Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll just draft some big mammoth tackle in the draft and be perfectly fine there

Sorta reminds me of us drafting a guard in the 1st rd he is nothing more than a fat a ss , they draft a guard in the 1st rd guy is a future HoF.
We draft a mammoth tackle in the 1st rd guy is still in " bikini bottom".
I don't want them drafting a mammoth tackle in the 1st rd (with our luck) he'll be a game changing once in a generation tackle that'll transcend the position for generations to come.
FML ...

Last edited by a moderator:
He stinks. I know I’m crazy to think the Titans are a really good team and all. I know I’m a complete ******* for not thinking the Colts are just the greatest team ever assembled and they can take any QB and win the SB.

But I’m not scared of the Colts especially with Wentz and let’s see what all the experts in here have to say when the Colts don’t make the playoffs next season and Wentz is a total bust.

I'm a homer through and through and even I can see that they'll be a tough matchup next season.
If / when your prediction comes to fruition they'll be out a 1st rd pick and stuck with a bust at QB for the foreseeable future.

Also for the time being this makes for good off-season banter between us board members.

For the off-season is dark and full of terrors ...

Call me crazy, but I feel like no one is surprised by this comment.

As a side note, not 1 person has ever remotely said that Indy is the greatest team ever assembled or anything even closely resembling that kind of statement. Either you are referring to no one or grossly exaggerating the previous comments made about the Colts in general.

Hyperbole to make a point. I’m dramatic. That’s shouldn’t come as a surprise. LOL.

There are certain posters in here, who I will not specifically name as not to personally attack them, that seem to think anything the Titans do is trash and the Colts can sign a new water boy and they are now the favorite to win the World Series. Colts are a good team. I don’t dispute that. But without an elite QB what exactly have they ever done? What did the Titans do? It’s a QB driven league. Wentz isn’t elite. Could he all of sudden become elite? I guess he could. If the Titans fix the defense, the division is still ours to lose.

I'm a homer through and through and even I can see that they'll be a tough matchup next season.
If / when your prediction comes to fruition they'll be out a 1st rd pick and stuck with a bust at QB for the foreseeable future.

Also for the time being this makes for good off-season banter between us board members.

Was wondering what titans fans thought. As far as wentz goes who knows how he'll do. He was horrendous this past season. I think the Lt and weapons they put around him will be key

You think they are better with Wentz than Rivers? I don’t. Rivers was very football smart and for whatever is physical limitations were he got the job done at a high level. Wentz is not better. Equal at best. The Colts have to find a LT also. Sign WRs. They have a good foundation. But they didn’t just get Mahomes. It’s Carson Wentz.

Hyperbole to make a point. I’m dramatic. That’s shouldn’t come as a surprise. LOL.

There are certain posters in here, who I will not specifically name as not to personally attack them, that seem to think anything the Titans do is trash and the Colts can sign a new water boy and they are now the favorite to win the World Series. Colts are a good team. I don’t dispute that. But without an elite QB what exactly have they ever done? What did the Titans do? It’s a QB driven league. Wentz isn’t elite. Could he all of sudden become elite? I guess he could. If the Titans fix the defense, the division is still ours to lose.
Wentz played elite on 2017 and good in 18 and 19 before being terrible in 2020. He reminds me of Andrew Luck lite. They both could throw on the run and extend plays.

If the Colts win the World Series, hats off to them...that would be a first and they should be commended

QB driven, yes.

Elite QB necessary to win a SB, absolutely not. If anything, we have more than enough proof that all you need is mediocre and safe.

As far as the other parts. A) you should call them out, who cares? B) I know some attack every Titans move, won't argue your standpoint on that one.

Honestly, I'm just really happy they got Wentz instead of Stafford. In 5 years Wentz has never really won the big games with lots of talent around him. More talent than he'll have in Indy at this point. I consider that a huge sample size too.
I think wentz is better than Stafford. Granted they have both been on some bad teams and both have struggled with health early in their careers.

Wentz played elite on 2017 and good in 18 and 19 before being terrible in 2020. He reminds me of Andrew Luck lite. They both could throw on the run and extend plays.

Let’s go easy with the “ elite “ tag. He wasnt elite. He was on pace for a 2020 THill type season and most of y’all don’t think THill was elite. If you think THill was elite in 2020 I will accept your assessment. Wentz statically is no where near Luck.

You think they are better with Wentz than Rivers? I don’t. Rivers was very football smart and for whatever is physical limitations were he got the job done at a high level. Wentz is not better. Equal at best. The Colts have to find a LT also. Sign WRs. They have a good foundation. But they didn’t just get Mahomes. It’s Carson Wentz.
Funny thing is rivers had some years similar to wentz as has big ben and they both bounced back. What makes wentz potentially better than rivers is his mobility. He can run tds in like Luck or throw on the run like Luck. Wentz is also considered smart, but he main issue is durability. So if he gets knocked out expect Eason to come in or whoever the back up will be.

Better than rivers don't know, all I do know is that wentz should be thier QB for more than one season. Better with wentz than any 1st rd QB they could have had at their spot.
I will say this. Anything that I do know about wentz comes from my younger "brother" (I use the term loosely because she's a cowboys fan). He always looked forward to facing the eagles as long as wentz was starting at QB. Take that for what it's worth.

Let’s go easy with the “ elite “ tag. He wasnt elite. He was on pace for a 2020 THill type season and most of y’all don’t think THill was elite. If you think THill was elite in 2020 I will accept your assessment. Wentz statically is no where near Luck.
Wentz has thrown less interceptions than luck in his first five seasons and also less tds. There is only a .3 difference in qb rating between the two. So wentz is closer to luck than you think.

QB driven, yes.

Elite QB necessary to win a SB, absolutely not. If anything, we have more than enough proof that all you need is mediocre and safe.

As far as the other parts. A) you should call them out, who cares? B) I know some attack every Titans move, won't argue your standpoint on that one.

Nope.. not gonna call anyone out by name. That apparently is frowned upon in this establishment. I get put in forum jail if I do that. So I’m just going to insult people vaguely. That appears to be ok.

They'll just draft some big mammoth tackle in the draft and be perfectly fine there

Agreed on Wentz, and as I posted earlier, if you advance to the post season, you gotta play the best. We need to hold the offensive pieces together and get that D top 5-7 and we can hang with anybody.

Wentz has thrown less interceptions than luck in his first five seasons and also less tds. There is only a .3 difference in qb rating between the two. So wentz is closer to luck than you think.
Wentz is actually pretty close to Miami Tannehill statistically. I suppose lightening could strike twice. Reich is a good coach and I expect he can maximize Wentz. But, if we get our D fixed, I don’t care. More fun to beat a better team than a sorry team.

Then there is that whole Luck averaging 4000/30td a season and Wentz 3300/22td a season. I’m guessing that’s close. But Wentz to me looks more like Mariota than Luck.

Wentz is actually pretty close to Miami Tennehill statistically. I suppose lightening could strike twice. Reich is a good coach and I expect he can maximize Wentz. But, if we get our D fixed, I don’t care. More fun to beat a better team than a sorry team.

Thank you,,, so if Wentz is elite, so is Tannehill. Love it if the Colts do it, but hate the Titans doing the same thing. All these people in here rag on the Titans and Vrabel and Robinson and then nut hug the Colts. What have the Colts done with Frank Reich? Actually NOTHING. Vrabel has easily had the most success with arguably much less talent. That’s why the Colts, particularly with Wentz don’t scare me. They were better with Rivers. If the Titans fix the defense, and that’s a big if, they are an elite team.

Thank you,,, so if Wentz is elite, so is Tannehill. Love it if the Colts do it, but hate the Titans doing the same thing. All these people in here rag on the Titans and Vrabel and Robinson and then nut hug the Colts. What have the Colts done with Frank Reich? Actually NOTHING. Vrabel has easily had the most success with arguably much less talent. That’s why the Colts, particularly with Wentz don’t scare me. They were better with Rivers. If the Titans fix the defense, and that’s a big if, they are an elite team.
So let me get this straight.

Wentz=Tannehill

But the titans are still in a better spot despite being worse at literally every position other than RB? Lol ok

With Wentz now joining the AFC South, it has cemented itself as the most churchy division in football. Nutjob Easterby for the Texans, Scumbag Urban Meyer, and Now the Wentz/Reich duo, who at least seem to be more decent people.

Titans are the biggest heathens in the division, by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back