Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it goes past the draft, his “bounty” will decrease and teams that might have traded for him may draft a QB high. The urgency and value always seems to drop post draft on trade prospects. The iron is hot now, and the bidding will be stronger now, before any other options unfold for teams who may want him.

With the salary cap situation this year and the fact that the Texans aren’t even answering the phone I just don’t agree with that stance.

As soon as the Texans say they are listening that will be when his value is the highest. Too many teams can’t obtain him because of the salary cap situation right now.

With the salary cap situation this year and the fact that the Texans aren’t even answering the phone I just don’t agree with that stance.

As soon as the Texans say they are listening that will be when his value is the highest. Too many teams can’t obtain him because of the salary cap situation right now.
He has a very team friendly contract, and many tams have the cap space to get him. Jags Jets Pats all have $60M+ and a need at QB

NY seems like the team most capable, they hold the #2 overall pick that would allow Houston to replace their QB easily.

By not taking calls, the Texans are simply forcing teams to offer more to get their attention. There are many teams that absolutely have the room to afford him. Others will make room if need be. None of us know for sure what these loons will do, but the smart money is trade haul and minimize damage and disharmony.

A players value is always worth a shed load more if you decline availibility as you'll have less teams going for it offering more.

Teams who shop around to sell off a player will get less in return.

He has a very team friendly contract, and many tams have the cap space to get him. Jags Jets Pats all have $60M+ and a need at QB

NY seems like the team most capable, they hold the #2 overall pick that would allow Houston to replace their QB easily.

Watson has a no trade clause. Jags and Pats aren’t on his approved list as far as I know.

By not taking calls, the Texans are simply forcing teams to offer more to get their attention. There are many teams that absolutely have the room to afford him. Others will make room if need be. None of us know for sure what these loons will do, but the smart money is trade haul and minimize damage and disharmony.

He has a no trade clause though so he has limited who can actually go after him.

I think Watson is at the point where he will be pretty open- minded about a new club. He really can’t stand the Texans’ front office and ownership apparently.

Watson has made NYJ as one of the teams he would waive his no trade for, they have the #2 pick, they have 2 firsts next year, Darnold....what's the hold up? Lol

If they offer Watson for tannehill, do you do it?
Gotta say yep. Wish the Tex A&M Texans crowd would push for it. But it just would never happen.

Ok- couldn’t even press post reply before second thoughts creep in. We’re good with what we’ve got.

Probably need to attach at least 2 firsts to tanne for Watson. I still think you do it with no second thought. Doesn't make sense for Houston though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back