Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang man... you are lost. The world is a much different place than where you actually live. I feel bad for you. I truly do.

My prayer for you is that you don’t have any women in your family or close to you that are victimized by a man in any way simply by virtue of them being women or doing their jobs. It’s clear you have certain very old ideas about sexual assault and why it happens. Let me be perfectly clear, sexual assault is about power not sex. It’s not about what they are wearing how they look. It’s violence not sex.

Here is a question though... so along the lines of your theory that Watson just got the wrong idea. He got the wrong idea with 15 and counting different women who don’t know each other? Just a coincidence? 15 ? You can’t be serious?

I hope, I truly hope you don’t really feel the way you come off. I hope you just have trouble properly writing your feelings.

hey thanks for your good wishes and prayers. I reassure you I’m doing fine in all aspects of my life, including relationships, personal and professional, across all demographics.

Let’s wait hear what Watson says, if he chooses to say anything. Folks have already tried him in the court of public opinion. Definitely been found guilty there. I doubt we ever hear the truth of any of this. It’s a feeding frenzy now. That’s how a pile on works.

This says a lot more about you than it does about anyone actually involved in the situation.
As does yours. I understand how these civil suit allegations work.

why the initial six figure offer by the plaintiff’s to settle? Why not just go straight to the district attorney?

hey thanks for your good wishes and prayers. I reassure you I’m doing fine in all aspects of my life, including relationships, personal and professional, across all demographics.

Let’s wait hear what Watson says, if he chooses to say anything. Folks have already tried him in the court of public opinion. Definitely been found guilty there. I doubt we ever hear the truth of any of this. It’s a feeding frenzy now. That’s how a pile on works.

He is guilty. Guilty of a pattern of conduct. He is guilty of being a moron at this point, no way to dispute that. that’s my only point. Guilty of a crime? I don’t know that, I’m not saying that’s been proven. It hasn’t been.

I think it is very possible he has been soliciting sex workers on Instagram and there could be a ton of women out there that did have sex with him and didn’t object. But he tried that with women that did object and he messed up. Even if a sex worker objects, no means no. if they said NO, then no means no.

why the initial six figure offer by the plaintiff’s to settle? Why not just go straight to the district attorney?
Sure, my response does say more about me. That’s how bias works. Of course, I haven’t made any presumptions about guilt or innocence or motive, so there’s that.

I don’t know how these civil suits work. Glad you understand it all.

I don’t think the initial case was criminal. Buzbee decided it was civil.

Many reasons why people go through the civil process first. The burden of proof is lower in a civil case than a criminal case (preponderance vs. beyond a reasonable doubt). In addition, in Texas, the civil and criminal discovery processes are completely different.

To simply put it, in civil cases, the parties engage in reciprocal discovery (i.e. both parties have to turn over documents to each other, potentially submit to depositions, respond to interrogatories and admissions, etc.). In Texas, criminal discovery is, for the most part, the State turning over evidence to the Defendant after they request it, and not vice versa. Using the civil process first could lead to the discovery of evidence to be used in a criminal process (not as likely as the Fifth Amendment still applies in civil cases). Finally, there is a greater potential for receiving monetary damages in a civil case than in a criminal case.

Regardless, while there have been a lot of lawsuits filed, everyone should keep in mind that the process is only in its initial stages and obviously the filings in a petition are designed to make the claims a Petitioner are raising look in the best possible light. It looks potentially bad for Watson right now, but facts may come out that cast doubt on the allegations.

Many reasons why people go through the civil process first. The burden of proof is lower in a civil case than a criminal case (preponderance vs. beyond a reasonable doubt). In addition, in Texas, the civil and criminal discovery processes are completely different.

To simply put it, in civil cases, the parties engage in reciprocal discovery (i.e. both parties have to turn over documents to each other, potentially submit to depositions, respond to interrogatories and admissions, etc.). In Texas, criminal discovery is, for the most part, the State turning over evidence to the Defendant after they request it, and not vice versa. Using the civil process first could lead to the discovery of evidence to be used in a criminal process (not as likely as the Fifth Amendment still applies in civil cases). Finally, there is a greater potential for receiving monetary damages in a civil case than in a criminal case.

Regardless, while there have been a lot of lawsuits filed, everyone should keep in mind that the process is only in its initial stages and obviously the filings in a petition are designed to make the claims a Petitioner are raising look in the best possible light. It looks potentially bad for Watson right now, but facts may come out that cast doubt on the allegations.
Didn’t you read? He already understands how these civil case allegations work!

But, I thank you for a detailed explaination.

yes. Civil where the $$$ is.

Didn’t you read? He already understands how these civil case allegations work!

But, I thank you for a detailed explaination.
I actually do know the entire process.

my point in even posting is to get folks to put down the pitchforks. Don’t be quick to judge Watson, it’s still just in the court of public opinion. A smear campaign to tarnish Watson’s otherwise good reputation. The truth of all this will come out if Watson chooses not to settle.

my point in even posting is to get folks to put down the pitchforks. Don’t be quick to judge Watson, it’s still just in the court of public opinion. A smear campaign to tarnish Watson’s otherwise good reputation. The truth of all this will come out if Watson chooses not to settle.

Have you see the details of the last 3 lawsuits that have come out?

Correct. That’s where the money is. That’s my point. And Buzbee didn’t decide- it was the plaintiff with the complaint. She (now they) haven chosen the money route.

You claim to understand civil litigation, but then you make it sound as though seeming monetary damages in civil litigation is somehow wrong. That’s how civil works. You get money. Civil justice is all about receiving monetary damages. You don’t sue just to sue. Civil punishment is MONEY.

You’re calling for people to put down the pitchforks (which, they should) and then calling it a “smear campaign.” Do you see the problem?

Damn Riverman, you really gonna go down on that sinking boat.

Do you believe Bill Cosby and Sandusky as well?

The exact same story from 7 different masseuses, The guy has a serious fetish. It is basically established now.

btw.. more coming.

Yes. Also haven’t heard DW’s response to the entirety of complaints. I’m sure we will when the pile on is done. Provided of course he chooses not to settle.

This isn t just getting settled and poof it goes away. You aren’t paying attention.

They have proof. This now tied to the Texans trainers and DWs personal QB coach. DW is just saying he never did anything wrong.

22 women now and none! NONE of them know each other.

You need to do some more research on this before you comment anymore,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back