Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously getting Williams or Maye would be the dream. But I sort of doubt we give up on Levis right away, regardless of how he plays the rest of the season. In that scenario, give me Marvin Harrison II. And then spend the rest of the draft on OL.
why... OL wont improve until OL coach changed... this has been proven over Vrables entire run as HC

With better help at the LB positions he is able to play ball hawk, which is what he does best. Unfortunately, the state of our LB room is.... troublesome to say the least.

byard is a poor safety at this point ... wishful thinking to believe otherwise

I am curious just how much scheme will make a difference. I think Byard can be a really good player still if he is put in a position to succeed instead of fail.

I'm anxious to see that as well. If he balls out for the Eagles, it'll essentially mean one of two things; 1) that the trade lit an extra little bit of fire to motivate him or B) that he recognized our team was being run by idiots so he just quit caring. Like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders.

I was surprised that the Eagles picked up Edmunds in FA because he is a liabilty in coverage and is more of an in the box type of safety. Eagles lost Gardner-Johnson who had 6INTs last yr and replace him with Edmunds???

I think Byard will be productive in their system because he won't be asked to help in run support as much.

Hate to see him go, but I certainly understand from Carthon's standpoint that now was the time to make this move.

I'm anxious to see that as well. If he balls out for the Eagles, it'll essentially mean one of two things; 1) that the trade lit an extra little bit of fire to motivate him or B) that he recognized our team was being run by idiots so he just quit caring. Like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders.
Johnson had 1200 yards and 9 Tds his final season

Sanders had almost 1800 yards from scrimmage his final season.

I don't think it's fair to say either of them quit.

Johnson had 1200 yards and 9 Tds his final season

Sanders had almost 1800 yards from scrimmage his final season.

I don't think it's fair to say either of them quit.

Um....

It was thought by some that Lions head coach Bobby Ross himself may have actually been the reason for Sanders' early retirement, but in his autobiography Barry Sanders: Now You See Him, Sanders praised Ross as a head coach who had nothing directly to do with his retirement. It was more his frustration with the management and direction of the Lions and the resulting lack of success that contributed to his retirement, as Sanders revealed in his autobiography: "My retirement letter didn't even hint at my frustration, because I didn't want to take shots at people as I left ... Management had let quality players slip away. We'd been losing for years. Now we were right back where we were when I arrived." He wrote: "A goal that I still hadn't realized was playing in the Super Bowl, and all of the statistical achievements didn't put the team any closer to playing in the big game."[117] Sanders has since patched things up with the Lions, rejoining the organization in a paid role as a team ambassador in 2017.[118]

I think a lot of you are going to be really surprised by how much the defense will miss Byard. Sad day.

I’m still not understanding why you or anyone would care. Lose em all. Rebuild with draft and free agency and do it right. Winning means nothing. This team is trash.

Um....

It was thought by some that Lions head coach Bobby Ross himself may have actually been the reason for Sanders' early retirement, but in his autobiography Barry Sanders: Now You See Him, Sanders praised Ross as a head coach who had nothing directly to do with his retirement. It was more his frustration with the management and direction of the Lions and the resulting lack of success that contributed to his retirement, as Sanders revealed in his autobiography: "My retirement letter didn't even hint at my frustration, because I didn't want to take shots at people as I left ... Management had let quality players slip away. We'd been losing for years. Now we were right back where we were when I arrived." He wrote: "A goal that I still hadn't realized was playing in the Super Bowl, and all of the statistical achievements didn't put the team any closer to playing in the big game."[117] Sanders has since patched things up with the Lions, rejoining the organization in a paid role as a team ambassador in 2017.[118]
I mean sure, but Byard is playing like ass Sanders and CJ weren't.

I’m still not understanding why you or anyone would care. Lose em all. Rebuild with draft and free agency and do it right. Winning means nothing. This team is trash.
Wholeheartedly agree. Even if we stumble into the playoffs somehow we are gonna get killed. Start fresh. Build right.

I mean sure, but Byard is playing like ass Sanders and CJ weren't.

Well yeah, they were playing great. Until they weren't. Because they quit. ;)

I'm just saying that it's entirely possible that Byard reverts back to his all-pro ways in new surroundings. If he does, it's fair to question why...

Well yeah, they were playing great. Until they weren't. Because they quit. ;)

I'm just saying that it's entirely possible that Byard reverts back to his all-pro ways in new surroundings. If he does, it's fair to question why...
I wont be watching so.... but byard gave zero Fs about chasing down moss on that highlite from a few pages back. Fine with jogging behind him

88 tackles, 5 INTs, 2 FFs, 1 sack, 2 TDs (including a game clincher)

13 pass break ups, 51.7% completion%, a 68.7 passer rating when targeted, and only 2 missed tackles (2.2%)

Yes.. All Pro

LOL
Also a playoff clinching FR TD that didn’t count correct?

edit: nevermind. What you posted was 2 years ago, not last year. I thought Byard was who returned the FR against Jax, but actually mixed that up with the FR called back this year, it was the non fumble that Iax returned.
I’m all sorts of mixed up. This is what happens when Squirrels are named potential starting QB.

Also a playoff clinching FR TD that didn’t count correct?

edit: nevermind. What you posted was 2 years ago, not last year. I thought Byard was who returned the FR against Jax, but actually mixed that up with the FR called back this year, it was the non fumble that Iax returned.
I’m all sorts of mixed up. This is what happens when Squirrels are named potential starting QB.
Yea that was last year. But even last year, he wasn't as terrible as our shot-term-minded fanbase would indicate (I'm including myself in that dis). 64% completion %, passer rating of 77.8, only gave up 2TD, and missed 4 tackles at 3.6%. When you free safety leads the team in tackles at 108, that's usually a bad indicator for the rest of the D.

Really happy these aren’t actually the Eagles picks with how well they’re playing.
The 5th round pick we’re getting from them will be either the Vikings pick or the Bucs pick. Whichever one is better. So we should root for those teams to lose lol.
The 6th round pick is actually OUR pick that we’re getting back from the Ugo Amadi trade.

Yea that was last year. But even last year, he wasn't as terrible as our shot-term-minded fanbase would indicate (I'm including myself in that dis). 64% completion %, passer rating of 77.8, only gave up 2TD, and missed 4 tackles at 3.6%. When you free safety leads the team in tackles at 108, that's usually a bad indicator for the rest of the D.

true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back