Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
These #17 apologists..

Tanny is a middle of the pack QB we all know that ; but once again - who do they get that’s better?

If they can mortgage their early draft picks for Rodgers or Wilson then sure do it. Don’t see Rodgers here at all though - he will be in GB, Denver, Pittsburgh or Vegas and then AFC will be that much harder for us.

But the team top to bottom is still in win now mode. There’s no one sitting on free agency and no rookie in the class that’s going to help us get any further than Tanny can.

This loss is 100% on Tannehill and Downing. The defense played lights out despite being put in numerous bad situations by the offense and by the offense I mean Tannehill. Tannehill was awful this season, unfortunately the Titans are likely handcuffed to him for 2022. The Titans squandered a chance to reach the AFC championship where they would've faced a team they already beat once regardless of who the winner of the other divisional game was.
Yeah we’re stuck with Tannehill. But there’s no excuse the sun should rise on Downing in Nashville come Monday.

Tanny is a middle of the pack QB we all know that ; but once again - who do they get that’s better?

If they can mortgage their early draft picks for Rodgers or Wilson then sure do it. Don’t see Rodgers here at all though - he will be in GB, Denver, Pittsburgh or Vegas and then AFC will be that much harder for us.

But the team top to bottom is still in win now mode. There’s no one sitting on free agency and no rookie in the class that’s going to help us get any further than Tanny can.

You could literally pull Jake Locker out of retirement and he would be better than #17.

Don't give #17 the QB job based on his contract. This dude literally lost the game for us today. He's been as average as they come all season. If we have to keep #17 as our QB based on his contract, then we're in trouble next season.

It's clear as day that we're never going to go anywhere with this fella that wears #17.

You could literally pull Jake Locker out of retirement and he would be better than #17.

Don't give #17 the QB job based on his contract. This dude literally lost the game for us today. He's been as average as they come all season. If we have to keep #17 as our QB based on his contract, then we're in trouble next season.

It's clear as day that we're never going to go anywhere with this fella that wears #17.

Yeah I uno. We know our division is terrible. We know our team is built to win. We know we can’t have any more injuries than we did this year. So we’re going to be right back in this same position most likely in 365 days. I mean Tannehill is going to have to get it done simple as that otherwise what’s the point of getting excited when the same outcome is surely lurking for this team yet again - do enough to make playoffs and then be kicked out to a star QB.

Tannehill is not going anywhere. But this further proves the point of Tannehill crumbling when teams shut down Henry and we need him to step up and carry the team.

@HurrayTitans! You were trying to argue this point with me. Tonight is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Jake Locker would have been a great QB if he didn’t get stuck with Chris Palmer and a team with little talent around him. He showed flashes of greatness. The situation you are drafted into, makes a huge difference in your career. I was at the falcons game they show first.

I agree with most of this. The first INT was egregious, Julio was wide open and that ball should have been thrown well before Julio made his break. Instead Tannehill, who had a clean pocket, sat there and waited until Julio nearly finished his break to make that throw.

The only area I disagree with is the third INT. He forced that ball to NWI who was well covered. To me, that pass was just as bad as the first INT.

both the first and last INT Tsnnehill was staring down the WR he was throwing to like he saw his first pair of boobs. Cannot happen in the NFL.

There is a zero point zero % chance Tannehill is not back next year. You can blame the GM for giving him such a ridiculous contract.

Lol bad contract? Well I was told that’s just the market for QB’s and his “isn’t that bad” compared to his position (not true). Next year Tannehill is a top 5 paid QB in the NFL

Tannehill was pretty damned good for 2 seasons. Nothing changes that fact. Was it a two year fluke? Maybe. I guess we will see next season.

Tannehill is not going anywhere. But this further proves the point of Tannehill crumbling when teams shut down Henry and we need him to step up and carry the team.

@HurrayTitans! You were trying to argue this point with me. Tonight is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
I’ll change my tune on THill specifically. I still highly disagree on an idea that an “elite” QB is needed but you must have a guy that protects the ball and an OC that knows how to help a QB would be nice.

We’ve seen THill do exactly what you can’t do by turning the ball over and when he really didn’t need to be controlling the ball. Prime example today was INT #2, THill didn’t protect the ball and Downing helped by calling a stupid WR screen. Running the ball there would have been safer AND was proving more effective.

This D would have won the game had THill been smarter with the ball, even accepting a sack or something instead.

I’ll change my tune on THill specifically. I still highly disagree on an idea that an “elite” QB is needed but you must have a guy that protects the ball and an OC that knows how to help a QB would be nice.

We’ve seen THill do exactly what you can’t do by turning the ball over and when he really didn’t need to controlling the ball. Prime example today was INT #2, THill didn’t protect the ball and Downing helped by calling a stupid WR screen. Running the ball there would have been safer AND was proving more effective.

This D would have won the game had THill been smarter with the ball, even accepting a sack or something instead.

I hope like hell he proves me wrong but he won’t. It sucks.

Tannehill was pretty damned good for 2 seasons. Nothing changes that fact. Was it a two year fluke? Maybe. I guess we will see next season.

Hes a trailer qb, not a truck qb. When henry is kicking ass, he plays well.

The minute he has to pull the load its over. See the last three playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back