while” (as in long time) is damn arrogant to me. Frankly another one and done or missed playoff and I would look for a replacement.

Especially if the notion of Schwartz being brought in to babysit Bowen was against Vrabels wishes as some posters have postulated.

Yea.. that’s you and you don’t own an NFL franchise. Vrabel is a very good HC ( might even be coach of the year) and he IS going to be the Titans HC “ for a while “.
Posters on a message board making shit up about Schwartz being hired against Vrabels wishes which is not even remotely true. That’s just doesn’t happen in the NFL . Vrabel actually spoke on this when Schwartz was hired. Vrabel hired him, period. I don’t know where some of y’all come up with this crap.

Yeah, obviously the Wilson pick was a huge bust. And he wasn’t originally thought to be a high risk pick. He just melted down.

But when people start talking about replacing Jrob, to me that’s crazy talk. Is there room for improvement, of course. But no way we ditch Jrob.

First of all, who would we get that could be better? And the fact of the matter is as a whole he has been phenomenal at building this roster to the point that we are constantly a top team in the NFL. He was also able to build enough depth that we were #1 seed after fielding a record 91 players with the most injuries in history. No other team has been able to find success under those type of challenges.

Ok. We don't disagree at all. I've never advocated replacing JRob. My big schtick is always about accountability. That's how an organization, a coach, a player etc get better. People who categorically want to overlook JRob's mistakes while only praising his successes are a hindrance to accountability. And those folks are the ones that keep on pressing that JRob is elite.

I would keep Vrabel over Robinson in a heartbeat. Vrabel is one of the best head coaches in the league. This team plays hard every single game, all 4 quarters. Robinson has made some terrible choices at the start of drafts and those choices are haunting us whether you realize it or not.
That’s tough because I like Vrabel, but I’d keep JRob over Vrabel. We saw the GMs the previous 10 years, it’s not easy to find and JRob has built a winning franchise by personnel.
Vrabel has had a ton of questionable coaching decisions and that includes the coaching assistance he has around him.

That’s tough because I like Vrabel, but I’d keep JRob over Vrabel. We saw the GMs the previous 10 years, it’s not easy to find and JRob has built a winning franchise by personnel.
Vrabel has had a ton of questionable coaching decisions and that includes the coaching assistance he has around him.
JRob is better than his predecessors, but there are guys in the NFL right now who are better talent evaluators than he is. Coaches like Vrabel are hard to find. He might be one of a kind. I’ve never seen a team play so hard so consistently. Unfortunately we always seem to have one issue that keeps us from being a complete team. This year it was Downing.

JRob is better than his predecessors, but there are guys in the NFL right now who are better talent evaluators than he is. Coaches like Vrabel are hard to find. He might be one of a kind. I’ve never seen a team play so hard so consistently. Unfortunately we always seem to have one issue that keeps us from being a complete team. This year it was Downing.
You’re adding multiple people into the conversation now. Do we need a better scouting team? I think that absolutely can be argued because “talent evaluator” is not 100% on JRob. For college prospects, I’d argue it’s largely not him.

The idea that some “better” guys are out there doesn’t mean you don’t have someone that can reach the pinnacle, one of those selections is available, and you’re willing to risk a likely downgrade possibility.
With what I’ve seen JRob do with this franchise, I think he’s in the conversation of best among the league but that’s difficult to compare all the way around.
One of the absolute undefinable pieces for any GM is what players are available. You cannot always get THE top players available while also fighting those that aren’t available. So getting the best of what is available is what a GM is trying to do while still managing a salary cap.

There are zero perfect Gm’s. The term “elite” should be gone entirely when referring to GM since it’s impossible to quantify anyway. Product on the field is the best judgement. Titans are winning against most.

All that said, I agree a Vrabel is tough to find. I want to keep both but whoever is deciding the coordinator positions, as of right now, I’d say they are my choice to go first if forced to pick. I think that’s Vrabel.

If the Titans were serious about winning a superbowl instead of just being the top dog in the AFC South they'd send Tannehill and some picks to Seattle for Russell Wilson. If you have a QB like Tannehill you will inevitably be stuck second guessing and knit picking plays that cost you the game instead of discussing how he was able to overcome great plays by the opposition to win.

If the Titans were serious about winning a superbowl instead of just being the top dog in the AFC South they'd send Tannehill and some picks to Seattle for Russell Wilson. If you have a QB like Tannehill you will inevitably be stuck second guessing and knit picking plays that cost you the game instead of discussing how he was able to overcome great plays by the opposition to win.
Why would Seattle want Tannehill and to be stuck with him the way we are now? No team is going to take on his contract. He 100% will be the Titans QB next season. This isn’t Madden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back