Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, who would we get that could be better? And the fact of the matter is as a whole he has been phenomenal at building this roster to the point that we are constantly a top team in the NFL. He was also able to build enough depth that we were #1 seed after fielding a record 91 players with the most injuries in history. No other team has been able to find success under those type of challenges.

You could say the same about QB. The 3 early round picks (Young, Locker and Mariota) never managed better than a 9-7 record, and the last time we were 13-3 was with Collins. Be careful what you wish for. We could spend another decade wishing we had Tannehill back. I just think the better approach is to improve the o-line, a little more talent around AJ, improved tight end play, and Tannehill playing smarter. He got us to the point we were at yesterday. We are going to have to suck mightily to get an elite level draft pick, and we haven’t picked well at QB in 25 years, and I don’t know how well McNair’s skill set would work in today’s NFL. Get a burner receiver like Tyreek Hill to compliment AJ and an elite tight end like Travis Kelce. Then pick Tannehill apart. For each elite QB you have elite talent to help them make it to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand....just because Downing calls a bad play, that doesn't excuse Tannehill from throwing a pic right to a defender. Downing is terrible I agree, however Tannehill sucks! At the end of the day, Tannehill is a bottom end quarterback he sucks!

Yesterday all we had to do was run the damn ball and pick out spots to take some 20 yard plus shots down the field.
Downing is a FN idiot
Tannehill isn’t a clutch player, sure he has sever 4Q comebacks but with out team any somewhat athletic QB could have done the same.
I’m so damn frustrated

Did you all see the 3rd down in the 4th quarter....Tannehill had the option to had the ball off to Henry big hole easy first down game over. Instead he decided to pull it away from Henry and roll out....he was stuffed. That call is up to the quarterback....the play is handed off or role out....Henry had a huge hole....go back and see. Tannehill SUCKS!

I also just read (and didnt realise at the time) he wasn't on the field for the final play. WTAF?

Traded for him for this moment, a 2nd rounder, for the playoffs, to make a big play when the season was on the line.... and he's riding the pine. Unreal.
Downing barely used him all season even when he did play. Shouldn’t be a surprise. I remember before the season started, thinking how impossible it was going to be for teams to stop Henry, Brown & Jones. LOL.

I don't understand....just because Downing calls a bad play, that doesn't excuse Tannehill from throwing a pic right to a defender. Downing is terrible I agree, however Tannehill sucks! At the end of the day, Tannehill is a bottom end quarterback he sucks!
No argument here but if you have a bad QB, who in their right mind calls a pass play for him to throw AFTER the running game was working so well?
Then, same question but a screen pass that hasn’t worked all season?
Then, same question but to one of the only non “weapons” on the offense?
So despite THill sucking at the performance of his job, the OC wasn’t removing the ball from his hands and that wasn’t due to a unsuccessful running game.

Multiple times in the game, the plays calls tried to trick the D and only backfired in horrible fashion. The KISS method seems appropriate here, Keep It Simple Stupid, run the dam ball.

Did you all see the 3rd down in the 4th quarter....Tannehill had the option to had the ball off to Henry big hole easy first down game over. Instead he decided to pull it away from Henry and roll out....he was stuffed. That call is up to the quarterback....the play is handed off or role out....Henry had a huge hole....go back and see. Tannehill SUCKS!
Agree on that play in specific. Looked like Henry would have got that first. Overall, the execution looked all kinds of messed up which is why it looked like THill was just standing there for a split second.

I also just read (and didnt realise at the time) he wasn't on the field for the final play. WTAF?

Traded for him for this moment, a 2nd rounder, for the playoffs, to make a big play when the season was on the line.... and he's riding the pine. Unreal.
Simple answer, Westbrook-ihkine must be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back