Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you,,, so if Wentz is elite, so is Tannehill. Love it if the Colts do it, but hate the Titans doing the same thing. All these people in here rag on the Titans and Vrabel and Robinson and then nut hug the Colts. What have the Colts done with Frank Reich? Actually NOTHING. Vrabel has easily had the most success with arguably much less talent. That’s why the Colts, particularly with Wentz don’t scare me. They were better with Rivers. If the Titans fix the defense, and that’s a big if, they are an elite team.
I feel the Colts and the Titans are pretty even. We have the better offense and they have the better defense. These two are going to slug it out for the next few seasons in all likelihood. Not t sure f Urban is going to translate well with the Jags, hope not as every division needs a dog.

So let me get this straight.

Wentz=Tannehill

But the titans are still in a better spot despite being worse at literally every position other than RB? Lol ok

As usual... not what I said. I think Tannehill is a better QB than Wentz. Not equal.
We were worse at every single position? This is my point. Why do you even follow this team? You don’t even know this team. You don’t really appear to like this team. You are a Colts fan. They can do no wrong in your eyes.

Titans have a better offense and it’s really not close. The Colts defense is better and it was really not close. But to say the only position we are better is RB shows you really don’t know what your are talking about. AJ Brown had a better season than Hilton and Pascal combined. The Titans WR group was really good. Our TE was better.

The Titans are a better team. There is no measure you can argue that rationally. We won the division and they didn’t. Se outscored them. Put up 45 on that great defense.

LOL.

I feel the Colts and the Titans are pretty even. We have the better offense and they have the better defense. These two are going to slug it out for the next few seasons in all likelihood. Not t sure f Urban is going to translate well with the Jags, hope not as every division needs a dog.

Exactly what I said and what I think as well. If the Titans defense improves just to average we are easily the better team. The Colts receiver group is trash. Hilton probably walks. He is going to cost too much and he is on the wrong side of 31 and not dominate anymore. They just have a bunch of guys like we used to have. Nothing to get to excited about. Defense is solid.

As usual... not what I said. I think Tannehill is a better QB than Wentz. Not equal.
We were worse at every single position? This is my point. Why do you even follow this team? You don’t even know this team. You don’t really appear to like this team. You are a Colts fan. They can do no wrong in your eyes.

Titans have a better offense and it’s really not close. The Colts defense is better and it was really not close. But to say the only position we are better is RB shows you really don’t know what your are talking about. AJ Brown had a better season than Hilton and Pascal combined. The Titans WR group was really good. Our TE was better.

The Titans are a better team. There is no measure you can argue that rationally. We won the division and they didn’t. Se outscored them. Put up 45 on that great defense.

LOL.
Tannehill was pretty much wentz in Miami, to assume he takes a leap on a better team like tanne did isn't a stretch, it's realistic.

Rb titans
Oline colts
Wr/te remains to be seen call it a push
Dline colts
Linebacker colts
Corners/safeties colts
Special teams colts

You're right our offense was better.....by 1.2 points per game lol, and we're likely losing our te1, wr2 and our workhorse back has another 2k on his odometer.

Colts also had a significantly better point differential than the titans.

Titans and colts were pretty similar teams last year, but the Colts have the money to improve, whereas the titans will be lucky to match last year's success.

Titanmark expects our defense to take a big step forward despite keeping the same DC and having no money to sign any impact players.

All the while expecting the Colts to stay the same/get worse despite an excess of cap space?

And this dude acts like other people arent realistic LOL

Tannehill was pretty much wentz in Miami, to assume he takes a leap on a better team like tanne did isn't a stretch, it's realistic.

Rb titans
Oline colts
Wr/te remains to be seen call it a push
Dline colts
Linebacker colts
Corners/safeties colts
Special teams colts

You're right our offense was better.....by 1.2 points per game lol, and we're likely losing our te1, wr2 and our workhorse back has another 2k on his odometer.

Colts also had a significantly better point differential than the titans.

Titans and colts were pretty similar teams last year, but the Colts have the money to improve, whereas the titans will be lucky to match last year's success.
I agree with everything beside WR/TE.
Colts should be glad that Pittman looks like a solid NFL receiver, because he's really the only one they have on the roster. TY was awful until late in the season, and he may be gone. Zach Pascal and others are barely roster worthy.

Jack Doyle is Jack Doyle. Mo Alie Cox is a basketball project that really hasn't amounted to much.

To me, AJ Brown is better than all of their weapons combined. And Firkser is similar to Doyle. Both receiving corps need work, for sure. Colts don't have that one stellar receiver, at this point.

But every other position that you listed, you're right, without question. And as far as receiving threats from the RB position, every team beats the Titans in that regard. Especially Hines on the Colts.

Colts should be glad that Pittman looks like a solid NFL receiver, because he's really the only one they have on the roster. TY was awful until late in the season, and he may be gone. Zach Pascal and others are barely roster worthy.

Jack Doyle is Jack Doyle. Mo Alie Cox is a basketball project that really hasn't amounted to much.

To me, AJ Brown is better than all of their weapons combined. And Firkser is similar to Doyle. Both receiving corps need work, for sure. Colts don't have that one stellar receiver, at this point.

But every other position that you listed, you're right, without question.
As it stands right now we have the better wr/te group no doubt. However we are likely losing jonnu+cd, leaving us with aj brown and scraps.

The colts have money to spend on a wr (cd, juju, arob, golladay, Godwin) and the draft is pretty wr heavy as well and they have the luxury of being able to draft a wr early because they don't have as many glaring holes as us.

I left it as a push because so much is up in the air with both teams that I think it could go either way.

The Titans will have as much cap room as they need. Why do some of you not understand that? There are people who think if we lose Corey, we sign JuJu Smith Schuster.

Y’all quit playing like you understand how the cap works because it quite obvious you don’t. The Titans are above the cap and can move stuff around, no they aren’t in the same spot as the Colts financially , but the Colts also lost their LT so their OLIne isn’t better. You act like they just have pro bowlers waiting around for the Colts to call. You have to find the players. Even signing Free Agents as we have seen isn’t an automatic. What measure have he Colts done better with free agent signings? They can go spend the $40 million they have left and it not work. They have a lot of holes to fill. It’s clear you don’t even look anything up. The Colts have WAY more impact players that are UFA than do the Titans. They don’t really have as much money as you think. The Titans have a bunch of players too but only 1 that’s will command big money.

Hilton
Pascal
Houston
Autry
Hooker
Burton
Cox
Brissett
Rhodes
Allen ( punter )

They have so much cap space because they have 22 players from their roster who are UFA or RFA of some kind, they all have to be signed or replaced. They aren’t getting less money. If you just did a tad bit of research you would know this. I know they have more money. But those players I listed are core players. What do you think Hilton, Houston and Autry are going to cost? Plus they need receivers. That Cap money can go in a hurry.

The Jags and Browns and a host of other teams have a lot of cap space every year. You have to spend it right. Even then sometimes it doesn’t work out,

Colts have Pittman and Doyle under contract. By NO measure is their WR/TE group a push with us. NONE. You are either intentionally being contrary or you have no idea what you are talking about, I have my opinion on that.

Two teams have the same record last season.

One has more money to spend than the other.

Pretty obvious which team is in the better position going forward.

You're literally grasping at straws bud

The Titans will have as much cap room as they need. Why do some of you not understand that? There are people who think if we lose Corey, we sign JuJu Smith Schuster.

Y’all quit playing like you understand how the cap works because it quite obvious you don’t. The Titans are above the cap and can move stuff around, no they aren’t in the same spot as the Colts financially , but the Colts also lost their LT so their OLIne isn’t better. You act like they just have pro bowlers waiting around for the Colts to call. You have to find the players. Even signing Free Agents as we have seen isn’t an automatic. What measure have he Colts done better with free agent signings? They can go spend the $40 million they have left and it not work. They have a lot of holes to fill. It’s clear you don’t even look anything up. The Colts have WAY more impact players that are UFA than do the Titans. They don’t really have as much money as you think. The Titans have a bunch of players too but only 1 that’s will command big money.

Hilton
Pascal
Houston
Autry
Hooker
Burton
Cox
Brissett
Rhodes
Allen ( punter )

They have so much cap space because they have 22 players from their roster who are UFA or RFA of some kind, they all have to be signed or replaced. They aren’t getting less money. If you just did a tad bit of research you would know this. I know they have more money. But those players I listed are core players. What do you think Hilton, Houston and Autry are going to cost? Plus they need receivers. That Cap money can go in a hurry.

The Jags and Browns and a host of other teams have a lot of cap space every year. You have to spend it right. Even then sometimes it doesn’t work out,

Colts have Pittman and Doyle under contract. By NO measure is their WR/TE group a push with us. NONE. You are either intentionally being contrary or you have no idea what you are talking about, I have my opinion on that.
Didn't we speak about Brissett before?
Now he's a "core player"?

Cool u were still wrong as usual

Cool.. what’s was a wrong about? Vegas odds? Right now? Score the free agent period is even started? Before the Draft?

I’m wrong about as much as you are right.

I ask you again... hopefully you will eventually answer. Why are you even a fan of this team? Why do you waste your time here?

[
He is now. Have you seen Wentz ability or lack there of to stay on the field? 3 of 5 seasons he doesn’t play all 16 games.

Brisket is a good backup. But he isn’t a full season starter.
If he's as bad as you said he was, that cannot possibly make him a core player.

That just makes him the guy in a mandatory position of QB #2.

With that explanation, you're saying that everyone in a position that must be filled is a "core player".

Plus, I'll go review the footage (the previous Brissett conversations) but I'm pretty sure that "good backup" comment is far from how you described him before.

EDIT: I went back to the conversation, it's the "good" that was out of place and not mentioned previously.

Last edited by a moderator:

But every other position that you listed, you're right, without question. And as far as receiving threats from the RB position, every team beats the Titans in that regard. Especially Hines on the Colts.
I disagree about pascal barely being roster worthy. He may not pick up big receiving stats, but he is one of best blockers on the team especially for some of Taylor's big runs. Titans wr and tes were overall better than the colts. I think taylor may be mentioned in same sentence with henry this upcoming season.

Greg Ward
Alshon Jefferey
DeSean Jackson
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Jalen Reagor
Dallas Goedert
Zach Ertz

vs.

Michael Pittman Jr.
Paris Campbell
Jack Doyle
That wont be the Colts WR group. You leave off TY Hilton and dont account for a free agent they will bring in or a WR they will draft.
The colts have the most cap space in the league and this is both a loaded FA and draft class of WRs.

The eagles drafted Arcega-Whitside over DK Metcalf, and Jalen Raegor over Justin Jefferson... they're terrible at WR evaluation.

Cool.. what’s was a wrong about? Vegas odds? Right now? Score the free agent period is even started? Before the Draft?

I’m wrong about as much as you are right.

I ask you again... hopefully you will eventually answer. Why are you even a fan of this team? Why do you waste your time here?
Being a fan of a team doesn't mean you have to love everything about them and defend every move they make.

I've defended tannehill countless times. Never spoken poorly of brown, Henry, jonnu, etc. Just because I'm not delusional doesn't mean I hate the team.

You literally post the most outlandish pro-titans posts all the time and get so upset and defensive when someone plays devil's advocate.

Perfect example when brisset was going to start for the Colts he stunk, now that they're losing brisket he was a core piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back