Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill DID show that he could lead the team to victory the first 2 seasons he was in TN. This season he wasn't the same QB we had seen. What the reason is for that can be debated but Tanny was pretty damn good and pulled off some heroics before.

Wrong. We lost first round last year because of the offense as well. Same thing in AFCCG in 2019. When teams stop the run we are done. Regardless of who is calling plays.

Wrong. We lost first round last year because of the offense as well. Same thing in AFCCG in 2019. When teams stop the run we are done. Regardless of who is calling plays.

We scored 24 on KC in that AFC Championship. That loss wasn't on Tanne and the offense. We just couldn't stop Mahomes.

We all know Tanne has his limitations. But absolutely was a very good QB his first 2 years for us. This year he was bad. Of course he was without his top offensive weapons most of the season, but that shouldn't affect seasoned veteran QBs that significantly. We need to find a replacement for Tanne. It doesn't have to be this year's draft class. I'm not a huge fan of the QBs available. But we should at least be scouting all top QBs extensively. Kenny Pickett is someone I'm high on that has the same run and gun play style as Tanne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing wide open A.J. Brown for TD. The 3 picks and terrible play calling and game management. But that pick at the 10 yard line after 53 yard run was just awful and play call even worse!

9 sacks (really eleven they took 2 away) losing at home in playoffs got to be NFL record.

Woke up this morning even more pissed off. They say in the playoffs your weaknesses get exposed. Well Mr Tannehil is certainly our weakness. No excuses he played lousy all damn game with his full cast of weapons. Missed AJ wide open on the deep ball, threw behind receivers all night which killed drives, forces a throw to our 3 rd wideout on the depth chart on the last play of the game when Firkser was wide open underneath. You can blaim the OC all you want. 3 years in the playoffs and nothing but poor play from Tannehil regardless of who was calling the plays. Sad part is we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future due to his contract. We have a roster full of talent however when you don’t have a qb who shows up in big spots you get 10-12 wins a season and bounced early in the playoffs. Such is the life of a Titans fan

What is hard to argue is that one player did not lose the game! He got an assist from the coaching staff! We are never winning a super bowl with him as qb

I think most of us agree we want to upgrade both QB and OC. QB is just must harder to upgrade than OC even without salary cap considerations.

Does anyone really think there's any chance Downing gets fired? I hope to hell I'm wrong, but I think we'll give him another chance. It's what this team does.

I think both of those games, the defense played a larger role in the loss than yesterday.
I can’t say much of any complaint on the defense, that was all offense, and even then all QB.

Does anyone really think there's any chance Downing gets fired? I hope to hell I'm wrong, but I think we'll give him another chance. It's what this team does.
I agree, it was his first year here so they won’t can him but also “consistency” like the fight was with Mm and the OC kept getting snagged for HC jobs.

Vrabel will not fire his friends. Our only hope is someone offers Downing a HC job which isn’t happening so we’re stuck with him

Missing wide open A.J. Brown for TD. The 3 picks and terrible play calling and game management. But that pick at the 10 yard line after 53 yard run was just awful and play call even worse!

9 sacks (really eleven they took 2 away) losing at home in playoffs got to be NFL record.

I kept thinking in the 4th no way we lose this game now … that was until they showed the graphic of McNabb being sacked 8+ times and still winning was the last to do it … then it was … oh man Burrow is going to pull this off isn’t he?!….

Tannehill was his own worst enemy yesterday. The Bengals got little to no pressure on him for most of the game and he was getting some of the cleanest pockets I had seen all year.

Tannehill was late on many of this throws, and those throws were quite often behind the receivers and off target.

I actually liked that the gameplan started out of aggressive, but the Titans couldn't decide whether they wanted to stay aggressive or go conservative throughout the game. Combine that with Downing's WTF playcalling in the second half at key moments and Tannehill's poor play, the Titans were lucky to have only lost by three.

Look no further than the final drive. If the Titans are playing to be the only team to have a shot to kick a FG to win, then that third and 5 ideally should have been a deeper pass to prevent the Bengals from having any chance to score. Instead, Tannehill throws into a crowd after staring down NWI from the snap. Bengals only need one intermediate pass to get into FG range and it was game over.

We scored 24 on KC in that AFC Championship. That loss wasn't on Tanne and the offense. We just couldn't stop Mahomes.

We all know Tanne has his limitations. But absolutely was a very good QB his first 2 years for us. This year he was bad. Of course he was without his top offensive weapons most of the season, but that shouldn't affect seasoned veteran QBs that significantly. We need to find a replacement for Tanne. It doesn't have to be this year's draft class. I'm not a huge fan of the QBs available. But we should at least be scouting all top QBs extensively. Kenny Pickett is someone I'm high on that has the same run and gun play style as Tanne.

He’s a good regular season QB. But it’s time to wake up and smell the roses. Reality hit every Titans fan in the face last night or at least it should have.

I don't understand the mixup discussion between Tannehill and OC? Tannehill is not a top 12 quarterback end of story....getting rid of Downing is another discussion why the mix up here? Tannehill is awful we can see that....we can't replace him next year because of the cap hit, our only hope is load up more on defense and try to win how Baltimore did with a low level quarterback. Limit Tannehills play book, and priority number 1 protect the football. The offense repeatedly gave away the ball all season, and in the end that's what got us in playoffs turnovers. Lets put this to rest....Tannehill is definitely bottom end QB.

One of the most dominant defensive performances I have ever seen and we lost. Inexcusable.

I am done wasting my money on this team. So damn frustrating.

One of the most dominant defensive performances I have ever seen and we lost. Inexcusable.

I am done wasting my money on this team. So damn frustrating.
We do agree on this. Just prepare yourself for the big hype recovery "sell" they're putting together right now.

He’s a good regular season QB. But it’s time to wake up and smell the roses. Reality hit every Titans fan in the face last night or at least it should have.

Fans should have gotten the rude awakening that Tannehill is not one of the stars of this team. He is the complimentary piece to the star players on offense, Henry and A.J. Brown. The fact that the complimentary player is the QB is a problem for the offense.

I'm not saying he is a bad player or scrub, but he is what he is; an average to an above quarterback on any given day. Tannehill is not capable of lifting this team by himself like other elite QB's are able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back