Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Locker would have been a great QB if he didn’t get stuck with Chris Palmer and a team with little talent around him. He showed flashes of greatness. The situation you are drafted into, makes a huge difference in your career. I was at the falcons game they show first.

Agree. I loved me some Locker. Fucking Muhammad Wilkerson pretty much ruined his career.

Yeah. You can. It's just very unlikely.
Aside from the additional names that were also within a game of winning it, that’s 3 of the last 10. While yes, the smaller margin, it’s not as unlikely as some like to believe.
I’d also argue, that defense is a requirement. The titans have one of the top defenses. If a scrub QB doesnt turn the ball over, games like today are W’s, just like previous games against 4 teams still remaining this season, and a SB can be had.

Edit: I didn’t really talk about how Tom Brady should be in a category all his own. I don’t give a crap what other elite QB there is, if he’s not named Tom Brady, he is no more likely to win than some scrub QB. That same 10 year period has Pat Mahomes (1), Russ Wilson (1), and we can debate where on the spectrum Eli Manning falls (1). So also 2-3/10.

Tannehill is not going anywhere. But this further proves the point of Tannehill crumbling when teams shut down Henry and we need him to step up and carry the team.

@HurrayTitans! You were trying to argue this point with me. Tonight is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Tannehill DID show that he could lead the team to victory the first 2 seasons he was in TN. This season he wasn't the same QB we had seen. What the reason is for that can be debated but Tanny was pretty damn good and pulled off some heroics before.

Tannehill DID show that he could lead the team to victory the first 2 seasons he was in TN. This season he wasn't the same QB we had seen. What the reason is for that can be debated but Tanny was pretty damn good and pulled off some heroics before.
He had an OC before that took advantage of his strengths and hid his weaknesses. His biggest weakness now is his OC.

Keyword is "WAS". #17 is no longer it. We've had some really great games with #17, but he's proved time after time he doesn't have what it takes to take us above and beyond. Do I expect #17 to take us to the SB each year? No. But do I expect #17 to score at least 21 points in last years playoff and today? Yes I do.

He had an OC before that took advantage of his strengths and hid his weaknesses. His biggest weakness now is his OC.
Maybe.. but people here act like Tannehill has been terrible the whole time he's been here.

Hell even this season he wasn't great, but still wasnt what I'd call terrible (outside of a few bad games which happens to all QBs)

I know everyone is emotional about the loss of a playoff game... But seems everyone is forgetting Tannehill has been good for TN.

Keyword is "WAS". #17 is no longer it. We've had some really great games with #17, but he's proved time after time he doesn't have what it takes to take us above and beyond. Do I expect #17 to take us to the SB each year? No. But do I expect #17 to score at least 21 points in last years playoff and today? Yes I do.
Go back and watch the offense as a whole in the victories over the Patriots and Ravens 2 years ago and then watch the one from tonight. Watch the play calling. You’ll see the issue. It’s not even the same offense.

Maybe.. but people here act like Tannehill has been terrible the whole time he's been here.

Hell even this season he wasn't great, but still wasnt what I'd call terrible (outside of a few bad games which happens to all QBs)

I know everyone is emotional about the loss of a playoff game... But seems everyone is forgetting Tannehill has been good for TN.
I agree with you. I don’t think he is the main problem on offense.

Well, every team expects that out of their QB...but guess what? It's just not reality in the NFL. Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Mahomes, who ever you want to talk about as "elite" level QBs, especially the ones that have been around for a while have had 2 bad games in the playoffs also. They weren't immediately dumped by their team. Maybe their fans blasted them online... But the reality is that every QB flops in games, postseason or regular. It happens.

Tannehill made some bad throws/decisions, but he's also proven to be a pretty good QB. Will he win a SB? I don't know. Will Brady,Rodgers,Mahomes, etc etc etc win another? Nobody knows. But they have all been in the same boat as Tannehill is tonight.

Hell, we'd be fine if not for three picks. Just protect the damn ball and we win that game.

both the first and last INT Tsnnehill was staring down the WR he was throwing to like he saw his first pair of boobs. Cannot happen in the NFL.

True, but I think he still gets it to Julio if his throw was earlier. On the third INT, if he had gone through progressions he would have seen Firsker was wide open.

Hes a trailer qb, not a truck qb. When henry is kicking ass, he plays well.

The minute he has to pull the load its over. See the last three playoff games.
There is no doubt Henry has made his job much easier. Doesnt change the fact for the past 2 seasons his balls have been, not only accurate but on target for YAC. He has gotten the ball out of his hands fast. He has made good decisions.

This season he has not been accurate, he has been way off target, he is hesitating and holding on to the ball and he is making bad decisions.

Yeah he has stunk it up in playoff games. No doubt about it.

This one will hurt for a while. It felt like everything was coming together at the right time.

Tanny sucked but there is plenty of blame to go around.

Vrabel took a point off the board going for two. I think a lot of plays go differently if the Titans hold a lead late.

Vrabel goes for it on 4th down after the OL can’t get a push on 3rd-and-1 on the 35. A FG there puts the Titans up by 4 if he’d kept the PAT. Even if going for it was the right call, the OL couldn’t get a push on two plays they only need one yard. Inexcusable.

The D was great all game long but gave up a 19-yard completion that set up the game-winner after Tanny’s final INT.

Whose decision was it not give Foreman more touches? He was clearly more effective today than Henry. I’ll go as far as to say the Titans win today if Henry doesn’t play.

It was a total team loss including the coaching staff. The media who said the Titans were a weak #1 seed were right.

This one will hurt for a while. It felt like everything was coming together at the right time.

Tanny sucked but there is plenty of blame to go around.

Vrabel took a point off the board going for two. I think a lot of plays go differently if the Titans hold a lead late.

Vrabel goes for it on 4th down after the OL can’t get a push on 3rd-and-1 on the 35. A FG there puts the Titans up by 4 if he’d kept the PAT. Even if going for it was the right call, the OL couldn’t get a push on two plays they only need one yard. Inexcusable.

The D was great all game long but gave up a 19-yard completion that set up the game-winner after Tanny’s final INT.

Whose decision was it not give Foreman more touches? He was clearly more effective today than Henry. I’ll go as far as to say the Titans win today if Henry doesn’t play.

It was a total team loss including the coaching staff. The media who said the Titans were a weak #1 seed were right.

One of the worst offensive calls I’ve ever seen was the delay fake draw or whatever the f**k that was on 3rd and half a yard that made it 4th and a long one. Like why even get cute there? The only plays that should have been called in that situation was a simple Henry run between the tackles or a Tannehill sneak. You already knew it was a 4 down situation, so worst case scenario, Henry or Tannehill falls forward and makes it 4th and inches, and you run it again.

One of the worst offensive calls I’ve ever seen was the delay fake draw or whatever the f**k that was on 3rd and half a yard that made it 4th and a long one. Like why even get cute there? The only plays that should have been called in that situation was a simple Henry run between the tackles or a Tannehill sneak. You already knew it was a 4 down situation, so worst case scenario, Henry or Tannehill falls forward and makes it 4th and inches, and you run it again.

Exactly. Feed the rock to King Henry twice in a row until he falls forward for enough to reach the line to gain or send Tannehill with the QB sneak as he's been successful with that before the playoffs this season. Tried to get too fancy and it cost us when it counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back