Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad.. he took the job knowing Watson wanted out. He is stuck with a hornets nest.
Not if he doesn’t trade him. May call Watson’s bluff. It happened before. Teams usually don’t trade their best player in his prime - especially QB. Once Cully spends some time with him, it may calm down pretty quickly. But, this being the Texans, who knows.

Not if he doesn’t trade him. May call Watson’s bluff. It happened before. Teams usually don’t trade their best player in his prime - especially QB. Once Cully spends some time with him, it may calm down pretty quickly. But, this being the Texans, who knows.

I guess anything is possible is the view you are taking, But Watson has officially requested a trade and is not talking to the team. The entire team is on fire, they all want out. It’s a deep seeded ownership issue. Calling his bluff doesn’t happen with superstars in today’s pro sports. Watson will show up and half ass it and pout like James Harden did. This is why he signed the contract when he did. He wanted the money. I think Watson is in a much better negotiating position than anyone knows. He has something that he will use to hurt the team if he holds out. The new GM said we have no intention of trading him. No intention is not the same as we are NOT trading him. Watson is gone.

Anything is possible, I see Stafford going to Indy and Golladay in FA

Apparently the Rams are rumored to be interested in trading for Stafford but not having a 1st round pick could make it difficult

Sources: Rams explore Stafford trade scenarios

Because, and I’ve noticed this. Their are a few of you that concoct the worst case scenario in your mind for the Titans and say that’s what will happen. I get Stafford. But no where has it been reported Golladay wants to or will go where Stafford goes. Every FA is said to be going to all the top cap space teams. He can just as easy go to the Jets for Watson or the Jags for Lawrence. Stafford could also end up in New England. How long you figure Bellichick is going to stew about Brady making a SB without him? He is going free agent hunting this off season. The Patriots have as much to spend as the Colts.

Because, and I’ve noticed this. Their are a few of you that concoct the worst case scenario in your mind for the Titans and say that’s what will happen. I get Stafford. But no where has it been reported Golladay wants to or will go where Stafford goes. Every FA is said to be going to all the top cap space teams. He can just as easy go to the Jets for Watson or the Jags for Lawrence. Stafford could also end up in New England. How long you figure Bellichick is going to stew about Brady making a SB without him? He is going free agent hunting this off season. The Patriots have as much to spend as the Colts.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't think my opinion had to line up with what is being reported...my crystal ball is broke so please forgive me for having a guess what will happen in FA and trades
Agree any one of those are viable scenarios but you know as much as I do...nothing

As far as Belicheat, Idc what he thinks or wants, its pretty obvious Brady was the system

Oh I'm sorry I didn't think my opinion had to line up with what is being reported...my crystal ball is broke so please forgive me for having a guess what will happen in FA and trades
Agree any one of those are viable scenarios but you know as much as I do...nothing

As far as Belicheat, Idc what he thinks or wants, its pretty obvious Brady was the system

We know nothing? That’s just not possible.

He clearly takes it all very personally and is pushing hard to get out. I hope he does get traded out of the AFC South. Certainly adds drama to the off season.

Yea.. Texans send a message That they aren’t trading him and he is a Houston Texan so then Watson sends a message back. I think he knew exactly what he was doing when he signed that extension and got the no trade clause. He knew then he was going to do this. The Texans got played badly, I don’t think they will get the package back for him their fans hope they will. Watson clearly appears ready to not play. Even if they do trade him and they will they still get tagged with a $21 million cap hit.

Yea.. Texans send a message That they aren’t trading him and he is a Houston Texan so then Watson sends a message back. I think he knew exactly what he was doing when he signed that extension and got the no trade clause. He knew then he was going to do this. The Texans got played badly, I don’t think they will get the package back for him their fans hope they will. Watson clearly appears ready to not play. Even if they do trade him and they will they still get tagged with a $21 million cap hit.
Injury to ego is just as costly as physical injury in this case. Compensation will be tied to competition in bidding for him. Someone usually overpays. If I were the Texans, I would help facilitate a trade with the understanding that a restructure is tied to it to lessen the blow.

Injury to ego is just as costly as physical injury in this case. Compensation will be tied to competition in bidding for him. Someone usually overpays. If I were the Texans, I would help facilitate a trade with the understanding that a restructure is tied to it to lessen the blow.

The Texans are screwed up so badly I’m not sure they can ask anyone for any understandings. The Texans would have to restructure with Watson prior to trade to see any benefit and I don’t see Watson doing them any favors at this point. If he restructures with new team I don’t think that helps the Texans. But if it does why would a new team do anything to help the Texans? Lower overall cost in draft capitol. Texans are skewed. Watson and his agent played this beautifully.

The Texans are screwed up so badly I’m not sure they can ask anyone for any understandings. The Texans would have to restructure with Watson prior to trade to see any benefit and I don’t see Watson doing them any favors at this point. If he restructures with new team I don’t think that helps the Texans. But if it does why would a new team do anything to help the Texans? Lower overall cost in draft capitol. Texans are skewed. Watson and his agent played this beautifully.
It’s actually not that unusual. The Texans and the trading party would agree to terms with Watson, he signs the new deal and gets his preferred destination. There is no emotion tied to it, just a business transaction. Although, the Texans are such a mess I’m not going to be surprised to see an ignorant event arise.

Watson will pull a Carson Palmer... then Houston will - should - trade him to get something for him.

It worked equally well for Palmer and Cincinnati.

It’s actually not that unusual. The Texans and the trading party would agree to terms with Watson, he signs the new deal and gets his preferred destination. There is no emotion tied to it, just a business transaction. Although, the Texans are such a mess I’m not going to be surprised to see an ignorant event arise.

Agreed.. that’s my point. I think it has potential emotional and personal to DW4. Easterby contacted his mother. I think Watson is pissed.

I see Watson hurting his own value a little with the tantrums. I get what he wants and Houston has made so many mistakes along the way, including adding him to the GM hunt group.
They gave Watson all that power and are seeing the rewards.

Good for us.

With a great OL and receivers. There is NO measure where the Texans didn’t have a lot more talent than the Jets. Put Darnold on the Texans squad and he does better. I undervalue his year this season because they had NO running game and played from behind every game. They had to pass a lot. THill literally had a similar year. Watson beat him in yards. If THill threw the ball as much as Watson did he would have about 4500 yards. Watson isn’t Mahomes or Rodgers. He is closer to LJ than either of those guys, He is really good and a great talent, but past that what does he do special? He extends plays. That’s it. He is great coming from behind getting meaningless stats when a game is already decided, he is the GOAT against the prevent defense,

Why were they a dumpster fire this season?

lol I’m sorry but the Texans have not had a great OL with Watson as QB. That’s why they went out and Tunsil to try and help.

TitanMark thinks all republicans are racist. It all makes sense now. Time for him to finally go on ignore. Now back to the thread topic...

As for Watson, he won’t be traded lol he can kick and scream all he wants but he signed there long term and he will not see a dime of that money if he sits out. He’s gotta sleep in the bed he made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back