Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do agree on this. Just prepare yourself for the big hype recovery "sell" they're putting together right now.

Wont work on me. This is our peak with Tannehill at QB.

Again that’s not necessarily a knock on him. We were a damn good team this year. But you are only as good as your QB. Sure you can run into some luck and get to a championship game like we did in 2019 or the 49ers this year but the game is different now. Without an elite guy it is damn near impossible to win a championship.

I can watch from home and be just as heart broken but at least I don’t shell out thousands to do it.

Again that’s not necessarily a knock on him. We were a damn good team this year. But you are only as good as your QB. Sure you can run into some luck and get to a championship game like we did in 2019 or the 49ers this year but the game is different now. Without an elite guy it is damn near impossible to win a championship.

I can watch from home and be just as heart broken but at least I don’t shell out thousands to do it.

Over 30 years later (and almost 30 years later) and I still remember the money I shelled out to watch the Oilers lose to the Steelers and Chiefs in the playoffs in Houston. And my personal favorite, the money I spent to watch Elway lead a comeback over the Oilers at Mile High.

I've only gone to one NFL game since then. Happy for me, the Titans beat the Texans in 2003 here in Houston.

I totally agree with what you're saying. Unfortunately, for me. I always seem to come back around. Something inside me about "never quitting" "true fan" "loyalty" etc. I'm $tupid this way. I used to carry 8 PSL's for my business, be there every home game playoff etc. Dropped it to 4 and now just 2 for my son and me to go to games. He lives in Nashville now. But truthfully, I only made the MNF game v the Bills- he used the rest. Just not worth my money any more. Makes a lot more sense to pay whatever for the tix to go to one or two meaningful games and enjoy the rest from my porch or beside my fire.

Fans should have gotten the rude awakening that Tannehill is not one of the stars of this team. He is the complimentary piece to the star players on offense, Henry and A.J. Brown. The fact that the complimentary player is the QB is a problem for the offense.

I'm not saying he is a bad player or scrub, but he is what he is; an average to an above quarterback on any given day. Tannehill is not capable of lifting this team by himself like other elite QB's are able to.

Yep. Exactly. VERY hard to win a SB like that in todays NFL.

I totally agree with what you're saying. Unfortunately, for me. I always seem to come back around. Something inside me about "never quitting" "true fan" "loyalty" etc. I'm $tupid this way. I used to carry 8 PSL's for my business, be there every home game playoff etc. Dropped it to 4 and now just 2 for my son and me to go to games. He lives in Nashville now. But truthfully, I only made the MNF game v the Bills- he used the rest. Just not worth my money any more. Makes a lot more sense to pay whatever for the tix to go to one or two meaningful games and enjoy the rest from my porch or beside my fire.

It’ll be a lot easier for me since I don’t live in Nashville lol. Couldn’t imagine being a PSL holder. Absolutely devastating.

Between flights, hotels, food & drink, and tickets it’s expense. But would be much harder for me to back up my talk if I lived in the city.

Elite QBs are QBs who can do it at an elite level and get it done without a good OC or coaching staff. They are the OC.

Tannehill is good but not elite for that reason. He needs a very good OC. We don’t have that. The plays, the scheme was for shit.

im starting to believe that the staff has no faith in tannehill and its justified. he was good vs 9 men in the box where its basically impossible to make a huge mistake throwing the ball, but i dunno about tanny anymore. either the staff sees something and they are trying to limit tanny as much as possible, or they are very stupid and they dont understand that throwing to aj brown and julio jones is a good idea to try... starting to believe its the former. past couple weeks we have run all sorts of fancy flat plays / screens that dont really work. only purpose is to call a play that tannehill can execute. we even have aj brown throwing the ball on the run like hes patrick mahomes... everything past couple weeks says to me this staff has very little faith in tannehill (behind this oline)

i said this bout a month ago and people didnt want to hear it.... that screen play INT basically lost the game for us. you would think u could just find an open receiver with AJ brown and Julio in the game... but we call these wierd screen plays and tricky flat routes. Tannehill just isnt good and the staff knew it.

It’ll be a lot easier for me since I don’t live in Nashville lol. Couldn’t imagine being a PSL holder. Absolutely devastating.

Between flights, hotels, food & drink, and tickets it’s expense. But would be much harder for me to back up my talk if I lived in the city.
I drive 2 hours from Kentucky to watch them every game.

i said this bout a month ago and people didnt want to hear it.... that screen play INT basically lost the game for us. you would think u could just find an open receiver with AJ brown and Julio in the game... but we call these wierd screen plays and tricky flat routes. Tannehill just isnt good and the staff knew it.
It was stupid to call that play at that moment period. Even if Mahomes was your QB, that was a stupid call at that point in the game.

It was stupid to call that play at that moment period. Even if Mahomes was your QB, that was a stupid call at that point in the game.
yea the point is they call baby plays for tannehill cuz he sucks. no one is calling a screen pass there if they have confidence in their qb

yea the point is they call baby plays for tannehill cuz he sucks. no one is calling a screen pass there if they have confidence in their qb
Shouldn’t have called a pass at all. Should have kept running it down their throats until they showed they could stop it. Their defense was totally gassed at that point and we bailed them out.

I don't understand the mixup discussion between Tannehill and OC? Tannehill is not a top 12 quarterback end of story....getting rid of Downing is another discussion why the mix up here? Tannehill is awful we can see that....we can't replace him next year because of the cap hit, our only hope is load up more on defense and try to win how Baltimore did with a low level quarterback. Limit Tannehills play book, and priority number 1 protect the football. The offense repeatedly gave away the ball all season, and in the end that's what got us in playoffs turnovers. Lets put this to rest....Tannehill is definitely bottom end QB.
The attachment on the two is that we all know THill isn’t a top QB but the OC clearly didn’t get the message by putting the ball in his hands completely unnecessarily because the running game was working.
If the OC is gonna be that stupid, need a different QB OR a different OC that recognizes the limitations.

If we just avoid one of the picks / execute on one of any number of the big plays in that 4th Q we get the win. So maddening.

The 3rd and 1 play even I recognised the formation as the QB keeper option play and the DE didn't bite at all. Dumb as hell to get cute there when we were pounding it down their throats.

The 4th and 1 was just inexcusable. A delay counter draw into a stacked box. Ridiculous. Back to back QB sneaks or power runs with an FB gets that yard.

The WR screen to Chester Rodgers (why?) again was Downing being cute when pounding the rock or play action would have much more success

The Tannehill pick at the end was brutal. NWI was well covered and Firk was wide open underneath. I'm also mad that we put the game in the hands of NWI this year and Raymond last year. Look how the 9ers gave the key play to Deebo. Use your superstar AJ brown and find a way to get him open and get him more targets.

Jackrabbit Jenkins was one on one with Chase and was beaten over the top easily to get into FG range. How on earth did we not double him there? Thats my only criticism of the defense which was lights out but it was typical they allowed the big play. The offense lost this game though, no question. Plus the coaching.

Vrabel should have kicked the extra point.

Kickers again never miss against us. Could have put my mortgage on the game winner splitting the sticks.

What have I missed? Just gutted. Not often you get the 1 seed and have everything fall in your lap. We totally blew it.

We're stuck with Tannehill, that's depressing. Lets just keep loading up on defense, because we know that putting the ball in Tannehills hands to come through in the playoffs will cost us the game. He's probably a bottom 10 quarterback in the league now....that was probably the worst quarterback performance in the dividend round that I can remember. If he wasn't a 50 million cap hit, Tannehill would have played his last game in Tennessee. Also did you see him smiling on the sidelines after his interceptions.....what a pathetic yellow belly he is! He knows Titans can't get rid of him...that piece of crap holds all the cards.

View attachment 19258

start of game... BLOCKS of tiger fans all over the place... this is shot of middle of east side upperdeck... Titan FO prohibited PSL owners from transfering tickets 24 hours before KO... THESE tickets were sold to ticket brokers years ago... THIS is the atmosphere for any game not involving tarpkitties or cows

to say I did not enjoy the atmosphere is putting it mildly

There is no fixing this. Titans FO sold out the home fans and THIS is proof

as further proof... my PSL buddy thought he had purchased postseason tickets but could not get thru gate - obviously. Had to talk to titan ticket office ( I went in cause I could not assist in any way ) anyways he had to purchase a ticket NOT his ( for more money but whatever ) because TItan FO sold his PSL Playoff seats already .... Bengals fan sitting in his PSL seat

F*CK the Titan front office... they hate Titan fans

Last edited by a moderator:
The call was stupid....however Tannehill is stupid for throwing right into the hands of the receiver. Bottom line....Tannehill is to blame because he SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back