Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wentz doesn't scare me, but he does have some good traits. If they can keep him healthy and play within his game, he should have success. But, we should still be better.

So let me get this straight.

Wentz=Tannehill

But the titans are still in a better spot despite being worse at literally every position other than RB? Lol ok

I tend to agree.

Whatever window we had is closing fast.

We have an upper mediocre team with a lot of free agents and no money to keep them, let alone add the pieces we need to improve.

Id say we are fighting for wild card and probable early exits for the foreseeable future.

Being a fan of a team doesn't mean you have to love everything about them and defend every move they make.

I've defended tannehill countless times. Never spoken poorly of brown, Henry, jonnu, etc. Just because I'm not delusional doesn't mean I hate the team.

You literally post the most outlandish pro-titans posts all the time and get so upset and defensive when someone plays devil's advocate.

Perfect example when brisset was going to start for the Colts he stunk, now that they're losing brisket he was a core piece.

Being constantly negative or pessimistic doesn’t make you a smarter or more realistic fan either. People like you seem to think if you are a glass half full person that somehow makes you smarter. It doesn’t, I am sure most of what we all say could be considered outlandish. I don’t think anything I say is outlandish, is it homerish, Sure. I acknowledge I’m a homer. I see the best in the team. I look for reasons that things will work, not why they won’t. Where the heck is the fun in that? I look at stats and actually performance. I stand by what I said about Brissett. With Wentz injury history and accuracy problems he is now a core apiece the Colts need to keep if they wish to stay competitive. It doesn’t mean I think he is any good. Byard is a core piece of our defense, but he wasn’t any good last season.

Give me an example of me being delusional? Do you even know what the definition of that word is?

My posting may come off as upset, but I’m not.

You talk of other teams they way you claim I do about the Titans. Hopi act as though the Colts can do no wrong. They are a great team, have all this money etc etc. You think they are better because they have money, it you don’t ever dispute what I say. You just claim it’s wrong, So I’m asking you to look at the players the Colts have to sign and their cap money and debate my points.

Sorta reminds me of us drafting a guard in the 1st rd he is nothing more than a fat a ss , they draft a guard in the 1st rd guy is a future HoF.
We draft a mammoth tackle in the 1st rd guy is still in " bikini bottom".
I don't want them drafting a mammoth tackle in the 1st rd (with our luck) he'll be a game changing once in a generation tackle that'll transcend the position for generations to come.
FML ...

hah yeah sad but accurate

Or, and hear me out here, we could trade them Isaiah for their first this year and 2nd next year AND provide them free hotdogs and coke at every game we host for the next three, no, make that four seasons. The Costanza Principle at work.

you may be onto something here

I tend to agree.

Whatever window we had is closing fast.

We have an upper mediocre team with a lot of free agents and no money to keep them, let alone add the pieces we need to improve.

Id say we are fighting for wild card and probable early exits for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, last offseason I was thinking we had a 2-3 season window to take advantage of our offense and try to win a superbowl. With Covid and the cap hit, that window just dropped down to a small crack.

Specifically Why ?
interesting you should use the word "specifically" without specifically asking why...

why what? why did I think last offseason we had a 2-3 season window?

why did we get covid?

why are we taking a cap hit?

why has that window closed to a small crack?

1. because it is hard to stay at the very top for a very long time.
2. It is a pandemic sweeping across the world.
3. because of covid, the league didnt make as much money this season and cap is based on profits
4. Bowen

interesting you should use the word "specifically" without specifically asking why...

why what? why did I think last offseason we had a 2-3 season window?

why did we get covid?

why are we taking a cap hit?

why has that window closed to a small crack?

1. because it is hard to stay at the very top for a very long time.
2. It is a pandemic sweeping across the world.
3. because of covid, the league didnt make as much money this season and cap is based on profits
4. Bowen

The point of your post if I understood it was last season you gave them 2-3 years, which I don’t understand but because some of you seem to bank everything off Henry, I guess I can see your point, but then you said it’s now a window turned into a small crack. Before the draft, before free agency, before the season starts, it’s just a small crack. Coming off a 11-5 season. A team on the rise not the decline. It’s it’s now a crack?

Did you just say specifically it’s because of COVID and Bowen?

The point of your post if I understood it was last season you gave them 2-3 years, which I don’t understand but because some of you seem to bank everything off Henry, I guess I can see your point, but then you said it’s now a window turned into a small crack. Before the draft, before free agency, before the season starts, it’s just a small crack. Coming off a 11-5 season. A team on the rise not the decline. It’s it’s now a crack?

Did you just say specifically it’s because of COVID and Bowen?
The cap is because of Covid, yes. The cap is based off of profit, because they were not allowed to fill stadiums because of covid protocols they lost profit. Usually the cap rises each year, this season not only will it not rise, nor stay the same, it actually drops. It is going to be difficult to keep pieces we need much less go out and add pieces we need.

and Bowen... yes because defense wins championships, Bowen is terrible as a DC, so we wont be winning a championship.

Is the new cap actually announced as lower? I thought this was still only speculation and total BS if true.
No it hasnt, but its been pretty consistent for quite some time now.

NFL increases minimum salary cap to $180 million in 2021

Until the official cap is set, teams won't know exactly how much room they'll have to maneuver through free agency in 2021. At the very least, the new floor gives clubs a starting point to begin making plans ahead of the new league year, which opens on March 17.

The cap is because of Covid, yes. The cap is based off of profit, because they were not allowed to fill stadiums because of covid protocols they lost profit. Usually the cap rises each year, this season not only will it not rise, nor stay the same, it actually drops. It is going to be difficult to keep pieces we need much less go out and add pieces we need.

and Bowen... yes because defense wins championships, Bowen is terrible as a DC, so we wont be winning a championship.

Not even a reason to play the freakin games is there? It’s just over. Before the draft, Free Agency, nada, zip nothing. Why try? Ole Amy should just slash payroll. We should trade Tannehill, Henry and Brown and just stock up on draft picks and do a total rebuild for 5 years from now, just stockpile those draft picks.

Not even a reason to play the freakin games is there? It’s just over. Before the draft, Free Agency, nada, zip nothing. Why try? Ole Amy should just slash payroll. We should trade Tannehill, Henry and Brown and just stock up on draft picks and do a total rebuild for 5 years from now, just stockpile those draft picks.
I can see why you would want to do that, but that seems really dramatic to me. We still have a crack in the window, we should do our best to win while we can. Gonna be an uphill battle for sure, so I can understand your position, I just disagree with it.

No it hasnt, but its been pretty consistent for quite some time now.

NFL increases minimum salary cap to $180 million in 2021

Until the official cap is set, teams won't know exactly how much room they'll have to maneuver through free agency in 2021. At the very least, the new floor gives clubs a starting point to begin making plans ahead of the new league year, which opens on March 17.
Just to clear up the thread then, lots of talk regarding a "lower" cap when in all likelihood, that was probably never on the table.
At a minimum, as I expected, that Cap will at least stay the same.

All the talk regarding the cap being lower is invalid. Cap wasn't getting lowered.
That $5 mil in the article seems very reasonable. Less profits than normal but still massive amounts of profit. Cap increases a smaller amount than previous years.

Just to clear up the thread then, lots of talk regarding a "lower" cap when in all likelihood, that was probably never on the table.
At a minimum, as I expected, that Cap will at least stay the same.

All the talk regarding the cap being lower is invalid. Cap wasn't getting lowered.
That $5 mil in the article seems very reasonable. Less profits than normal but still massive amounts of profit. Cap increases a smaller amount than previous years.

The salary cap was $198.2 million last year, so it’s going down $15-$20 million. That’s huge.

The salary cap was $198.2 million last year, so it’s going down $15-$20 million. That’s huge.
The article posted says it was $175 mil and potentially increasing to $180 but I misread it. That is the MINIMUM cap.

With a minimum cap raising, I can't see the actual cap decreasing at all, that would make no sense.
So at a minimum, full expectations should be all around that the max cap is at least the same. Any talk of a drop doesn't really have any legitimacy.

The article posted says it was $175 mil and potentially increasing to $180 but I misread it. That is the MINIMUM cap.

With a minimum cap raising, I can't see the actual cap decreasing at all, that would make no sense.
So at a minimum, full expectations should be all around that the max cap is at least the same. Any talk of a drop doesn't really have any legitimacy.
That wasnt the minimum from last season... last season the cap was 198million..
usually, each season, the cap goes up around 10 mil.. so if this were a normal season, our cap would be around 208million for 2021-22.

As of right this moment, the NFL has said it wont drop below 180mil.. As of a week ago they were saying it would not drop below 175mil.

So they have raised the minimum of the upcoming season 5mil. There is a very small chance that it wont be decreased and stick around 198mil, but everyone with any knowledge doesnt think so. They are all predicting it goes down this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back