Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a litttle prior to the draft because scouting is already compromised with C-19 restrictions. If Houston pulls the trigger, then they will want as much time to evaluate prospects at those newly acquired slots as possible. But, Houston is being run by Ringling Brothers rejects so who knows what happens. Watson may spend the season in Bermuda.
Makes for an interesting off season for sure

They absolutely let this get away from them and really the best thing is get a massive haul for him and move on.

Yes they did ... badly. Worst run franchise in the NFL. You could see it coming for the last few years. Watson and Watt kept it hidden but they have been in trouble for years.

As I've been saying, it's the Carson Palmer vs Cincinnati Bengals all over again.

That worked out great for both sides.

I know the fans don’t want it. But I actually think if I was Houston it makes sense and it’s better long term for them to trade him. They have to pretend they aren’t going to trade him and shift blame to him, but they suck now with or without him and they will for a few years. Why not trade him and get a ton of draft picks and save the money as well.

Dman will never accept this. He is right and it doesn’t matter. Even whenWatson is traded he will still say Watson is a Texan and it’s all fake news. lol.

You mean like this....
I can promise you they are not appeasing the fans lol. Fans are furious. But Houston fans are fairweafher fans anyway. They’ll get it over. However; houston won’t be trading him. Like I’ve been saying he has no leverage. If he sits Texans save money. He signed that deal after the Hopkins trade. That’s on him. No one else. He had his chance to get out and instead he signed a huge deal.

They are furious at the management of the team lol between Hopkins, JJ, and now Watson wanting out.

Another possibility that would screw the Texans..... Watson opts out of 2021 season because of COVID.

Lopez: Deshaun Watson might have a magic bullet – and it’s awful for the Texans
"Last year, players who opted out received $150,000 of their salary, roster bonuses and workout bonuses, but lost their remaining 2020 salary. "

Why would Watson do this though? I don't understand. 21 mill to play somewhere you don't want to beats 150k to not play at all I'd imagine?

"Last year, players who opted out received $150,000 of their salary, roster bonuses and workout bonuses, but lost their remaining 2020 salary. "

Why would Watson do this though? I don't understand. 21 mill to play somewhere you don't want to beats 150k to not play at all I'd imagine?

If the Texans play hardball it hurts them for him to sit out. That’s why. He already has the money.

Exactly! Him saying he will sit out is just trying to force their hand. No way he actually does though and I think the Texans are prepared to call his bluff.

This is why I have been saying Watson has no leverage. If he sits Texans save millions and get high draft picks to help then rebuild. They obviously want him to play but if he doesn’t, they save money and get high draft picks.

Exactly! Him saying he will sit out is just trying to force their hand. No way he actually does though and I think the Texans are prepared to call his bluff.

This is why I have been saying Watson has no leverage. If he sits Texans save millions and get high draft picks to help then rebuild. They obviously want him to play but if he doesn’t, they save money and get high draft picks.
Watson is playing the long game. I am sure he will sit out. He has the money to sacrifice and he has public opinion on his side. I believe he does have leverage and will force a trade. The longer it goes on, the lower the return for Houston.

Watson is playing the long game. I am sure he will sit out. He has the money to sacrifice and he has public opinion on his side. I believe he does have leverage and will force a trade. The longer it goes on, the lower the return for Houston.

Bingo! The team has NO leverage and they are stupid for not trading him before the draft when they could get crazy draft rich off of it. The Texans won’t be good for years if they keep Watson. They have a shit if they trade him and get a young QB on a rookie deal and a ton of picks.

To say Watson has no leverage is just, well, I don’t know how stupid that is.

The Texans will trade him. they just announced they aren’t tagging or signing Will Fuller. Watson would have demanding he come back if he was staying, No way they keep Watson and play hardball with him. No way.

His value does not decrease if the Texans aren’t even taking phone calls for him.

His value does not decrease if the Texans aren’t even taking phone calls for him.
If it goes past the draft, his “bounty” will decrease and teams that might have traded for him may draft a QB high. The urgency and value always seems to drop post draft on trade prospects. The iron is hot now, and the bidding will be stronger now, before any other options unfold for teams who may want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back