Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Watson hurting his own value a little with the tantrums. I get what he wants and Houston has made so many mistakes along the way, including adding him to the GM hunt group.
They gave Watson all that power and are seeing the rewards.

Good for us.
Don’t underestimate the power of ownership and management to ignore that and place the blame on the Texans. If they do open up a bidding war, he will be costly to obtain. An owner like Snyder or even Jones might well do it. I think the trade value will be about what we got in the Goff trade. Hopefully the Texans will waste them worse than we did. Yeah I know hysterical contingent we got Henry out of all that and I’m glad. The rest of the king’s ransom is pretty much gone.

lol I’m sorry but the Texans have not had a great OL with Watson as QB. That’s why they went out and Tunsil to try and help.

Watson has only been there 4 seasons and they upgraded the OL last year. This is a classic coaching issue, they have very good talent on that OL.

Tunsil
Scharping
Martin
Fulton
Howard

That core should be great.

Watson has only been there 4 seasons and they upgraded the OL last year. This is a classic coaching issue, they have very good talent on that OL.

Tunsil
Scharping
Martin
Fulton
Howard

That core should be great.
They were the 23rd ranked OL last year with only Tunsil getting a decent grade. Their rep as been a weak OL for several years. They did pay the high price for Tunsil and that seems to have worked out this year, but not sure you can elevate the rest to very good talent.

They were the 23rd ranked OL last year with only Tunsil getting a decent grade. Their rep as been a weak OL for several years. They did pay the high price for Tunsil and that seems to have worked out this year, but not sure you can elevate the rest to very good talent.

I not disputing their grade. I’m not disputing the sack totals which a lot of Texan fans blame on Watson, I am saying they are a talented group that is supposed to be playing at a high level. There are 2 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks in that group. Based on their talent level they should be better. Lots invested. That’s my only point.

I not disputing their grade. I’m not disputing the sack totals which a lot of Texan fans blame on Watson, I am saying they are a talented group that is supposed to be playing at a high level. There are 2 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks in that group. Based on their talent level they should be better. Lots invested. That’s my only point.
“Lots invested” does not necessarily equate to talent level. See Isiah Wilson. They have drafted high, but not sure they have drafted well. The investment was made, it just didn’t pay off so far.

edit: Also Fat Chance Warmack

Watson is a very good QB and is young. But him demanding a trade ties their hands. The best they can hope for is something similar to what the Rams got for Stafford. Honestly, Dallas them swapping Watson for Dak and a 1st round pick wouldn't be the worst case scenario for them. Maybe the Eagles do Wentz and 2 first round picks for him, but I wouldn't bet on that. Obviously the Dolphins and Tua have already been discussed. Washington and Chicago are probably interested as well, but I don't see them trading 3 1st rounders for Watson and that contract. And no do they trade Watson to Indy and have to play him twice every year.

Jets and Jags make the most sense because they have the draft capitol. But if some how the cowboys could sign and trade Dak and a first rounder that would be interesting, I just do not think the cap part would work.

The Dolphins also have the draft capitol to make the deal. I would like to see Watson out of the AFC South!

Watson is a very good QB and is young. But him demanding a trade ties their hands. The best they can hope for is something similar to what the Rams got for Stafford. Honestly, Dallas them swapping Watson for Dak and a 1st round pick wouldn't be the worst case scenario for them. Maybe the Eagles do Wentz and 2 first round picks for him, but I wouldn't bet on that. Obviously the Dolphins and Tua have already been discussed. Washington and Chicago are probably interested as well, but I don't see them trading 3 1st rounders for Watson and that contract. And no do they trade Watson to Indy and have to play him twice every year.
Wentz getting interest

Teams have begun calling Eagles on potential trade for Carson Wentz

The texans are currently 18m over the projected cap. They save around 30m if they cut watt and trade Watson. This puts them at 12m available. I dont see them trading for a good QB unless it is a draft pick or rookie contract. This takes Dak/Wentz off the table. Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Jags are the only teams that make sense to me if they want to get a QB out of this.

I also doubt they trade him in division, so I'll bet it's the jets, dolphins, broncos. (Not a hot take, I know)

If Texans are cool with tanking and rolling out McCarron or some other scrub QB, I could see WFT, vegas, chicago getting involved

Reports that Russel Wilson is unhappy in Seattle coming out.

Wanna feel sick to your stomach? Imagine Russel Wilson behind the Colts oline throwing to hilton/godwin against our defense. LOL

Reports that Russel Wilson is unhappy in Seattle coming out.

Wanna feel sick to your stomach? Imagine Russel Wilson behind the Colts oline throwing to hilton/godwin against our defense. LOL
Not that I'd be excited for Wilson to come to the South, but he's an example of QB that our lack of pass rush could benefit. I know he can throw but he also scrambles a lot and takes sacks in the process.

Those are just smart GM moves

Still cant see Houston letting a top 10 NFL player getting away.

I think their hands are tied and they’re hoping DW “cools off” with time. But everything I’m reading says it’s a foregone conclusion he’ll be moved out and that DW is adamant about getting out of the Texans organization.

I think their hands are tied and they’re hoping DW “cools off” with time. But everything I’m reading says it’s a foregone conclusion he’ll be moved out and that DW is adamant about getting out of the Texans organization.
As a Titans fan Id love to see the divisions best player get sent packing, but thats just bad football on their part if they do.

As a Titans fan Id love to see the divisions best player get sent packing, but thats just bad football on their part if they do.
Easterby maybe dumb enough to pull the trigger. I wonder if Watson really will sit out the season like he’s allegedly threatened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back