Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny Byard was just fan years ago when he was ballin, now that he signed with Philly he's a star and Howie fleeced the Titans again. Honestly Byard should of been trade or released 2 seasons ago, but he played well enough last year to stay on the team. This year he looks really slow and out of position more times than not. Good luck in Philly Byard, not gonna say get a SB ring because it ain't my team.

I would love to trade Tanney just to get him off the books for next year cap. Would take a 7.

Would love someone to take Fulton. But if we are going to roll with Levis, we do not need to unload anyone on offense. Our offense is awful now, and if Levis is going to play, he at least needs a chance to have some success. Henry D-Hop and Spears appear to be the only real weapons

I would love to trade Tanney just to get him off the books for next year cap. Would take a 7.

Would love someone to take Fulton. But if we are going to roll with Levis, we do not need to unload anyone on offense. Our offense is awful now, and if Levis is going to play, he at least needs a chance to have some success. Henry D-Hop and Spears appear to be the only real weapons
Pretty sure he’s already off the books next year. This is his last year under contract, he just becomes a FA at the end of the year.

Found it! It WAS Byard...

Titans defense in Cincinnati flop is a 'coordinated' failure at the top

Kevin Byard, a great safety who hasn’t looked as much like it because he’s playing on the first bad defense of his five-year NFL career, was asked if the lack of a defensive coordinator is a problem.

“No, it’s the same stuff we’ve been talking about,” Byard said. “Not being coordinated, a play here, a guy here.”

So it’s not about the lack of a coordinator. But is about the lack of coordination. Great, now we all feel how the Titans look when an opponent drops back in search of a conversion on third-and-12. Let’s all just agree that this is a problem. And that Tuesday is a big day.

Found it! It WAS Byard...

Titans defense in Cincinnati flop is a 'coordinated' failure at the top

Kevin Byard, a great safety who hasn’t looked as much like it because he’s playing on the first bad defense of his five-year NFL career, was asked if the lack of a defensive coordinator is a problem.

“No, it’s the same stuff we’ve been talking about,” Byard said. “Not being coordinated, a play here, a guy here.”

So it’s not about the lack of a coordinator. But is about the lack of coordination. Great, now we all feel how the Titans look when an opponent drops back in search of a conversion on third-and-12. Let’s all just agree that this is a problem. And that Tuesday is a big day.
To me, that is a coordinator/HC problem.

Byard one of my fave Titans since his rookie year. Sad to see him go but totally good move in rebuild. Would like to have got more draft capital and no Edmunds but meh whatever - cap savings needed for rebuild. Need to pull the plunger on other players but I expect to see an epidemic of injuries the next 4-5 games. Feels to me like we win one game this season. We’ve had 2 embarrassing losses this year already this team is bad.

Edmunds was playing on a 1 year deal for about vet minimum. I highly doubt he affected our return at all. Probably just giving us a body to put out there.

He doesn't seem too excited about it.

I know it feels like he's regressed, but I think a lot of us forget he was All Pro two seasons ago. Last year everyone regressed.
I am curious just how much scheme will make a difference. I think Byard can be a really good player still if he is put in a position to succeed instead of fail.

Byard one of my fave Titans since his rookie year. Sad to see him go but totally good move in rebuild. Would like to have got more draft capital and no Edmunds but meh whatever - cap savings needed for rebuild. Need to pull the plunger on other players but I expect to see an epidemic of injuries the next 4-5 games. Feels to me like we win one game this season. We’ve had 2 embarrassing losses this year already this team is bad.

Obviously getting Williams or Maye would be the dream. But I sort of doubt we give up on Levis right away, regardless of how he plays the rest of the season. In that scenario, give me Marvin Harrison II. And then spend the rest of the draft on OL.

I am curious just how much scheme will make a difference. I think Byard can be a really good player still if he is put in a position to succeed instead of fail.

With better help at the LB positions he is able to play ball hawk, which is what he does best. Unfortunately, the state of our LB room is.... troublesome to say the least.

think Byard was schemed to crash the line into a wall of bodies instead of keying on Moss and plugging the hole on that 56 yard TD run or complete lack of instincts or just a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back