Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't trade Tua for him. Tua certainly didn't prove he was a franchise QB in 2020. Sell him while he still has that 1st round shine and get Watson who is absolutely a top 10 QB right now, and you could argue he's moving into that top 5 category with Brees retiring. Give them Tua, their 1st round pick back in 2020, and a couple more day 2 picks between this year and next year.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't trade Tua for him. Tua certainly didn't prove he was a franchise QB in 2020. Sell him while he still has that 1st round shine and get Watson who is absolutely a top 10 QB right now, and you could argue he's moving into that top 5 category with Brees retiring. Give them Tua, their 1st round pick back in 2020, and a couple more day 2 picks between this year and next year.
Watson is definitely the better QB, but I think Tua needs a little more time than 1/2 a season to prove that he is a franchise QB...and if the thinking is he isn't, why would Houston make that trade?

I don't see Watson being a Texan either...Houston is appeasing the fans right now...making it seem they are doing everything to keep him...they just lost a fan favorite in Watt...Watson will get traded, the draft picks they could get are too much to turn down

I think Watson to the Jets for Darnold and picks

Watson is gone. Done. He never plays another down for the Texans. IMHO ....

But I’m right about this one... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Watson is definitely the better QB, but I think Tua needs a little more time than 1/2 a season to prove that he is a franchise QB...and if the thinking is he isn't, why would Houston make that trade?

Tua could absolutely be a franchise QB. But Watson already is one. If I'm Houston and I want a QB in return for Watson, I'm taking Tua over Darnold or Bridgewater. Personally, I would pass on a QB in return and just take as many picks as possible, then draft Wilson or Fields.

Tua could absolutely be a franchise QB. But Watson already is one. If I'm Houston and I want a QB in return for Watson, I'm taking Tua over Darnold or Bridgewater. Personally, I would pass on a QB in return and just take as many picks as possible, then draft Wilson or Fields.

But if they can get the QB, then you can flip him for another pick or 2. I think you take the player if it’s offered. Darnold could play a year while the rookie gets ready.

I don't see Watson being a Texan either...Houston is appeasing the fans right now...making it seem they are doing everything to keep him...they just lost a fan favorite in Watt...Watson will get traded, the draft picks they could get are too much to turn down

I think Watson to the Jets for Darnold and picks

I can promise you they are not appeasing the fans lol. Fans are furious. But Houston fans are fairweafher fans anyway. They’ll get it over. However; houston won’t be trading him. Like I’ve been saying he has no leverage. If he sits Texans save money. He signed that deal after the Hopkins trade. That’s on him. No one else. He had his chance to get out and instead he signed a huge deal.

1) Tua is cheeks. He can’t throw 5 yard routes for TD’s in the NFL lol

2) if I’m Houston I don’t want a young QB in return because if you couldn’t win with Watson on your squad you aren’t winning with a 2nd or 3 year guy. Give me picks and let me choose my next QB myself.

I can promise you they are not appeasing the fans lol. Fans are furious. But Houston fans are fairweafher fans anyway. They’ll get it over. However; houston won’t be trading him. Like I’ve been saying he has no leverage. If he sits Texans save money. He signed that deal after the Hopkins trade. That’s on him. No one else. He had his chance to get out and instead he signed a huge deal.
How are they furious? Watson hasn't been traded...yet...so right now they are saying all the right things to appease the fans

Dman is ignoring me I am sure, but I want this on the record.

Watson never plays another inning for the Texans of Houston, period. He is gone. Jets or Carolina

To say Watson has no leverage is tone deaf to today’s pro sports society, Superstars get what they want. It’s bad enough in Houston now, can you imagine if Houston plays too tough with this and Watson sits and then they get nothing for him. They can get a kings ransom for him right now and draft a good prospect not on an enormous cap hit contract. If the Texans don’t trade him and he sits out they will be forced to trade him but have to take much less to dump him. Next season his cap hit is $45 million.

Watson has all the leverage. The fans don’t blame him, they blame Cal. The PR battle is all that matters.

Watson never plays another inning for the Texans of Houston, period. He is gone. Jets or Carolina

To say Watson has no leverage is tone deaf to today’s pro sports society, Superstars get what they want. It’s bad enough in Houston now, can you imagine if Houston plays too tough with this and Watson sits and then they get nothing for him. They can get a kings ransom for him right now and draft a good prospect not on an enormous cap hit contract. If the Texans don’t trade him and he sits out they will be forced to trade him but have to take much less to dump him. Next season his cap hit is $45 million.

Watson has all the leverage. The fans don’t blame him, they blame Cal. The PR battle is all that matters.
They absolutely let this get away from them and really the best thing is get a massive haul for him and move on.

Houston needs to trade him for a boatload of picks, not sure if getting Bridgewater or Darnold will make a difference

Get a top QB in the draft and start with him

Jets have the #2...draft Wilson or Fields or if Jax doesn't take Lawrence....Jets have 2 firsts next year as well, I think thats the team I target, plus Watson is good with going there...win win

Houston needs to trade him for a boatload of picks, not sure if getting Bridgewater or Darnold will make a difference

Get a top QB in the draft and start with him

Jets have the #2...draft Wilson or Fields or if Jax doesn't take Lawrence....Jets have 2 firsts next year as well, I think thats the team I target, plus Watson is good with going there...win win
If they get a Bridgewater of Darnold as “throw in” take em and let them help transition.

As I've been saying, it's the Carson Palmer vs Cincinnati Bengals all over again.

That worked out great for both sides.

Its tough to tell right now, everyone is keeping their cards close to their chests
Probably be a draft day trade?
I think a litttle prior to the draft because scouting is already compromised with C-19 restrictions. If Houston pulls the trigger, then they will want as much time to evaluate prospects at those newly acquired slots as possible. But, Houston is being run by Ringling Brothers rejects so who knows what happens. Watson may spend the season in Bermuda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back